Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[] Still the One in Vegas!
[] Shania on Spanish TV
[] Shania on French TV
[] Shania in TIME!
[] Shania on Today Show
[] Shania at Grey Cup
[] Shania on Late Show
[] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[]Chatroom
[] Board Members Pics
[] Timmins Trip Photos!
[] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > Shania in the news
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 11-26-2004, 11:05 PM
I'm Havin' A Party!

Send a message via ICQ to Shunyeuh Send a message via AIM to Shunyeuh Send a message via MSN to Shunyeuh Send a message via Yahoo to Shunyeuh
one of my ?s was sorda answered during msn chat but delilah asked about the diary and she mention the centre and what she sthougt of it
I Had A Blast Giving Shania The Flowers And Seeing her Reaction! was the best Feeling Ever! Meeting Her Was Awesome! getting the oprah transcript signed was a blast and having her recognize me was cool!
Old 11-27-2004, 08:38 AM
Board Administrator

Thanks fordw for these great captures.

more here

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain

Last edited by cbspock : 11-27-2004 at 08:41 AM.
Old 11-27-2004, 09:28 AM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

Wow, thanks for the pictures Fordw. I know just as usual, I am late, but it was a great show no doubt about it. You all have run down the show so there is not a lot more to add. I like how Shania doesn't put on airs when she does shows like this. What I mean is she isn't all plastered with makeup like a lot of the stars are when they do these things. I noticed last night as well as when she did the QVC show. By the way I watched a lot of that yesterday as I was trying to decide if there was enough tape left for last night. When I finish a tape, I always give it an index so I know pretty close to where I have to go to see what I want. So, as I was going through, I logged everything on that tape to date and decided it was fine. Ironically, I then, I didn't even use it. I used a second tape I have for my other VCR that was all set to go with the last taping being the bits and pieces of the CMAs I did. Whenever I can, I tape with no "ads" and did so last night. It is truly incredible that when you have 2 hours and 120 minutes, there was only 1 hour and 27 minutes, or a total of 87 minutes of show. There was 33 minutes of ads, over a half-hour. That would work out to about 4 to 5 more videos Since I am disappointed we didn't get to see some of those she has done other than what was played as some have mentioned, it is too bad. But it is something we have to live with I know.

I loved the show though and to my surprise, my wife watched it with me. Well, let me edit that. She watched until about 11:45 p.m. She had to get up early today to go Christmas shopping with our daughters, so she apologized and hit the hay. Of course yours truly did not! She was zipping around this morning to get ready for shopping and so she hasn't asked me yet what was #2 and #1. I was happy that she watched with me.

The show? I think if you look at the songs from a video emphasis, then it was probably pretty accurate, but, I am surprised that YSTO for example was that low. But, looking it as a video and not as Shania's most successful song of all time, then you can make that adjustment. Still, I was very disappointed at FTMO being #10, but that's just me. FAFA should have been higher to me, so should the WIM, and as much as I like MIFLAW [and yes I too sing it], I am not sure it should be #1.

All in all though I enjoyed the show immensely. You have all touched on about every interesting highlight Lance and Shania commented on, and to me that was the key part of it more than the videos themselves since we all know them very well. I think Pink is a gutsy performer. A duet with Shania would be awesome!

Loved it! Great Show!

Steve
Old 11-27-2004, 12:53 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Jud
FV, add this to the list (just don't send it to Matt)

Maybe if Mutt will produce Pink's next record...we got a shot at the Crossroad..I think Shania would do it immediately..I am not sure Pink would like to be seen on CMT ..LOL!

I laughed a lot when she talked about the "butt shots" she edited out of the chandelier part of the video..LOL

Overall a fantastic special...THANKS Ford for the GREAT vidcaps!
Old 11-27-2004, 01:03 PM
I'm Havin' A Party!

Send a message via ICQ to Shunyeuh Send a message via AIM to Shunyeuh Send a message via MSN to Shunyeuh Send a message via Yahoo to Shunyeuh
yeah that was funny the butt shots.... i rolled when she did the batting of the eyes.
I Had A Blast Giving Shania The Flowers And Seeing her Reaction! was the best Feeling Ever! Meeting Her Was Awesome! getting the oprah transcript signed was a blast and having her recognize me was cool!
Old 11-27-2004, 01:05 PM
I'm Havin' A Party!

lol maybe mutt will re edit them back in. to party for two. like how they added the pulling the knob off in ftmo
Old 11-27-2004, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Shunyeuh
lol maybe mutt will re edit them back in. to party for two. like how they added the pulling the knob off in ftmo

Wouldn't it be great if she did release a DVD collection of UP videos and as bonus footage they could include all the funny outtakes of videos past like the ftmo "teaser" on the platinum collection DVD. I bet there are some funny gems on the editing room floor.

Ok - 1 more thing to add to the XMAS list!
Old 11-27-2004, 05:16 PM

I really liked the show also! I was so impressed by all the questions she answered by the fans! We think so much alike!! I also agree with, Steve, that the WIM & FAFA videos should have been higher in the count! I really love FAFA as a song and a video and I totally agree with what Shania said about being old-fashioned, staying married to the same person forever, if possible! I'm not married, but it's what I believe!!! This is also one of my fav videos too, WYKM, and I wish it would have been up there, but I like the playful version of Shania w/guy with camera!
Old 11-27-2004, 06:43 PM
PROFESSIONAL CRAZED FAN

Send a message via AIM to Rufus
it was a great special but come on! we can see most of those videos whenever, just pop in the platinum collection. there should have been more questions and shania commentary! with that said, i'll still watch this special over and over again! as many times as they show it. and sadly, my question was not asked. but, it really was a longshot that it would get asked in the first place. oh well.

fyi, i don't know who else is interested but when shania answered that her favorite movie was Billy Elliot the title sounded familiar but i hadn't a clue as to what it was about. i asked around and its the story of a boy who wanted to be a professional ballet dancer, or something like that. i never saw it so that's all i remember from the previews from a while ago.

NEVER BE NORMAL!
Old 11-27-2004, 06:56 PM
Board Administrator

Plot Summary for
Billy Elliot (2000)
Set against the background of the 1984 Miner's Strike, Billy Elliot is an 11 year old boy who stumbles out of the boxing ring and onto the ballet floor. He faces many trials and triumphs as he strives to conquer his family's set ways, inner conflict, and standing on his toes!

1984: In a northern England mining town, miners are on strike and the atmosphere is tense. Eleven-year old Billy Elliot, whose father and brother are participating in the strike, whose mother has died quite some time ago and whose grandmother is not completely aware of what's going on, doesn't like the brutal boxing lessons at school. Instead, he falls for the girls' ballet lessons. When his folks find out about this unusual love of his, Billy is in trouble. Being supported by the ballet teacher, Mrs. Wilkinson, he keeps on training secretly while the work situation as well as the problems at home get worse. Finally, Mrs. Wilkinson manages to get Billy an audition for the Royal Ballet School, but now he also has to open his heart to his family.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0249462/

Old 11-27-2004, 10:18 PM
*~I Love You Shania!~*

I LOVED this special! Shania is so cute! She answered the questions with such enthusiasm and she is so honest and down to earth about everything. I will watch this show over and over again. Now, I only wish I could see the CTV special, but sadly, I don't live in Canada, therefore, I cannot see it. But hopefully, they will put it on the internet like they did with Canada AM. But anyway, I loved this show! It was awesome. Let's do it again! LOL!

Shania's Still The One, Forever And For Always!

I You, Shania!

53 DAYS UNTIL THE FIFTH ANNUAL WORLDWIDE SHANIA TWAIN FAN CONVENTION!!! GET READY TO PARTY HARDY!!!
Old 11-28-2004, 04:30 PM

My question didn't get asked, either. But... I didn't expect it, too, since it was pretty much a slap in the face to Bashville. It was something like:

"You and your music have touched and enriched so many lives throughout the world, including my autistic son. Why do you think it's so difficult for some critics to "see" what is so easy to be seen - even through the eyes of an autistic child."
Old 11-28-2004, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cbspock
Daniel...who would be your pick for a crossroad special?

Shania...Pink, she totally rocks. She has a soulful voice, a lot of fun.

Lance...Call pinks people!!!
WOW, that would be great, I can see their voices meshing well! I would love to see Shania sing "Just Like a Pill"...great song! I hope it happens

BTW, Thank u all for all of the reviews and updates, feels like I almost watched the show, can't wait to see it!
Old 11-28-2004, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cheryl
I really liked the show also! I was so impressed by all the questions she answered by the fans! We think so much alike!! I also agree with, Steve, that the WIM & FAFA videos should have been higher in the count! I really love FAFA as a song and a video and I totally agree with what Shania said about being old-fashioned, staying married to the same person forever, if possible! I'm not married, but it's what I believe!!! This is also one of my fav videos too, WYKM, and I wish it would have been up there, but I like the playful version of Shania w/guy with camera!

Cheryl

You have to take into consideration that on CMT America there is a fairly large percentage of male viewers...So they will influence the voting rather severely...But if they did the voting by sex category the results would be rather interesting to say the least...But I think you understand where I am leading to...I would think that FAFA would have definately won out amongst the females... But FAFA is definately my favorite over MIFLAW hands down...I don't go that much for the flashy even though I must admit Shania looks fabulous in MIFLAW and it is a very bold statement for Shania to males and females for that matter...But you would be suprised how many males love that very boldness of the video MIFLAW...But I think with each video Shania makes a statement in some direction or the the other...Those videos all convey something to the audience...More than any other I think it was MIFLAW that rocked country to its core...The other one would be That Don't Impress Me Much...

I also think that the voting results did not suprise Shania at all...If FAFA had come out on top, I think that Shania might have shown some suprise...

Benjamin

Last edited by corran : 11-28-2004 at 05:08 PM.
Old 11-28-2004, 08:03 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sheri
My question didn't get asked, either. But... I didn't expect it, too, since it was pretty much a slap in the face to Bashville. It was something like:

"You and your music have touched and enriched so many lives throughout the world, including my autistic son. Why do you think it's so difficult for some critics to "see" what is so easy to be seen - even through the eyes of an autistic child."

because the critics don't have a clue.

-Chris

Post New Thread Reply