Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[] Still the One in Vegas!
[] Shania on Spanish TV
[] Shania on French TV
[] Shania in TIME!
[] Shania on Today Show
[] Shania at Grey Cup
[] Shania on Late Show
[] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[]Chatroom
[] Board Members Pics
[] Timmins Trip Photos!
[] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > Shania in the news
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 06-13-2011, 09:05 PM
#1 Shania Fan :)

The funny thing is, the worst reviews I have read are from fans on Shania Forums. Almost all of the reviews on Itunes and other web sites are very positive.

Interesting!
Old 06-13-2011, 09:15 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkalot24
The funny thing is, the worst reviews I have read are from fans on Shania Forums. Almost all of the reviews on Itunes and other web sites are very positive.

Interesting!

Because they have nothing better to do. Thinking of themselves. I think the various styles represent different aspects of Shania's career. It starts out as a show tune, like deerhurst, then moves into a country rift like her first album and TWIM, then a guitar riff like COO then into more of a pop sound, then into a stripped down UP green disc type sound then into the big finale

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 06-13-2011, 10:34 PM
...one Freaky Finn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbspock
Because they have nothing better to do. Thinking of themselves. I think the various styles represent different aspects of Shania's career. It starts out as a show tune, like deerhurst, then moves into a country rift like her first album and TWIM, then a guitar riff like COO then into more of a pop sound, then into a stripped down UP green disc type sound then into the big finale

-Chris

I'm quite sure everyone who has reviewed the song, have actually listened to it.

John -
Old 06-13-2011, 11:03 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteotempo
Yeah, it's been a very touching moment seeing that video montage with the song playing in the background.
Another journey has ended and we're all waiting for the next one

I hope that video is released to itunes. It really fits with the song. I hope they also release the single on disc. I would like to know if Carrie, and Cory made it into the final mix.

-Chris

Old 06-13-2011, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnFreak
I'm quite sure everyone who has reviewed the song, have actually listened to it.

John -

And?

The forums has become a place to rip Shania for all that she does and to praise Mutt. If you talk about Mutt, you get banned. Yet, at *SHANIA* forums, it's quite acceptable to rip Shania a new one.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:09 PM
Board Administrator

I am really tired of the negativity. If you don't like the song, so be it. The constant ripping of Shania by so called fans just needs to STOP! Let's celebrate the fact she is stepping back into the studio and writing, and has decided to share this first step with us. We wanted her back but because she doesn't meet some imaginary standard some online fan snobs want all of a sudden Shania is bad, etc. is ridiculous.

Enjoy the moment.

-Chris

Last edited by cbspock : 06-13-2011 at 11:16 PM.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:28 PM
...one Freaky Finn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkalot24
And?

The forums has become a place to rip Shania for all that she does and to praise Mutt. If you talk about Mutt, you get banned. Yet, at *SHANIA* forums, it's quite acceptable to rip Shania a new one.

Simply not true. Messages dripping with venom are not allowed. Constructive & civil discussion is encouraged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbspock
I am really tired of the negativity. If you don't like the song, so be it. The constant ripping of Shania by so called fans just needs to STOP! Let's celebrate the fact she is stepping back into the studio and writing, and has decided to share this first step with us. We wanted her back but because she doesn't meet some imaginary standard some online fan snobs want all of a sudden Shania is bad, etc. is ridiculous.

-Chris

I like the song. Nice Beatlesque vibe in places. Just purchased it this morning from iTunes for my daughter's 3rd Birthday. Because Today Is Her Day.

It's not quite the energetic comeback song we were expecting, but it is by no means poor. And all fans are happy that she's getting back into music mode. The European fans wonder why we've been left out pretty much of everything since 2004. And possibly nothing until 2015..?

John -
Old 06-14-2011, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Simply not true. Messages dripping with venom are not allowed. Constructive & civil discussion is encouraged.

Yes, true. My messages regarding Mutt have less venom than some of the posts made toward Shania ... and it's a forum for SHANIA fans, NOT Mutt fans. I was banned for calling out Mutt on his affair, while you and some others want to try to place the blame on Shania for his cheating, or to even say it didn't happen. NOTHING excuses cheating.

Quote:
I like the song. Nice Beatlesque vibe in places. Just purchased it this morning from iTunes for my daughter's 3rd Birthday. Because Today Is Her Day.

You've said quite a few other things about it too on Shania Forums.

Quote:
It's not quite the energetic comeback song we were expecting, but it is by no means poor. And all fans are happy that she's getting back into music mode. The European fans wonder why we've been left out pretty much of everything since 2004. And possibly nothing until 2015..?

Despite this being billed as the comeback, it's really not. Thus far, all of this has really just been Shania getting herself ready for the comeback. She did decide to release the single just because it helped her and she thought it might help some others, too. The real comeback will be Vegas and the new album. And I'm confident that when the new album is released, she will promote it in Europe.

I know fans aren't going to like every single thing Shania does. But it seems some people on the Forums haven't liked a thing she has done for some time now -- the book, appearing on American Idol, the Oprah show, the new single, going to Vegas, etc. If some aren't happy with ANYTHING she does lately, why would you still call yourself a fan? I know I wouldn't be a fan of someone if I didn't like anything they were doing.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:21 AM
...one Freaky Finn...

I am happy Shania is happy.

Looking eagerly forward to what comes next.

John -
Old 06-14-2011, 01:16 AM

Quote:
I am happy Shania is happy.

Looking eagerly forward to what comes next.

John -

haha!! Yeah, ok.
Old 06-14-2011, 04:59 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteotempo
The single is #1 in Canada, Spain and New Zealand. And #2 in Switzerland! #3 on iTunes country chart in US

Very good! Love how fans are super interested in her new music.....
Old 06-14-2011, 05:01 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve F
Yeah, I played it in the car today several times. It is "really" good!

Steve

The more I listen to it, the more I pick up different things they did with the production.....Very good first single....I think it gave Shania herself the confidence to start using her voice again the way she wants to use it......
Old 06-14-2011, 11:46 AM

*** QUICK POST *** the single is #10 on ITUNES US, I cant find the link to websites with the country listed, but as of 1145am 6/14 its #10
Come on over, Come on in, Pull up a sit..........UP! UP! can only go UP! from here...... That's Me, My Life Theory!
Old 06-14-2011, 02:37 PM

I just read a review where the person said Today was the lead single from Shania's upcoming album. Why don't people understand that Today has really nothing to do with a new album? Shania hasn't even finished the album, and yet people are saying this is the lead single ...
Old 06-14-2011, 07:42 PM
Board Administrator

Post New Thread Reply