Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[] Still the One in Vegas!
[] Shania on Spanish TV
[] Shania on French TV
[] Shania in TIME!
[] Shania on Today Show
[] Shania at Grey Cup
[] Shania on Late Show
[] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[]Chatroom
[] Board Members Pics
[] Timmins Trip Photos!
[] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > Shania in the news
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #76  
Old 06-13-2011, 09:05 PM
talkalot24's Avatar
talkalot24 talkalot24 is offline
#1 Shania Fan :)
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 2,876
The funny thing is, the worst reviews I have read are from fans on Shania Forums. Almost all of the reviews on Itunes and other web sites are very positive.

Interesting!
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 06-13-2011, 09:15 PM
cbspock's Avatar
cbspock cbspock is offline
Board Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: at the edge of the final frontier...
Posts: 49,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkalot24
The funny thing is, the worst reviews I have read are from fans on Shania Forums. Almost all of the reviews on Itunes and other web sites are very positive.

Interesting!



Because they have nothing better to do. Thinking of themselves. I think the various styles represent different aspects of Shania's career. It starts out as a show tune, like deerhurst, then moves into a country rift like her first album and TWIM, then a guitar riff like COO then into more of a pop sound, then into a stripped down UP green disc type sound then into the big finale



-Chris
__________________
Shania's Place
Shania: often imitated, never duplicated!!

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 06-13-2011, 10:34 PM
FinnFreak's Avatar
FinnFreak FinnFreak is offline
...one Freaky Finn...
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Vaasa, Finland
Posts: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbspock
Because they have nothing better to do. Thinking of themselves. I think the various styles represent different aspects of Shania's career. It starts out as a show tune, like deerhurst, then moves into a country rift like her first album and TWIM, then a guitar riff like COO then into more of a pop sound, then into a stripped down UP green disc type sound then into the big finale



-Chris


I'm quite sure everyone who has reviewed the song, have actually listened to it.


John -
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 06-13-2011, 11:03 PM
cbspock's Avatar
cbspock cbspock is offline
Board Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: at the edge of the final frontier...
Posts: 49,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteotempo
Yeah, it's been a very touching moment seeing that video montage with the song playing in the background.
Another journey has ended and we're all waiting for the next one




I hope that video is released to itunes. It really fits with the song. I hope they also release the single on disc. I would like to know if Carrie, and Cory made it into the final mix.


-Chris
__________________
Shania's Place
Shania: often imitated, never duplicated!!

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 06-13-2011, 11:04 PM
talkalot24's Avatar
talkalot24 talkalot24 is offline
#1 Shania Fan :)
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 2,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnFreak
I'm quite sure everyone who has reviewed the song, have actually listened to it.


John -


And?

The forums has become a place to rip Shania for all that she does and to praise Mutt. If you talk about Mutt, you get banned. Yet, at *SHANIA* forums, it's quite acceptable to rip Shania a new one.
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 06-13-2011, 11:09 PM
cbspock's Avatar
cbspock cbspock is offline
Board Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: at the edge of the final frontier...
Posts: 49,422
I am really tired of the negativity. If you don't like the song, so be it. The constant ripping of Shania by so called fans just needs to STOP! Let's celebrate the fact she is stepping back into the studio and writing, and has decided to share this first step with us. We wanted her back but because she doesn't meet some imaginary standard some online fan snobs want all of a sudden Shania is bad, etc. is ridiculous.


Enjoy the moment.


-Chris
__________________
Shania's Place
Shania: often imitated, never duplicated!!

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain

Last edited by cbspock : 06-13-2011 at 11:16 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 06-13-2011, 11:28 PM
FinnFreak's Avatar
FinnFreak FinnFreak is offline
...one Freaky Finn...
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Vaasa, Finland
Posts: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkalot24
And?

The forums has become a place to rip Shania for all that she does and to praise Mutt. If you talk about Mutt, you get banned. Yet, at *SHANIA* forums, it's quite acceptable to rip Shania a new one.


Simply not true. Messages dripping with venom are not allowed. Constructive & civil discussion is encouraged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbspock
I am really tired of the negativity. If you don't like the song, so be it. The constant ripping of Shania by so called fans just needs to STOP! Let's celebrate the fact she is stepping back into the studio and writing, and has decided to share this first step with us. We wanted her back but because she doesn't meet some imaginary standard some online fan snobs want all of a sudden Shania is bad, etc. is ridiculous.



-Chris


I like the song. Nice Beatlesque vibe in places. Just purchased it this morning from iTunes for my daughter's 3rd Birthday. Because Today Is Her Day.

It's not quite the energetic comeback song we were expecting, but it is by no means poor. And all fans are happy that she's getting back into music mode. The European fans wonder why we've been left out pretty much of everything since 2004. And possibly nothing until 2015..?


John -
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 06-14-2011, 12:05 AM
talkalot24's Avatar
talkalot24 talkalot24 is offline
#1 Shania Fan :)
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 2,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnFreak
Simply not true. Messages dripping with venom are not allowed. Constructive & civil discussion is encouraged.

Yes, true. My messages regarding Mutt have less venom than some of the posts made toward Shania ... and it's a forum for SHANIA fans, NOT Mutt fans. I was banned for calling out Mutt on his affair, while you and some others want to try to place the blame on Shania for his cheating, or to even say it didn't happen. NOTHING excuses cheating.



Quote:
I like the song. Nice Beatlesque vibe in places. Just purchased it this morning from iTunes for my daughter's 3rd Birthday. Because Today Is Her Day.


You've said quite a few other things about it too on Shania Forums.

Quote:
It's not quite the energetic comeback song we were expecting, but it is by no means poor. And all fans are happy that she's getting back into music mode. The European fans wonder why we've been left out pretty much of everything since 2004. And possibly nothing until 2015..?


Despite this being billed as the comeback, it's really not. Thus far, all of this has really just been Shania getting herself ready for the comeback. She did decide to release the single just because it helped her and she thought it might help some others, too. The real comeback will be Vegas and the new album. And I'm confident that when the new album is released, she will promote it in Europe.


I know fans aren't going to like every single thing Shania does. But it seems some people on the Forums haven't liked a thing she has done for some time now -- the book, appearing on American Idol, the Oprah show, the new single, going to Vegas, etc. If some aren't happy with ANYTHING she does lately, why would you still call yourself a fan? I know I wouldn't be a fan of someone if I didn't like anything they were doing.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 06-14-2011, 12:21 AM
FinnFreak's Avatar
FinnFreak FinnFreak is offline
...one Freaky Finn...
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Vaasa, Finland
Posts: 822
I am happy Shania is happy.

Looking eagerly forward to what comes next.


John -
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 06-14-2011, 01:16 AM
talkalot24's Avatar
talkalot24 talkalot24 is offline
#1 Shania Fan :)
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 2,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnFreak
I am happy Shania is happy.

Looking eagerly forward to what comes next.


John -


haha!! Yeah, ok.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 06-14-2011, 04:59 AM
FV's Avatar
FV FV is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Portland, ME
Posts: 18,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteotempo
The single is #1 in Canada, Spain and New Zealand. And #2 in Switzerland! #3 on iTunes country chart in US

Very good! Love how fans are super interested in her new music.....
__________________
NEW Shania album 'NOW' out September 29, 2017! Pre-Order it HERE !
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 06-14-2011, 05:01 AM
FV's Avatar
FV FV is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Portland, ME
Posts: 18,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve F
Yeah, I played it in the car today several times. It is "really" good!

Steve

The more I listen to it, the more I pick up different things they did with the production.....Very good first single....I think it gave Shania herself the confidence to start using her voice again the way she wants to use it......
__________________
NEW Shania album 'NOW' out September 29, 2017! Pre-Order it HERE !
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 06-14-2011, 11:46 AM
DivaDewdHote's Avatar
DivaDewdHote DivaDewdHote is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: ERIE PA USA
Posts: 452
*** QUICK POST *** the single is #10 on ITUNES US, I cant find the link to websites with the country listed, but as of 1145am 6/14 its #10
__________________
Jason C Brendel
No Fear, Just Aggressive, Limitless Extend, Always Smile in Style and Be Your Fantabulicious Self ~ ME
" A Happy Heart is A Happy Face " ~ Shania Twain
Come on over, Come on in, Pull up a sit..........UP! UP! can only go UP! from here...... That's Me, My Life Theory!
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 06-14-2011, 02:37 PM
talkalot24's Avatar
talkalot24 talkalot24 is offline
#1 Shania Fan :)
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 2,876
I just read a review where the person said Today was the lead single from Shania's upcoming album. Why don't people understand that Today has really nothing to do with a new album? Shania hasn't even finished the album, and yet people are saying this is the lead single ...
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 06-14-2011, 07:42 PM
cbspock's Avatar
cbspock cbspock is offline
Board Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: at the edge of the final frontier...
Posts: 49,422
__________________
Shania's Place
Shania: often imitated, never duplicated!!

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Reply With Quote
Post New Thread Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:32 PM.

Powered by The Shania Network
| North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place |
| Shania Portal | Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City! |

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.