Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[] Still the One in Vegas!
[] Shania on Spanish TV
[] Shania on French TV
[] Shania in TIME!
[] Shania on Today Show
[] Shania at Grey Cup
[] Shania on Late Show
[] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[]Chatroom
[] Board Members Pics
[] Timmins Trip Photos!
[] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > Shania in the news
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 02-13-2003, 12:17 AM

THIS SHOW WAS A TREASURE!!!!!!!!! And I totally freaked when she walked out there to see Natasha. How WONDERFUL! What a moment to catch on video and have forever.
Old 02-13-2003, 01:38 AM

Everyone pretty much covered all of what I liked and what I thought of the show. It was a great show showing her true side. I especially liked the cussing and the fact that Shania's best friend was not perfect. Many people probably think because Shania is so pretty that she would not have a bigger friend, but on the contrary. Also did anyone notice that when her friend was walking with the camera on one of the shots, they blurred out her teeth. It seemed she had put chocolate or something on her teeth to try and make Shania laugh. I thought that was funny because I do that to my friends as well.
I also like that young reporters reaction as he didn't know how to react-lol. Especially after she asked him about his hair. GREAT SHOW but it should of been longer. Hmmmm..maybe that will be the fanclubs special DVD????
Old 02-13-2003, 01:52 AM

Shania`s "What It Is Like" VH-1

Anyone check out the special "What It Is Like" on Vh-1? I think they did a good job showing a day in the life of Shania. Even her
management got into the picture , her highschool friend, and Shania`s sister Carrie Ann. The behind the scenes footage was good also, and some comments made, were done in a more natural setting with shania and some of her more personal revelations.

Funny, Shania taping the reporter from the Toronto Post while he was interviewing her. The poor guy was as nervious as could be, but did well considering. Well great duty, considering Shania is the second most successful Artist in Candian Music History (Celine Deon is first) and the Fourth most famous Candian ever. (Wayne Gretskey is first).

Shania herself was taking videos of the day before the interview in Toronto last November with her entourage ( of only 8 people) and a day later for the Today Show in New York City. She certainly has a great sense of humor, and it is apparent this helps her sort things out. Shania says she dislikes doing live shows and has different priorities now, since Eja was born.

Ken
Old 02-13-2003, 05:53 AM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by jen
Everyone pretty much covered all of what I liked and what I thought of the show. It was a great show showing her true side. I especially liked the cussing and the fact that Shania's best friend was not perfect. Many people probably think because Shania is so pretty that she would not have a bigger friend, but on the contrary. Also did anyone notice that when her friend was walking with the camera on one of the shots, they blurred out her teeth. It seemed she had put chocolate or something on her teeth to try and make Shania laugh. I thought that was funny because I do that to my friends as well.
I also like that young reporters reaction as he didn't know how to react-lol. Especially after she asked him about his hair. GREAT SHOW but it should of been longer. Hmmmm..maybe that will be the fanclubs special DVD????

The reporter at least had a different questions for her. You can tell she gets tired of answering the same question over and over and over and over again.

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 02-13-2003, 06:44 AM

Send a message via ICQ to ninner18
Would it be possible to get a copy of this from anyone.???? I have an extra copy of Rolling Stones.. but I"m willing to pay for it!!
Someone let me know..please!!!

Thanks
Old 02-13-2003, 11:11 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by jen
Hmmmm..maybe that will be the fanclubs special DVD????

I am hoping the same!!!!
By the way....didn't VH1 say that we would have seen Shania meeting Dolly?
Old 02-13-2003, 03:59 PM
Men are like shoes...

To me this show made me see that the Shania on air is very different from the Shania off air. The Shania off air is more stand offish and likes her privacy. In a way, it seems like she don't like people, but in her career, it would be impossible for her to be like that she has people around her all the time. She is very friendly on air, not saying that she is not friendly off air, it's just that she wants it her way or the highway. And that's not bad either, she has a busy agenda, and she needs time to see her baby and eat dinner. Shania is just very different. I'm very much the same way, so I really don't have a problem with her being like that, it's just really different to see two different people. I'm glad I saw this show, it really brings out her true colors, and are they ever so colorful!!!!

Men are like shoes....made to confuse
There are so many of them...I don't know which ones to choose!
Old 02-13-2003, 04:11 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by FV
I am hoping the same!!!!
By the way....didn't VH1 say that we would have seen Shania meeting Dolly?

Yes, in the original press release. Maybe the special was an hour originally, and it got cut down. Maybe there will be a part 2.

-Chris

Old 02-13-2003, 04:34 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by tankandmaddie
To me this show made me see that the Shania on air is very different from the Shania off air. The Shania off air is more stand offish and likes her privacy. In a way, it seems like she don't like people, but in her career, it would be impossible for her to be like that she has people around her all the time. She is very friendly on air, not saying that she is not friendly off air, it's just that she wants it her way or the highway. And that's not bad either, she has a busy agenda, and she needs time to see her baby and eat dinner. Shania is just very different. I'm very much the same way, so I really don't have a problem with her being like that, it's just really different to see two different people. I'm glad I saw this show, it really brings out her true colors, and are they ever so colorful!!!!

If you read the Eggar book, you'll see that none of what was shown on the special was really new. Shania is a very private person, and she admits it takes her a long time to warm up to people. Once Shania trusts you, your a friend for life, then Shania turns into a chatterbox.

-Chris

Old 02-13-2003, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Joni
I agree with fuller on the voice, but she sings higher ranges...that may be what was meant by "higher".

Yep, Joni, that's what I meant.

Take care!
Much Love,
Jill
"I don't have all the answers but I know this much is true...you gotta have something to believe in - and I believe in you. Instead of saying 'I'm lucky' you say 'I'm blessed' and it's changed my life with something simple as that...holdin' you close when you look at me - long, slow kisses so tenderly...these are the things I believe..."
-- Keith Urban
Old 02-13-2003, 04:58 PM
Who's On First?

Quote:
Originally posted by cbspock
Yes, in the original press release. Maybe the special was an hour originally, and it got cut down. Maybe there will be a part 2.

-Chris
(Y)UP!
Old 02-13-2003, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cbspock
The reporter at least had a different questions for her. You can tell she gets tired of answering the same question over and over and over and over again.

-Chris
Old 02-13-2003, 05:19 PM

Hey Chris, Darn I fouled up, sorry about that last post, somehow, I could not get your qoute in, been a while LOL.

Also, sorry about not knowing the post was here, been sleeping. Glad you told me it was here.

Anyway, yes, I agree with you, shania is a private person as she has said mumerous times, and is well documented throughout the many books written about her and magazines, and interviews where she says generally, she is really a reticent , and solitary person, quite different than her stage persona, and her public one too

Ken
Old 02-13-2003, 06:18 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by AINAHS
(Y)UP!

You know something we don't?

-Chris

Old 02-13-2003, 06:30 PM
Who's On First?

Quote: