Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Fans Area > Life, Music, etc...
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 02-21-2006, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FV
Really great stories about many of the athletes so far.. I wish they were showing more LIVE coverage though...

Hard to do with that huge time difference.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:33 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojibiwanqueenst
Hard to do with that huge time difference.

That is what their other cable channels are for. NBC's coverage has been horrible. Commercials interrupted by the events.

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 02-22-2006, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen
Did anyone see the night when all the best dancers fell down?? The Italian couple were so mad at each other that night and it carried on to last night. They never looked at each other or spoke to one another until their dance last night. After their dance they forgave one another, it was really a moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbspock
I'm thinking that was an act.
-Chris

Actually, it wasn't in my opinion. Barbara Fusar-poli/Maurizio Margaglio from Italy made a comeback to these Olympics with only ONE thought: GOLD!! They were SOOOOOO disappointed in 2002 when they only received bronze!
They had worked a year only for these olympics and they wanted that gold! Everything was looking great after the compulsory when they were at first place. But then came that awful night where "everyone" fell during Original Dance! And so did they....
It was Maurizio's "fault" that they fell down cos he couldn't lift her they way planned.... He stubled and the they were down. The look on Barbara's face said it all. If looks could kill.... I could almost hear them "talking" in silence
Barbara: It was your fault
Maurizio: I know, I'm sorry
Barbara: I will never forgive you
Maurizio: I'm sorryyyyyyyyy
Poor Maurizio, Barbara is known with having a great temper, but that was like she was crucifiding him and all he could do was just stand there and take it. Barbaras look was filled with dissapointment and disbelief

And, to make thing worse. Maurizio also fell in 2002 during their free dance, so you can imagine what he was thinking.
Old 02-22-2006, 02:00 PM

FOR HEAVENS SAKE!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU, FINLAND!!!!

Niittymδki was on fire
Old 02-22-2006, 07:47 PM

Congrats, to Finlands Hockey team, unfortunately the USA had to be on the losing end of it.

I really wish the USA team would have handled their self better after the loss. Instead of blaming one another they should give credit to the Finns for playing a great game.

I have been dissapointed during the Olympics with some of the U.S athletes for bad sportsmanship.
Old 02-22-2006, 07:57 PM
Board Administrator

-Chris

Old 02-22-2006, 11:18 PM

Today the Canadian women won 2 gold medals (1 each in speedskating and cross-country skiing) and 2 silver medals (2 in speedskating). So far, the women have won 14 of our 18 medals to date. So, I know what you are going to say - women have to work twice as hard as men to get the same recognition. Well, our male atheletes have taken this to heart and graciously and magnamously allowed the women atheletes to work 5 times harder than them. To think that the men are forgoing their chance on the podium to let our sisters shine in the spotlight - kinda gets you right there.

The men have a gold or silver coming to them in curling as they are in finals but they the rest of them have to step up their game cause the farer sex is carrying the mail for Canada. Any other countries having this female sucess over the males or is it more even or the reverse? I realize that the competition is not the same in their respective events.

Last edited by Knight1 : 02-23-2006 at 12:22 AM.
Old 02-22-2006, 11:27 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight1
Today the Canadian women 2 gold medals (1 each in speedskating and cross-country skiing) and 2 silver medals (2 in speedskating). So far, the women have won 15 of our 18 medals to date. So, I know what you are going to say - women have to work twice as hard as men to get the same recognition. Well, our male atheletes have taken this to heart and graciously and magnamously allowed the women atheletes to work 5 times harder than them. To think that the men are forgoing their chance on the podium to let our sisters shine in the spotlight - kinda gets you right there.

The men have a gold or silver coming to them in curling as they are in finals but they the rest of them have to step up their game cause the farer sex is carrying the mail for Canada. Any other countries having this female sucess over the males or is it more even or the reverse? I realize that the competition is not the same in their respective events.

I don't know about the States. It seems fairly mixed I think. We didn't exactly field the best olympic team this time around IMO. The male speed skaters, and the ski team seem more interested in themselves than the team.

Canada did really well with overall medal count, they set a new record total for themselves. However, the Hockey team lost.

-Chris

Last edited by cbspock : 02-22-2006 at 11:33 PM.
Old 02-22-2006, 11:33 PM

Quote:
I don't know about the States. It seems fairly mixed I think. We didn't exactly field the best olympic team this time around IMO. The male speed skaters, and the ski team seem more interested in themselves than the team.

Canada did really well with overall medal count, they set a new record total for themselves. However, the Hockey team lost.
-Chris

Yeah - the hockey team lost but truthfully many people here did not think that they had enough team preparation time before the Olympics - in fact they had none at all and just got together for the 1st time in Turin - because of the NHL schedule - that should not happen next time.
Old 02-22-2006, 11:49 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Yeah - the hockey team lost but truthfully many people here did not think that they had enough team preparation time before the Olympics - in fact they had none at all and just got together for the 1st time in Turin - because of the NHL schedule - that should not happen next time.

I saw an article online about our team in the States, and they are whining about just that. Also, they had to take care of their own arrangements to get to the Olympics. We shouldn't be sending NHL players to the Games in the first place.

-Chris

Old 02-23-2006, 12:20 AM

Quote:
I saw an article online about our team in the States, and they are whining about just that. Also, they had to take care of their own arrangements to get to the Olympics. We shouldn't be sending NHL players to the Games in the first place.
-Chris

Agreed - but if the NHL allows them to compete for their countries, Canada and US would be at a disadvantage in the Games if they went strictly with amateurs or non-pros against basically NHL stars. The NHL has to allow at least 2 weeks or 1.5 weeks off before the games so that all the Olympic teams can get in some practice before the Games. I think in Canada's case this time we had a lot of good players who declined to participate and we had maybe too many veteran older players.

Last edited by Knight1 : 02-23-2006 at 12:23 AM.
Old 02-23-2006, 01:15 AM

No no no, Finland's hockey team ALSO got together in Torino! They arrived in different times. Some were still in USA/Canada when some were already rehearsing in Torino. So you can't blame only that.... Finland has also NHL players in their team and so does Sweden! But this is sports, you have to worlk at each game and never underestimate any team.

And Finland made it to the Curling final, so CANADA, we'll see you there
Old 02-23-2006, 08:31 AM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Agreed - but if the NHL allows them to compete for their countries, Canada and US would be at a disadvantage in the Games if they went strictly with amateurs or non-pros against basically NHL stars. The NHL has to allow at least 2 weeks or 1.5 weeks off before the games so that all the Olympic teams can get in some practice before the Games. I think in Canada's case this time we had a lot of good players who declined to participate and we had maybe too many veteran older players.

When did the Olympics start allowing professionals in? Has it always been the case?

-Chris

Old 02-23-2006, 11:29 AM

Boy a bad day yesterday if you are a vancouver canuck fan.First canada losess to Russia then 2 of our players Sami Salo(finland) and Mattias Ohlund(sweden) go down with injury.
p.s GO FINLAND you have to beat our arch rivals Russia!

Last edited by dax : 02-23-2006 at 11:32 AM.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:49 AM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

The US was quiet yesterday, zip!!!

Steve