Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[] Still the One in Vegas!
[] Shania on Spanish TV
[] Shania on French TV
[] Shania in TIME!
[] Shania on Today Show
[] Shania at Grey Cup
[] Shania on Late Show
[] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[]Chatroom
[] Board Members Pics
[] Timmins Trip Photos!
[] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > Shania in the news
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 12-12-2002, 11:21 AM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

In Her Own Words on Friday the 13TH!!!

I know this is already out and in fact shown here on our Message Board, but I thought I would comment anyway.

For anyone who is interested, this is what I found while whipping through my VH1 Digital TV Guide for Friday the 13th:

Shania Twain - In Her Own Words - 11:00 a.m. [est]
Shania Twain - In Her Own Words - 10:00 p.m. [est]
Shania Twain - Behind the Music - 11:00 p.m. [est]
Shania Twain - In Her Own Words - [Sat. 14th] 12:00 a.m. [est]
Shania Twain - Driven ] - 1:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. [est]

Hope I got them in the right order as I did this from memory, which isn't as good as it used to be.

Steve

Last edited by Steve F : 12-13-2002 at 11:44 AM.
Old 12-12-2002, 11:36 AM
Administrator

Re: In Her Own Words on Friday the 13TH!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve F
I know this is already out and in fact shown here on our Message Board, but I thought I would comment anyway.

For anyone who is interested, this is what I found while whipping through my VH1 Digital TV Guide for Friday the 13th:

Shania Twain - In Her Own Words - 10:00 a.m. [est]
Shania Twain - In Her Own Words - 10:00 p.m. [est]
Shania Twain - Behind the Music - 11:00 p.m. [est]
Shania Twain - Driven [Saturday the 14th] - 12:00 a.m. [est]

Hope I got them in the right order as I did this from memory, which isn't as good as it used to be.

Steve
LOL! What is funny to me is that VH1 premieres the show on Friday morning at 11 AM... my bet would be that many more people will be watching it that night at 10 PM...instead..lol..
Old 12-12-2002, 11:55 AM
Suspended

Well, this is one Shania special we can't get in Canada. Can't complain though. We did have 12 consecutive days of Shania specials on CMT Canada, 2 specials on MMM, an appearance on Canada AM, the Grey Cup halftime show, Etalk's interview with Ben Mulroney and most recently Bernmergui's interview with Shania.

But of course we can never have too much Shania! So if any kind American fan could post a summary of In Her Own Words, we Canadian fans would appreciate it.

Roger
Old 12-12-2002, 08:58 PM

Vh1 initially said "she is the most successful female artist of all time" about this program, it is still listed this way on Rock on TV. They have changed it to "female country artist", but I liked the first better. Might have gotten a little argument from Aretha, Celine, Madonna, Mariah and even movie stars tho. LOL
Old 12-12-2002, 09:02 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Roger
Well, this is one Shania special we can't get in Canada. Can't complain though. We did have 12 consecutive days of Shania specials on CMT Canada, 2 specials on MMM, an appearance on Canada AM, the Grey Cup halftime show, Etalk's interview with Ben Mulroney and most recently Bernmergui's interview with Shania.

But of course we can never have too much Shania! So if any kind American fan could post a summary of In Her Own Words, we Canadian fans would appreciate it.

Roger

My cable service also lists it at 11am tomorrow as the first showing. I will be watching it tomorrow at 10pm. We get 3 hours of Shania tomorrow

I will post updates when it is on.

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 12-12-2002, 09:57 PM
Board Administrator

This was on the email reminder I got from VH1...

Shania in her own words
She is the most successful female artist of all time. But after the release of her collossal crossover smash "Come on Over", Shania Twain retreated from the spotlight to enjoy her life and to have a baby. Now, three years later, she's back with a new album and a new attitude. Shania sat down with VH1 in Nashville, to tell us her story in her own words. This hour-long interview special brings us up to date on Shania's life, her baby, her reclusive husband Mutt Lange, and why she needed a break from fame. She talks candidly about her past, her struggles with the Nashville establishment, and how she has changed her life and her attitude to handle the pressures of superstardom.
Premieres at 10:00 PM

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 12-12-2002, 11:00 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by cbspock
Premieres at 10:00 PM

You see that it says premieres at 10 PM and not 11 AM...
Old 12-13-2002, 06:59 AM

Send a message via ICQ to ninner18
I hope someone can post a summary/transcript of it for all of us that don't get it....
it would be nice to get some Shania to boost me from this flu bug that has be down....
Old 12-13-2002, 11:13 AM

SHANIA TWAIN IN HER OWN "AWESOME" WORDS!!!!

At 11:00 a.m. est., I watched Shania Twain - In Her Own Words. I have just 5 words to say because I don't want to spoil it for others:

"DON'T MISS IT - IT'S AWESOME!"

I taped it. If you cut the ads, it's about 43 minutes which is about average for VH1. Too much advertising, but still again:

"DON'T MISS IT!"

Steve

Last edited by Steve F : 12-13-2002 at 11:19 AM.
Old 12-13-2002, 11:31 AM

can someone elaborate a bit, like in 100-200 words?
For those whi can't see it? Please!!!!
Old 12-13-2002, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jud
can someone elaborate a bit, like in 100-200 words?
For those whi can't see it? Please!!!!

I don't get VH1 either.
Old 12-13-2002, 11:39 AM

I just posted on "General" not to miss this program. I don't want to spoil it for everyone. I know when something as good as this is comes on, I don't want somebody to already tell me all about it. That said, I will say Shania is very candid in this show. She let's it all hang out. She goes into a lot more detail about many things, e.g., her relationship with Mutt, some things about her early days in Nashville, etc. I find I love to see her in a baseball cap now. It just makes her look so cute, more like a teen, than a 37 year-old vet! One thing I found nice was that even though they play some exerpts from many of her big hits as the show goes on, you also get to hear samples from many of the songs from UP. And the earrings, holy cow, they are almost big enough for a small dog to jump through! As I say, don't miss it. You see glimpses of her many recent promo stints, and there is one short part where she talks to some fans who ask her things like why Mutt doesn't go with her, or is he with her now? I guess I've already said more than I wanted to. So, again for those of you who weren't fortunate enough to see it this morning, by all means see it tonight at 10:00 p.m. It will be on again from 12:00-1:00 a.m. & again on Saturday afternoon from 3:30-4:30 p.m. (est)

Steve
Old 12-13-2002, 11:43 AM

To bad Roger doesn't have VH1. He'd post exactly what Shania said...he's great at it.
Old 12-13-2002, 12:34 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally posted by Raider
To bad Roger doesn't have VH1. He'd post exactly what Shania said...he's great at it.

Thank you Raider. Steve, people who can see VH1 can choose not to read your report on the program if they don't want to spoil it for themselves. We poor Canucks won't find out anything if you or someone else doesn't give us a report.

Roger
Old 12-13-2002, 01:07 PM

I have a thread about Inside Fame replacing BTM, but no need now youre right, this absolutley blows them both away. VH1 knows they have a winner and are scheduling it often. It is right up to date, they mention UP!s first week sales. I am especialy happy they mix in UP! songs and they sound terrific.
Post New Thread Reply