Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > Shania in the news
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 11-19-2007, 06:34 PM

Like I told Chris, I was totally surprised when I went to Target this past Saturday and saw her on the cover! Boy was I happy and I didn't get a chance to read the whole interview yet either, just some bits and pieces, but from what I read on the board here, it sounds like a very good interview and she is so down-to earth!!! She always makes me feel good and she has that beautiful smile!!!!
Old 11-20-2007, 07:53 PM

The story has been picked up already

Shania Twain Is Ready for Success this Time

TUESDAY NOVEMBER 20, 2007 02:00 PM EST

By Karen Salkin

Shania Twain, who took five years off from the spotlight, is ready to inch back into public life – sort of.

"I struggled a lot internally with my fame, and coping with it has been very difficult," the 40-year-old singer tells Redbook in its December issue. "I was at the point where I would never look anyone in the eye. It was like living in prison."

After retreating to her chateau in Switzerland with her husband and son, she is ready to re-emerge. Today, in addition to being mom to her 6-year-old, coming out with a new perfume and working on a album due to be released in 2008, she says she's learning to look after herself.

"I'm not such a slave to pleasing everyone, which I think is a female tendency," she says. "I take more time for myself; that's a very big part of mental, emotional and physical health."

As for getting back into public life, she says, "I'm not naturally a spotlight person ... [But] I don't mind being the center of attention in a controlled, comfortable environment."

Asked what she imagines for her future, she jokes, "I'll probably be in the Canadian wilderness somewhere."

But on a serious note, she says music is an integral part of her life, and she wants "to write and record things that affect people in a positive way."

http://www.people.com/people/articl...0161560,00.html

Shania Twain Slowly Gears Up For A Comeback

November 20, 2007 4:09 p.m. EST

Ashley Dickson - Celebrity News Service News Writer
Los Angeles, CA (CNS) - Country singer Shania Twain sat down with Redbook for their December issue and revealed that after five years out of the public eye she is ready to make her comeback to music.
The 42-year old Canadian born singer enjoyed tremendous success in the late 1990's with her crossover album "Come On Over," which featured hit songs like "You're Still the One," and "Man1 I Feel Like a Woman!"

"I struggled a lot internally with my fame, and coping with it has been very difficult," Twain said in the interview. "I was at the point where I would never look anyone in the eye. It was like living in prison."

Twain escaped the pressures of stardom by retreating to hr chateau in Switzerland with music producer husband Robert John "Mutt" Lange and their six-year old son Eja D'Angelo. The much-needed break from the public eye has allowed Twain to focus on a new album due out in 2008 and developing her new fragrance "Shania by Stetson."

"I'm not such a slave to pleasing everyone, which I think is a female tendency," she says. "I take more time for myself; that's a very big part of mental, emotional and physical health."

Twain claims that she is "not naturally a spotlight person" but doesn't mind being the center of attention in a comfortable environment.

The five-time Grammy award-winning singer has been known to feel uneasy about her role as a sex symbol and has repeatedly stated that "it is the music that will last forever, not an image."

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7009220233
Old 11-20-2007, 08:14 PM
Board Administrator

I think in Shania's case it will be both that live forever, just like Patsy Cline's image, and Dolly Parton.

I will have to check out People Magazine to see if she is in it as well.

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain

Last edited by cbspock : 11-20-2007 at 09:25 PM.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:52 PM

Now you can read the article online:
http://www.redbookmag.com/your/cele...es/shania-twain
Old 11-21-2007, 12:16 PM

Most people have already seen the scanned articles on the different sites. I agree with Cbspock, Shania's music will be around for a very long time. This is why she takes a huge gap in between albums to write really great songs that are meaningful.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:18 PM
Board Administrator

Shania has already made a couple of footprints in country music history that they won't be able to take away from her.

-Chris

Old 11-21-2007, 12:24 PM

That's for sure, she has the 6th biggest selling album in chart history.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:44 PM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

I've already read it online, but I have also bought it. I find it to be very enlightening. I find her very candid about things. She talks openly and isn't in the least using canned phrases like many stars do.

Steve
Old 11-21-2007, 06:07 PM
Board Administrator

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps...STS18/711210472

She's (coming) back

Angie Fenton

» View previous columns

Compiled by Angie Fenton
afenton@courier-journal.com
The Courier-Journal

Shania Twain is stepping back into the spotlight after spending much time soul searching and trying to get a handle on fame.

"I struggled a lot internally with my fame, and coping with it has been very difficult," Twain tells Redbook in its latest issue. "I was at the point where I would never look anyone in the eye. It was like living in prison."

The 42-year-old country singer's third album, "Come on Over," is the best-selling album by a female artist.

But Twain still struggles with success.

"It's a very strange paradox: I don't really want to share all my dirt with people, yet I want to be real. I want to be successful, but I don't really have what it takes to do it comfortably," she says.

---

-Chris

Old 11-21-2007, 06:11 PM

Thanks for posting. Of course, she's coming back. She just needed a break from the fame bubble for a while.

Last edited by amanda122 : 11-21-2007 at 06:14 PM.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:47 PM

Alrighty.. it was 1010pm im Wegmans Food Store, gatherin the last minute items before Gobble Gobble Day, I looked at clock when I got in line. I picked up Redbook and it was a pretty long read, but I manage to leave Wegmans about 1045, then partying with friends.. Thank God I had some read material, the line went slow and I was in a rush.. Thank You Shania! Happy Tgiving Day !!
Come on over, Come on in, Pull up a sit..........UP! UP! can only go UP! from here...... That's Me, My Life Theory!
Old 11-22-2007, 09:43 AM

What are your impressions of this answer

Are the songs you're writing for your next album more introspective than usual?
Yeah, definitely. They're about the insecurity that the spotlight highlighted for me. I found it so hard to take the criticism—not the professional criticism but the personal criticism. I don't want people to care about my horrors. It frustrates me and makes me focus on the wrong things. I want to focus on my songs. So I struggle with that, and I'm just getting to the point now where I can honestly say, "I either get comfortable in my own skin, or I quit this industry."
Old 11-22-2007, 09:44 AM

BTW there is a BONUS Pic on Page 31...
Old 11-22-2007, 10:09 AM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sas
BTW there is a BONUS Pic on Page 31...

Scared me, thought I missed scanning one. It is the ad

-Chris

Old 11-22-2007, 03:43 PM

Behind the Scenes with Shania Twain

Sweet, energetic, and flexible—those are the words our editors used to describe Shania Twain after this month’s cover shoot. Here, more scoop from that day.

REDBOOK art director, Emily Furlani, talked food, fitness, and family with Shania during a break in shooting. “Shania is super in to taking care of her body,” said Emily. “She mentioned she’d been on a raw food diet for a year and said she’d started the diet ‘for the discipline’—that was pretty impressive.” The conversation then moved to children. “We shared this mom moment of discussing how tough it is to manage our kid’s dietary restrictions—my daughter is allergic to egg and her son is only eating raw foods, which means no egg. It’s hard to manage when the kids are at school,” said Emily.

http://www.redbookmag.com/your/cele.../shania-twain-5

Last edited by amanda122 : 11-22-2007 at 04:49 PM.
Post New Thread Reply