Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > Shania in the news
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 05-02-2011, 06:31 PM
Administrator

There is a short video preview of the Oprah episode:
http://www.oprah.com/showinfo/Back-...st-TV-Interview

The preview seems to be very gloomy.....dramatic.....a sad episode...
Old 05-02-2011, 08:54 PM

that is amazing and Shania looks great!!

Al
Old 05-02-2011, 10:53 PM
From This Moment On!

Send a message via AIM to Mary R Send a message via MSN to Mary R Send a message via Yahoo to Mary R
I'm excited, can't wait till 4:00. Best make sure my DVD recorder is in
working order!

Mary R
Old 05-03-2011, 06:25 AM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

We are taking our daughter back to Portland today to fly back to Florida, so must set the DVR.

Steve
Old 05-03-2011, 12:12 PM
Administrator

I'll be online to do a play by play narration of the Oprah appearance....
Old 05-03-2011, 01:06 PM
Administrator

http://www.cmt.com/news/news-in-bri...oes-on-tv.jhtml

During the hour-long Oprah episode, Twain surprised the studio audience with two-day passes to the 2011 CMA Music Festival and accommodations at the Gaylord Opryland Resort in Nashville (June 9-10). Additionally, she will host a private brunch for all of the audience members when they visit Nashville in June.

So may be she will be there too..?
Old 05-03-2011, 02:37 PM
Board Administrator

She is going to be attending this CMA Music Festival. Looks like Shania is going back to the beginning. Just saw the press release on Facebook.

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 05-03-2011, 03:03 PM
Administrator

It just started...video of Shania's career...with Mutt's face blurred... Super career....COO...in 2002 Shania walked away from it all in Switzerland...6 years later heartbreak...affair with closest friend....putting it all out with interview and book....
Please welcome Shania Twain! Big Hug with Oprah and almost a few tears there from Shania...

Oprah says you smell so good!
Old 05-03-2011, 03:05 PM
Administrator

Plug for the OWN series...Oprah was reading book last night realized shania spent her life repressing things....the affair was the trigger for her because she needed to wake up, her mother died at 42 so she realized her voice was going out....Shania is speaking a lot, very fast trying to say everything at once!
Old 05-03-2011, 03:11 PM
Administrator

Another plug for the docuseries....Shania is already emotional...now video of Shania in Timmins going back to her original home there with Carrie-Ann, showing the family bedroom (I can't believe they let her in!) Carrie-Ann speaking too about her life...abuse from her step-father, Carrie-Ann's feelings about her mother being beaten, the house was shaking and pounding....

Parents died in 1987, younger brother survived, Carrie-Ann cries, Shania tried not to. All her life Shania suppressed her emotions.

Oprah asks about the ability to forgive the violence, accepting the violence in these situations.....Oprah talking about the image of abuse impressed in your mind as a child. Shania thought her mother died at her moment.

Shania says she loved her parents, her father who gave them so much. He was a great guy, everbody loved him....commercial....next the high price of fame.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:19 PM
Administrator

In 2002 she was on top of the world, but she left it all.....some new photos of Shania and Eja shown.....

About the docuseries, Shania going to Nashville to have her vocal cords checked, visit with the doctor: name of a medical illness about the muscles in your throat that close down, preventing you from singing....

Oprah asks: will you ever sing in public again? Shania wants to, she cannot imagine not doing it any more....

Original dream of being a background singer only, coming from Timmins, you learn to be realistic...

Oprah about women losing themselves to regain their soul...shania is really talking a lot and fast....! Shania was "broken open"

Next Oprah on Ann-Marie....!
Old 05-03-2011, 03:28 PM
Administrator

Again another photo of shania and Mutt, with Mutt's face blurred.....both Shania and Mutt were workholic, Shania was lonely....Photo of Shania and Marie-Ann, with Marie-ann's face blurred....Fred talks about his ex-wife, Shania says she asked Marie-Ann about whether Mutt was being strange, Marie-Ann says no..! Fred told Marie-Ann and Mutt that they had to tell Shania about the affair...!

Shania crushed down and was miserable....Oprah said Shania was ready to die when found out about affair...... Shania says she was angry she came a long way from where she was....shania reads from p. 354 in book, she was shaking, she was very cold after the betrayal, physically and emotionally. Shania could not get out of bed, but she had to, due to Eja going to school.

Shania wanted to hear the details, to maybe help her....it was hard at the moment, but was able to go through it, even if her imagination was going wild at the beginning, it was better to know it all. Shania never got the details. She called Marie-Ann and no details from her.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:38 PM
Administrator

Mutt and Marie-Ann never admitted adultery. Shania reads the letter she wrote to Marie-Ann asking her to leave Mutt (it's in the book). asking for peace....Oprah says this letter will help many women not to do it! LOL! not to send this letter to your husband's lover....no begging for women....
Oprah thinks Shania is not holding Mutt as responsible for the breakup, Shania says she considers herself responsible in part for the break in communication with Mutt. Shania could have accepted the end of her marriage,, but not the way it did....Shania figured mentally she would never sing again, because she also lost her co-writer and producer....he was the only person to work with in 14 years. Oprah says she contacted Mutt, but he declined to come or comment.

shania says she does see Mutt who is a private man. Shania avoids seeing Marie-Ann at all costs. Shania has an agreement with Mutt that Eja will never be a part of Marie-Ann's life! Shania did not want her child exposed to Marie-Ann who took away her family's happiness.

Next: Shania's new husband, it's twisted.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:39 PM
Administrator

So far, quite an episode! Shania on the attack!
Old 05-03-2011, 03:46 PM
Administrator

Shania turns to Fred, videos of Shania and Fred at home...Fred was safe...they shared pain. It was beautifully twisted. Shania cannot complain: she has a beautiful man. fred says Shania is a true engine?

Oprah what did you think? Can I go there?
Shania: she had a distant friendship with friend initially, she was friend with Marie-Ann.
Question to Fred: were you shocked about your wife's betrayal?
Fred: yes.....

Oprah joking about Shania's concern of men not wanting her after divorce....Shania says feeling rejected it is natural....something is wrong with you if your husband does not love you.

Shania says bad things need to happen to give you perspective. Oprah: Every death is a wake up call to live more presently.

Next: Shania sings karaoke with one of great fans. This looks painful...LOL!