Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > Shania in the news
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 06-09-2016, 05:03 PM

Hello fellow Twainers! Remember me? I have been in this forum for more then a decade I think. CBSPOCK you've been a solid trusting source of news and posting. I am back because I am read the writing on the wall.

For so many years I have been asking the same questions and I see we have a new fan CODYJ100. Welcome and come on over come on in and things can only go up from here being a part of this fabulous family here!

The vibe, the energy, the gut feelings, the thoughts, the heart aches and let downs are the reason why I have left for so long. Its like she is taking us on ride that I know in her car she is the driver hahaha. Now feeling like this fabulous fan lets put all our minds together to rock this country and the fan in me needs the fan in you hahaha.

Already I am going to ask and request we think this through, way out the options, travel down all the roads that new material is coming and when. Carrie, Taylor and other country queens have been carrying the torch Shania started many many moons ago. Nick Jonas came out for his love and admiration of her plus if Shania was not around we would not be able to "Shake It Off" or know when he cheats.

Lets begin the roadmap CBSPOCK can put one together and make it a jpg you can post here so we can follow it or any other fan. I wanted to go to Chicago when her UP concert was on NBC and this fan club met. I know many went to Vegas but I have been busy with family, relationship, health issues, community projects and being the proud gay man I am. I wish I can afford some off the new things that came out in the past 5 years.

So lets road map this together. What are you thoughts? Can we put together a well thought out road map? Happy Pride!
Come on over, Come on in, Pull up a sit..........UP! UP! can only go UP! from here...... That's Me, My Life Theory!
Old 06-12-2016, 05:44 PM
Board Administrator

Did you see the latest news Shania has been posting on her FB page? She was off to Nashville

-Setting out to pay my second home a visit... On the way to Nashville! -Shania

Someone else found out she was visiting a studio in Nashville....

This is why Shania was in Nashville 👏👏 Shania Twain was at Beaird Music Group's recording studio yesterday with @tronian in Nashville

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 06-12-2016, 08:44 PM
Fan Since 1998

There were also a string of other pictures of her and the musicians in the studio, however, they were removed from the musicians' respective Twitter and Instagram accounts. I'm wondering if Shania found out about them and had them removed.
Old 06-13-2016, 12:12 PM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

Got this from Tommy's Site

Steve

Old 06-13-2016, 07:20 PM
Board Administrator

They are all over Facebook too

-Chris

Old 06-29-2016, 01:20 PM

Aw many of us may have seen on Shania's Site:
Making amazing progress on the new album... the songs are flowing!

I for one hope this means soon!

I see a bass standing up in back. Wonder if it is her's? Never seen her use one.

Steve

Last edited by Steve F : 06-29-2016 at 01:23 PM.
Old 06-30-2016, 06:46 PM
Board Administrator

Saw this.....

UPDATE: Shania Twain has recorded new music with Jake Gosling and Chris Leonard. The songwriting and production duo are known for their works with Ed Sheeran (“Lego House”), James Bay (“Incomplete”), Hilary Duff (“Tattoo”), Jake Isaac (“Where We Belong”) and Nina Nesbitt (“18 Candles”). Fans of Gosling’s and Leonard’s work should also keep an eye on the next projects by Shawn Mendes [Island Records], Ella Henderson [Syco Music] and LeAnn Rimes [RCA Label Group UK]. Twain, on the other hand, is expected to release her fifth studio collection later this year through Capitol Records Nashville.

Old 06-30-2016, 07:24 PM
Fan Since 1998

There's a tweet from one of the producers too:

"Album sounding Sick @Shania Twain"

https://twitter.com/JakeGosling/sta...242337311166464

A radio friend confirmed the blog is a real, legitimate blog...the only thing that has me a bit confused is the mention of Capitol Nashville instead of Mercury. I know they are under the same umbrella, and UMG has been doing roster shifting, but nothing has been announced. Then again, nothing has been announced...period. Capitol does seem to be stacked with a strong promotion team and they seem to really work hard at promoting everything they put out. I'm not saying the others don't, Capitol just seems to accelerate in the promotion department.

The producer Jake Gosling, also runs a management company. Shania could be signed with him. Just a wild guess.
Old 07-01-2016, 02:09 PM
Fan Since 1998

So, it looks like UMG Nashville IS moving Shania to the Capitol Imprint. Someone who is very knowledgeable about the industry, just explained that UMG is trying to even out the number of artists on each imprint.
Old 07-01-2016, 02:17 PM
Board Administrator

Is that a good thing for Shania?

-Chris

Old 07-01-2016, 04:04 PM
#1 Shania Fan :)

I prefer Capitol to Mercury. I think she will get better promotion.
Old 07-01-2016, 07:25 PM
Fan Since 1998

Here's the way I see it. I was informed by the same person that none of the imprints are actually labels, they are just promotion teams, with a select number of artists. Which, when I think about it, makes sense.

Comparing the two:

Capitol: Promotes their artists and projects at a larger scale. They may push Shania to do a lot of release week promotion that includes several performances. They also put a lot of energy into individual singles. They've got a lot of flourishing country acts there and are definitely the more prominent imprint when looking at the whole UMGN umbrella. I honestly can't see Capitol promoting any of their projects to a small scale, unless it was a small project. And, this is no small project. Capitol would mean, the same big wigs would oversee Shania, but I believe she would move into a new "family" so to speak. New label, new producers, new management, new start for the next chapter.

Mercury: They would promote the album at a much smaller scale, in my opinion possibly not requiring a larger promotional tour or chain of performances to back the release. Now, I could be wrong but I think Luke Lewis is still strictly affiliated with Mercury so if UMGN shifted Shania to Capitol it could mean goodbye to Luke, who really stuck up for Shania.

A label shift is not always an artist's decision, especially if the whole is doing it pretty consistently as of late.

Last edited by codyj100 : 07-01-2016 at 08:12 PM.
Old 07-01-2016, 10:50 PM

My Thoughts!

The torch from Dolly and Lynn will be given to Shania...

The change of record company is simple. Because of the pressure of US fans to bring out new a material. She said she is retiring from a tour but I highly do not think so. She will be just like Cher in that way! The legend lives on! She will also capture a lof of fans like Madonna because she was the only country artist at the EDM Winter Music Fest which means the LGBT community like me would love the club remixes and anthems to sing our hearts out and to dance too like her anthem and my coming out anthem MIFLAW!

She released "Today Is Your Day" and "Endless Love" as singles to remain current and to remain the Queen. She had a Vegas residency to keep her family together and to begin this new chapter. She is 50 now and has 20 years to keep us entertained, to keep us fans happy and to remain powerful in the music industry. She had a tour to keep the fan base still there. She was under a lot of pressure but now she got what is takes to move forward.

She has done this before and I do remember some November release dates with UP and COO I think. She loves releasing them around the holiday season. Now she can also work with Hollywood with the The Golden Globes and The Oscars to seal the deal she is just an icon in her own right like her idol Dolly. She can be our Dolly in that accepts of doing some acting possibly since she will be out promoting, singing and interacting with her other family the fans. She has done enough research to build her empire and to build the hugest comeback on music history possibly to date. Taylor, Carrie, Reba are carrying the torch nicely for her plus Dolly too but she will come back burning brighter, longer and more!

What do you think?
Come on over, Come on in, Pull up a sit..........UP! UP! can only go UP! from here...... That's Me, My Life Theory!
Old 07-02-2016, 08:48 AM

Thanks for the info. I have always liked Capitol better than Mercury, although apparently they are, as was pointed out "under the same umbrella". I just hope something comes out sometime soon.

Steve
Old 07-04-2016, 11:14 AM
Board Administrator

Happy 4th of July! Celebrate where you can... Even at work!- Shania

Post New Thread Reply