Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > World Tour and Las Vegas Residency 2019-20
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 08-02-2015, 11:08 PM
Administrator

Nashville Concert Review

http://www.billboard.com/articles/r...ert-live-review

Shania Twain Proves That She’s Still Got It at Nashville Concert: Live Review
By Chuck Dauphin, Nashville | August 01, 2015 3:41 PM EDT

Friday, July 31 / Bridgestone Arena in Nashville

When Shania Twain announced plans for a tour in March, there had to have been a few skeptics. I will admit -- I was one of them. After all, it had been more than a decade since she had been on tour, and one had to wonder about the relevance of her music on a 2015 crowd. However, just as she has done her entire life and career, the singer continues to prove those doubters wrong.

Shania Twain's Farewell Tour Launches With Sell-Out Shows

Indeed, her Rock This Country tour stop at Bridgestone Arena in Nashville Friday night (July 31) proved that whatever "it" is, the songstress still has it -- in massive quantities. For close to two hours, Twain held the Music City audience in the palm of her hand with a set that reminded fans of just how cutting-edge her music in the 1990s and early 2000s was -- yet, ironically, with guitars tuned up with twang-filled sounds and not one but two fiddle players backing up the 1999 CMA Entertainer of the Year, her show was by far the "countriest" moment that the arena has seen lately.

Kicking off with the tour's title track, fans started singing along word for word with Twain and continued for the rest of the night. Energy was the name of the game for the evening, and Twain was -- to quote her 1995 hit "Any Man of Mine" -- very much prone to "shimmy and shake and make the earth quake" throughout the night. From the opening number, Twain continued with classics like "Honey, I'm Home," "You Win My Love" and the song that got it started for her -- "Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under?" which received one of the strongest responses of the show.

Shania Twain Says Final Tour Doesn't Equal Retirement: 'I Will Be Doing Music Until I Die'

Twain chose to get up close and personal with the audience on the afore-mentioned "Any Man of Mine," being pushed along on a platform around the sold-out crowd to shake hands with the audience. She also gave one fan named Terese a birthday to remember by singing "Happy Birthday" to her. Gavin DeGraw -- who delivered an exciting opening set -- gave a likewise energetic performance while filling in for Billy Currington on "Party For Two."

Slowing it down just a little, the singer sat down on a stool and brought out the guitar for "No One Needs To Know," "You're Still The One" and "Today Is Your Day," which was equally a highlight.

As the evening headed toward its crescendo, Twain kept the momentum going with a sexy romp through "That Don't Impress Me Much" and "(If You're Not In It For Love) I'm Outta Here," which seemed to keep fans of both genders on their feet. Exiting the stage after the latter, she returned for one more song -- "Man, I Feel Like A Woman" before the night was over.

To be honest, the only complaint that one could have about Twain's performance was that it had to come to an end. As the old show business adage says, "Leave them wanting more." And surely that's what Twain did in Nashville Friday night.

Though it's been a few years, between the vocals, the swagger and confidence, the crowd response to her and her music -- it might as well have been 1999 all over again!

Shania Twain's Nashville set list:

"Rock This Country"

"Honey, I'm Home"

"You Win My Love"

"Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under?"

"I Ain't No Quitter"

"Love Gets Me Every Time"

"Don't Be Stupid"

"Any Man Of Mine"

"I'm Gonna Getcha Good!"

"Come On Over"

"Party For Two"