Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[] Still the One in Vegas!
[] Shania on Spanish TV
[] Shania on French TV
[] Shania in TIME!
[] Shania on Today Show
[] Shania at Grey Cup
[] Shania on Late Show
[] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[]Chatroom
[] Board Members Pics
[] Timmins Trip Photos!
[] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > North American Summer Tour 2018!
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 02-14-2004, 06:43 PM
Come on England!

Advice needed about a concert problem....

We (UK fans) just heard that at the Newcastle concert tonight fans with front row seats were moved back to row 6 so 5 extra rows could be added.

I can't confirm it, but apparantly these were for sponsors and promotors. There are some pretty upset fans, and it will happen again at the March concert. Obviously this is utterly unfair after fans paid for dream tickets and promised friends and family that they would be at the front at a Shania concert. I'm sure Shania wouldn't allow this to happen, putting fans second to corporate people, so I'm guessing she doesn't know.

Needless to say that those of us affected are very upset, and we are already trying to contact ticketmaster, Newcastle Arena etc to sort this out.

If anyone can offer any advice or give any contacts we would appreciate it.....Anyone know how to contact the tour manager or Shania's management?

Thanks

Paul
Old 02-14-2004, 06:47 PM
Board Administrator

Sounds more like an issue with the arena than Shania's people. It really bites when an arena does that. If you get a large group of people together that are affected, I would seek out the arena management.

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 02-14-2004, 07:03 PM
Come on England!

Thanks Chris....obviously this is really unfair and now the Newcastle fans are on their way back from tonights concert they are also going to the other one and very concerned.....

Theres no way they can get away with this. We'll keep at them until we get our way!!!

Paul
Old 02-14-2004, 07:15 PM
cross-stitching nut

This is somewhat like what NBC did at the outdoor Shania Up concert in Chicago. We were like the 10th person or so in line for about 12 hours. Then NBC went through the line and picked out the "pretty" people and/or couples from anywhere in the line and took them to a different entrance and let them in the park first. They had them line Up in the very front so that when the NBC cameras scanned the audience they saw all these "pretty" people. It didn't matter how early you got there or how long you waited - o be in the front row you had to be considered "pretty" by NBC. Not a very fare practice in either case.

"Find Your Self Esteem And Be Forever Free To Dream" - Shania Twain
Old 02-14-2004, 07:21 PM
Come on England!

No way!!!

That's terrible!!! I hate the way TV people manipulate things. I was at a TV taping when UP! first came out (just before its release) and the TV people were dreadful.

We were constantly being shifted around and you were so scared that you would be thrown out if you didn't make enough noise or move around enough. Its so false.

With this Newcastle problem we are allocated seats which we have paid for too. So its probably illegal to change the seats anyway....when you pay you are told which seats you will have and then you agree to pay.

Paul
Old 02-14-2004, 07:34 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Debbie
This is somewhat like what NBC did at the outdoor Shania Up concert in Chicago. We were like the 10th person or so in line for about 12 hours. Then NBC went through the line and picked out the "pretty" people and/or couples from anywhere in the line and took them to a different entrance and let them in the park first. They had them line Up in the very front so that when the NBC cameras scanned the audience they saw all these "pretty" people. It didn't matter how early you got there or how long you waited - o be in the front row you had to be considered "pretty" by NBC. Not a very fare practice in either case.

Really didn't matter anyway, we got to the front

-Chris

Old 02-14-2004, 07:35 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul
No way!!!

With this Newcastle problem we are allocated seats which we have paid for too. So its probably illegal to change the seats anyway....when you pay you are told which seats you will have and then you agree to pay.

Paul

Unless they put a disclaimer on their tickets

-Chris

Old 02-15-2004, 05:52 AM

Yes, I was stunned when I got a phone message from friends attending the show that their 1st and 2nd row were suddenly turned into 5th and 6th row. I was sure they could not do such a thing

And it seems Newcastle arena will do the same for the second concert. Hopefully the fans going to the second concert get the arena personnel to change their minds.

Something like this should not happen!!
Old 02-16-2004, 08:34 AM
Administrator

Yep, I saw that too in Newcastle..but for instance in my section what they did was to add two individual chairs at the end of the rows...which was not that better either because people from the sides of the arena could not see directly the stage ...I got the feeling they messed up with the tickets sold...there were ushers discussing the number of seats..they seemed to have double tickets for some seats... so the way they solved the problem, they added extra individual chairs at the end of the rows...I was luckily on the aisle, and I was able to go up and down the aisle to the stage from row 5th...but I agree that you could try to contact the arena directly..they are the ones elling the seats, in charge of determining where the additional seats go...
Old 02-16-2004, 08:54 AM
Come on England!

I called the Newcastle arena and they confirmed it would happen again!!!

So anyway, the box office seemed to be pretty well, er, stupid to be honest!!! I asked the girl if it was for promotors or fans and she said fans!!!! So why the "new" fans aren't added to the back I don't know. A new thing, maybe, last come first served.....

So then she said "But it's OK, there are still plenty of tickets left!" what does this mean? I'm lost!!!

Then she asked me my seat numbers, and she said "Oh, you'll be OK they are in the middle of the row...." So I asked about the other fans that will be "not in the middle" and she said if you go on the website you can see exactly where your seat is, so I did this and all it shows is a seating plan, just like when you book the tickets. She made out that you type in your ticket number and it tells you if you have been moved.

So anyone who wants to find out about THEIR seats should call the arena on 0191 260 5000 and ask to speak to the box office.

Be warned - they are not the brightest people, I've spoken to 5 year olds with more intelligence.

Anyway having being reassurred that my seats have a PERFECT view and there are no seats in front of mine for some reason (how, I don't know if 5 rows have been added) if I turn up on March 11th and find myself 5 rows back there will be hell to pay!!!

Good luck to others who try to complain!!! I'm guessing Shania would be furious if she knew, so I might try to sneak a note to the stage crew to pass on to the tour management tomorrow so they can give Newcastle Arena a warning.

Paul
Old 02-17-2004, 05:20 AM
Administrator

They did not add any additional rows last night at Wembley, but they added a barrier along the wide side of the oval stage...
Old 02-17-2004, 07:02 AM
Man! I Feel Like A Woman

Re: Advice needed about a concert problem....

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Paul
[B]We (UK fans) just heard that at the Newcastle concert tonight fans with front row seats were moved back to row 6 so 5 extra rows could be added.

That happened to me!

It was'nt very fair on us fans who had our heart set on front row!!

Who can we contact?

Joeleen
It only hurts when I'm breathing!
Old 02-17-2004, 08:26 AM

I that happened to us to we were in same section just row behind Joeleen and they jammed more seat's in. I know someone who work's at SECC in Glasgow, they told me this is not right, that you should get the seat's you booked for and should complain. They also said this would not be happening for the Glasgow gig's.
Old 02-17-2004, 10:57 AM

Well, we can all see that it is definately not right. They sold a front rows seat as front row seat, and then turned it into a 5th row seat.

Fortunately Magnus & Per who should have had 1st and 2nd row seats and then they turned out to be 5th and 6th row.. they had AWESOME, nice people, who agreed to switch seats with them, so both were able to sit on an aisle seat, to access the stage. Those people were so nice!!!!! A big thumbs up for them!
Old 02-18-2004, 05:32 PM
Come on England!

Contact the arena to complain.....apparantly its for fans, not promotors so why they are not added to the rear I don't know....

Paul
Post New Thread Reply