Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > The Former Shania Centre in Timmins
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 11-13-2004, 11:22 AM
tower

Tom returns to Timmins 12/11/2004

Not quite the media interest as my 23 hour journey consising of 2 train and 3 plane journey's ended at Timmins Airport 11:50pm where despite the cold -12 deg C and the slight covering of snow the welcome was as warm as always.

You never wait long for your bags as that is the last flight of the night and the Airport staff are keen to close up and go home, and with further snow forecast overnight an added incentive to hit the road early.

Then the Taxi and the Timmins majic as 11 of us share the one mini bus, chatting away like we had all known each other for years. I was the second drop and only paid 9 dollars for a fare that normally is at least 18, more Timmins magic for sure.

Then home and open the door, house nice and warm as Richard had left the heaters on at my bidding. Funny thing after 24 hours on the go with very little sleep, I was so excited I had to go into the living room and look around and WOW, my large dining table was more like a display at the STC.

Richard Sir you out did yourself with every bit of print worth reading spread out all over the table, his poster and a giant Shania advertising the GH album spread out too on the floor along with a huge bowl of fresh fruit and a giant bag of peanuts.

So I had to read EVERY item, LOOK at every picture, marvel at the special coin and read Richards original email posted else where on this site.

So I am here in Timmins Web with Timmins4ever (Chris) and his Mom and home at last, none of the fuss that Shania endured and thankful for that. More soon.

Tom in Timmins
Old 11-13-2004, 11:00 PM

Glad you made it home safe and sound, Tom. )

Fancon 3 was a blast! Thanks to all who made it so, including all my new Shania friends.

Shania Twain Centre.
Old 11-13-2004, 11:13 PM

Welcome back Tom!
Old 11-13-2004, 11:43 PM

I walked into the store tonight and Timminsforever (Chris) was passed out cold in one of our chairs () What did ya do to him Tom???

Glad to have you home.
Old 11-14-2004, 07:00 AM

Send a message via AIM to resessions
Welcome Home Tom !!! I put the Front page portion of the Nov. 3rd Timmins Newspaper in the mail to you at the beginning of this week so you should be getting that in your post box any day now....Has a beautiful cover on page one of Shania.. Very beautiful...But prepare yourself for page three...My ugly mug is there.

Glad to see you made it home safelyTom.... Head on up to the STC and visit it for us.....you will see one new addition in the displays...you know that very large poster that is in a case and drapped with two British flags? I think it was donated by Grace with all of the bands signatures on it..... well Tracy was able to open up that case during a certain someones visit and now there is one more magificent signature on it ....makes it complete...sort of like when we were able to get her signature on the first year fan/con T-shirt. Very cool.

Maybe I'll have to make a long week-end out of it sometime and give Chris a break...from the sound of Terri's description you're already wearing him out and it's not even been 24 hours yet....
Old 11-14-2004, 09:51 AM

Send a message via MSN to chicker
Glad your finaly home Tom.......

Now I am so jealous after a very short stay in your new hometown I can't wait to get back there myself, you certainly have picked the best place on earth to settle.

I don't envy you the job or sorting through all your mail and news though

Best you put that kettle on and shut yourself away for ohh i dunno, a week at least
Make all our hearts blind to colors
Old 11-15-2004, 05:38 PM
tower

Quote:
Originally posted by ladytech
I walked into the store tonight and Timminsforever (Chris) was passed out cold in one of our chairs () What did ya do to him Tom???

Glad to have you home.

Sorry Teri, I guess I broke him! Silly young lad, tried to keep pace with my Alcohol intake... Oh well he has to learn one way or the other.

Thank you everyone for the warm posts, here is a little something for you all to share:

I visited the STC for the first time today, Monday since my return to Timmins to invite all the staff to lunch tommorow and thank them on all our behalf for the excellent work they put in making sure both Shania and us fans had the best time ever.

WOW I have NEVER seen the centre looking so nice, Tracy gave me a one to one "special tour" stopping at each item telling me how it was with Shania and the film crew, sorry but can not say much about that on line as it would spoil the TV special for you all.

As always when I am away from the centre for more than a few months, I got that warm glow inside that being surrounded by Shania brings to us all and spent too much (again) in the Gift shop. Between Richard's (AKA the Shadow dancer) special welcome home spread in my living room and the delights of seeing how extra special the Centre was looking today, I am just so pleased to be back with the people of Timmins.

For anyone in any doubt the pain and expense of travelling to Timmins from anywhere in this World of ours is worth it. Hope to see you all again for Fan Convention number 3 soon!
Post New Thread Reply