Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > The Former Shania Centre in Timmins
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 11-05-2004, 03:22 PM

Send a message via AIM to resessions
Quote:
Originally posted by SteveRedwing19
,, it really helpd to have that live music
trying to break the cold,

A love for Shania and everything that goes with her is something we all have in common,, like my Buddie Ted says "ain't life grand!!"

Steve,

I watched you from the crowd and I could tell you were having a really tough time with the weather temperature...However you did not even once complain. I was sooooo impressed with you or altering a line from one of Shania's Songs.... "That did Impress me much !!!!" She would be extremely proud to have you as a fan.

And those three words you quoted from Ted proves that he "Gets it". Celebration of life in it's many forms is what it's all about. The key word there being "Life". I'm positive that when my pictures are developed the only ones I'll have are of with the people I associated with......(I think I did take one picture of the T-shirt I donated) but other than that it's the memory of all of you that I want to remember. I didn't take a single picture of Shania. When she spoke I simply wanted to enjoy every moment of it. We weren't disappointed either. We knew what she would say; we just didn't know how she would say it. And when asked what she had to say specifically about the center she said she wouldn't change a thing, which is exactly how I would describe my feelings about her statements. It was a fantastic event and for the rest of our life we will be able to say we were there.

One newspaper reporter asked me about the snow on Nov. 2nd and was looking for some sort of statement of regret from me. The answer I gave him probably never made the paper but this is basically what I said to him:

"You know it snowed on July 1st 2001 here in Timmins on the day they first opened the centre. But the symbolic message of the snow should not be overlooked. Alot of good things can happen in the shadow of difficulty. Shania can personally attest to that. When we look past the difficulty in the midst of our problem, we can see things that really make life worthwhile. Today is a day of celebration. A celebratoin of good things. No amount of snow will take that away from us today. Today is a great day,"
Old 11-06-2004, 03:36 AM
...one Freaky Finn...

Quote:
Originally posted by dax

You think maybe shania got some ideas for her next video from looking at my cartoons?Maybe the next one will have a Back to the future theme

...I just wonder if Shania - being quite a workaholic - would agree to give up on doing around-the-clock videoshoots..!

...but I too like that idea: C'est La Vie

Quote:
Originally posted by cbspock

It is definitely the people that make the whole "Shania experience" totally worth the trip to Timmins.

Exactly. It's the fans who make it complete. Without the fans, there would not be a Shania... we had a great time at FanCon2 in Timmins & FanCon3 I believe will be even bigger, better & beautiful..!

Quote:
Originally posted by Alanb
Timmins Fiddlers - Gabrielle Desmarais, Adrianna Ciccone,
Anna Gosselin, Amy-Jo McAuley, Zack Lim, Erin Hapamiki, Paul Hapamaki and Tony Ciccone (teacher) with native drummers Alice and Amanda.

Thanks again Alan for all the pics..!

They really make up a lot for not being able to be there..!

btw - those two names: Erin Hapamiki, Paul Hapamaki

...would their last names happen to be Haapamaki..?

...it's Finnish: Haapamäki

...it has been a pleasant surprise to find so many Finns in Timmins, it's something rather special for us...

Quote:
Originally posted by resessions

"You know it snowed on July 1st 2001 here in Timmins on the day they first opened the centre. But the symbolic message of the snow should not be overlooked. Alot of good things can happen in the shadow of difficulty. Shania can personally attest to that. When we look past the difficulty in the midst of our problem, we can see things that really make life worthwhile. Today is a day of celebration. A celebratoin of good things. No amount of snow will take that away from us today. Today is a great day,"

Richard... are you trying to make a grown man cry..?

John -
Old 11-06-2004, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by FinnFreak

btw - those two names: Erin Hapamiki, Paul Hapamaki

...would their last names happen to be Haapamaki..?

...it's Finnish: Haapamäki

John,

I'm not really sure about the spelling of the names. That would be a Ren question, as he's the one who provided the names to me.

Fancon 3 was a blast! Thanks to all who made it so, including all my new Shania friends.

Shania Twain Centre.
Old 11-06-2004, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by resessions

Actually the STC opened on June 30, 2001 not July 1, 2001. The day of the opening it was overcast and not bad, we had T-shirts on. It was the next day when we were given a tour of the city that it snowed and we froze our butts off!!
Old 11-06-2004, 07:33 AM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Tee
Actually the STC opened on June 30, 2001 not July 1, 2001. The day of the opening it was overcast and not bad, we had T-shirts on. It was the next day when we were given a tour of the city that it snowed and we froze our butts off!!

We sure did!

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 11-06-2004, 08:34 AM

Yes, and our informal tour guide did us a huge favor that day in the freezing cold and wind. And at her request, we've mostly kept our appreciation quiet, so she didn't have to be the target of slings and arrows from non-fans, and opponents of the STC right there in her own home town.

During the key fan events since that time, official tour guides have followed mostly the same path.

Such a volunteer as that first one, with initiative, resourcefulness and insightful contributions, should never be forgotten.
Old 11-06-2004, 08:37 AM

Send a message via MSN to chicker
Sorry it had taken so long for me to post I am still not back in full swing yet as have not stopped since landing at Heathrow on Thursday LOL

Just wanted to say what an amazing time i had in Timmins and Toronto and so sorry that I did not get the chance to meet the board members properly - although i did get a GREAT big warn hug from Richard Sessions at the STC (thanks Richard) who also very kindly gave me some raffle tickets to try and win a wrist band on the day as i did not get one on Monday (but was out by a few numbers on the tix too - thanks Richard ). I also got to say a quick Hi to Chris, nice to finaly have met you

Anyway, other than all the great events that took place place i have just gotta say how welcomed i felt in Timmins (and Canada in general) i can honestly say with hand on heart that i have never felt so thoroughly at home in another country/town as i did in Timmins and just adds more excitement and anticipation to August 2005

Oh, i did get my wristband in Toronto so did not completely miss out and made lots of new friends on the Saturday night queing outside HMV

I have not yet finished organising all my pix, but as soon as i do they will be going up for everyone

Thanks again for a great experience, hope to be able to actualy have the time/energy to meet and chat with all properly next year
Make all our hearts blind to colors
Old 11-06-2004, 10:19 AM

Well Chicker, you did at least make it to the most important part which was to see Shania on stage and officially recognize the center. It was a pleasure to meet you and I kept looking for you afterwards but assumed you had to scurry off to Toronto before making your trip back to England. It was so nice to meet you ans sorry to hear the extra raffle tickets didn't do the trick in Timmins but sounds like you must have sorted that out in Toronto. Way to go !!! See you in August !!!!
=Richard=
Old 11-06-2004, 11:27 AM

Hi everyone. I've been so busy finishing up on the lecture that I postponed until Tue that I haven't had a single moment to myself. I've been getting up at four AM just to get it ready. I wrote a personal recount of the whole experience in Timmons on the plane, but from what I've just read, everyone pretty much covered everything already. I will write more when I have more time, but I did want to thank everyone for such a great experience. I wish Chris and Alan were here to help me with this multimedia presentation. I am such a novice and they are both computer experts. I'm sure they would only take 5 minutes for every hour I spend. Richard was fun as usual, and I found out that we have something in common-we both dance with a glass of water. Of course some of you may know that I'm not speaking with Tee and Greg-they know what I'm talking about. (I hope you're still not laughing, because I am) FV is such dynamite and enjoyed singing with her for 6 1/2 hours while we religiously waited in line in the cold. I've got a little story on everyone that I'll be posting soon, but I better get back to work. Just to let some of you know, the Poster that I made which said "THANKS SHANIA FOR YOUR LIFE AND MUSIC" which I hope was signed by everyone there from the fan club was also signed by Shania herself. I gave it to Tracy with the hopes that she can use it in the fan section of the STC. Maybe we could laminate it first. Practice your pushups. The record stands at 25.
Old 11-06-2004, 01:48 PM
Board Administrator

Tracy and Shania at the entrance to the display area....

pic from STC site.

Shania takes the stage....

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 11-06-2004, 02:17 PM
Forever Young

Wow!!! So much much to read and see!!!

It's great to finally see what everyone's up to.

And the pictures...wow...they're great!!! Props to Alan and Tee for capturing such great moments.

To everyone that didn't go I hope that you'll get a chance someday to visit Timmins because the people there are absolutely terrific.

I had such a great time even with such wintery weather.

Looking forward to meeting everyone again, hopefully when the weather's warmer.

Allison
Old 11-06-2004, 02:32 PM
Forever Young

Aww Dennis, I hope you're still not upset with Tee and Greg.

Trust me they didn't mean to embarrass you...but you have to admit it was funny.

No wait, it was hilarious.

But honestly it was all in good fun. Something that we'll all remember for years to come.

Allison

Last edited by Allison : 11-06-2004 at 02:38 PM.
Old 11-06-2004, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Allison
Aww Dennis, I hope you're still not upset with Tee and Greg.

Trust me they didn't mean to embarrass you...but you have to admit it was funny.

No wait, it was hilarious.

But honestly it was all in good fun. Something that we'll all remember for years to come.

Allison

I don't think hilarious would even describe it Allison, I'm still laughing as I'm sure you are too!!!

Allison, by the way, Greg and I were very pleased to have met you. You can stick with us anytime!!!
Old 11-06-2004, 04:18 PM

Good to see that Dennis and Allison have finally caught up to us....I must have missed it the whole Dennis getting embarrassed by something with Greg and Tee.....somebody PM me....Curious minds wanna know..... Dennis, Thanks for letting me hang out with you on Wednesday morning to watch Shania on TV. You're a pal !!!! Geez...Is it August yet !!!!??????
Old 11-07-2004, 05:56 AM

There is one thing I am wondering about...What does Mutt Lange think about the Shania Twain Centre??? I hope he approves...But we know he does not want to have anything to do with fame...But I certainly love to see Shania together with Tracy because she is such a huge fan of Shania's...I am glad to see them get together for once and to see Shania visit her hometown and support all their causes on behalf of Shania...I kind of wish though that she could have stayed longer to see everything that the STC Centre has done...They being CTV did not really give Shania the time she needed to see everything...But at least Tracy managed to highlight the main items for Shania so that she has a deeper insight to what the STC Centre has accomplished for her...It is a really terrific Centre for Shania and I am sure that Tracy said she is welcome to visit anytime...I think that one day Shania will take Eja and Mutt to see the Centre....I imagine that should really impress them as it has all us fans...The STC Centre is definately worth the long trip we all make...And each time I have come away with some great memories from Timmins Ontario in regards to the STC Centre...

Benjamin