Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Fans Area > Life, Music, etc...
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 10-04-2007, 10:20 PM
Shania Rocks This Country

Send a message via AIM to Surfette Send a message via Yahoo to Surfette
Check Out This Site I Am Singing On

Hi everyone, I just wanted to tell you about this site I am on and it's really cool so if you like to sing, go try it out and sing. I have my own profile with some songs I sang so go check them out here: Diana's SingSnap Profile
Old 10-05-2007, 11:31 AM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

Not bad Diana!

Steve
Old 10-09-2007, 05:52 AM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

As a matter of fact, I sang a song yesterday. I was in three bands many years ago. The last one was in 1968 when I got married. In fact this last band played at our reception for a reduced rate! Then my aunt who had never seen me play requested I get up there and play a couple of songs. Terry was understanding about the whole thing, but I felt a little guilty. A few months after our wedding, I quit because I felt my new wife was getting tired of going to a club every Friday and Saturday night to watch us play. She said it was okay, but I quit anyway. In those bands we played rock, blues, country, etc. At that time, I was playing my best. I had always done my share of singing.

So, a couple of the guys from my first band called "The Things" are getting together and practicing usually once a week at our former drummer's home. He called me Saturday and asked me to come over and bring my guitar and amp. He's been after me for some time now. My dad had a crisis to take care of, so I only had time for about the last hour they were there. I decided to just bring myself and listen to them to see if I really wanted to join them. After watching them for a while they took a break and said they were planning to do only old southern rock stuff like the Dooby Brothers, Eagles, etc., and maybe I could do some Beatles and Elvis stuff as well. They only want to play for weddings, parties, etc., no bars or dives. We have all been there and done that. Then they asked me to sing something. The lead player started playing a song I had worked on recently from the 60s, "Don't Let The Sun Catch You Crying" by Gerry and the Pacemakers, one of the English groups of that time. Since it was fresh in my mind and I had sung it many times, I sang it! I felt pretty good when they told me I had a nice voice. I don't think so, but if they do, great. The problem is I have so much responsibility right now that being in a band is probably wishful thinking at this point in my life.

For you though Diana, I hope you get to where you want to go.

Steve

Last edited by Steve F : 10-09-2007 at 05:55 AM.
Post New Thread Reply