Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!
Old 11-08-2007, 07:42 AM
Board Administrator

CMA Awards

So did anyone watch the show last night??? I heard it was a disaster, with the typical winners.

Kenny Chesney won EOTY, again.

Has he been touring???? He seemed to be off the radar this year.

List of winners...
http://www.cmaawards.com/2007/nomwin/default.asp

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain

Last edited by cbspock : 11-08-2007 at 08:04 AM.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:06 AM
Board Administrator

Well Carrie Underwood has more CMA Awards than Shania....

Carrie Underwood
4 Awards | 7 Nominations
Awards:

2007 - Female Vocalist of the Year
2007 - Single of the Year
"Before He Cheats" - 19 Recordings Limited/Arista
2006 - Female Vocalist of the Year
2006 - Horizon Award

Faith Hill
3 Awards | 19 Nominations
Awards:

2000 - Female Vocalist of the Year
1998 - Music Video of the Year
"This Kiss" (directed by Steven Goldmann)
1997 - Vocal Event of the Year
"It's Your Love" (Tim McGraw and Faith Hill)

Shania Twain
1 Awards | 10 Nominations
Awards:

1999 - Entertainer of the Year

What's wrong with this picture????? At least they had to give the big award to Shania.

-Chris

Old 11-08-2007, 09:02 AM

I thought it was pretty good. Taylor Swift got Horizon, well deserved. Brad got male vocalist and George got Album of the Year. Carrie got single and female vocalist. She sang well, but was all but swallowed up by this huge yellow dress. LeAnne Rimes wore some wild outfits, but she and Reba did a good job on their duet. Josh Turner was real good. Brad did "Online" with a marching band coming down the aisles. LOL!! But for me, there were two highlights: Sugarland beating Brooks & Dunn for the Duo Award. I thought Jennifer Nettles was pretty close to hysterical when their name was announced. And Kellie Pickler, stopping the show with an emotional performance of "I Wonder", that had her sobbing at the end. (She wrote it about the mother who abandoned her as an infant).

Oh, yeah, Shania made an appearance, sort of... Huge screens behind Rascal Flatts as they did the opening number. They were showing past CMA highlights and winners, and there were a couple of shots of Shania winning EOTY.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:45 AM
Board Administrator

Brooks and Dunn only lost the award twice so far...lol

-Chris

Old 11-08-2007, 12:20 PM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

I watched the first hour because there was nothing else on that interested me. Then on hour two, I checked Bionic Woman a litttle here and there. At ten, I don't CSI NY for anything, but I managed to get all of the winners and checked them off in my TV Guide.

Funny, TV Guide made their picks in this week's mag. They only got two out of five right. For Male Vocalist, they were expecting Strait to get it, but it was Brad Paisley. I kind of like Brad, and a lot more than Strait. For Female Vocalist the picked Underwood. No surprise there, she didn't really have much competition considering the others have not had much success this year in comparison. They also got Single of the Year right as well with Before He Cheats. That to me was a no-brainer. For Album of the Year, they picked Brad, so would I, but it went to Strait. Finally for EOTY they picked Brad, but Chesney got it. I like Kenny sometimes, but I don't get him getting this award so much.

As far as the rest goes this is my take. Horizon Award? I know you all think Swift is the next Faith Hill, but to me she has a wimpy voice and I don't know, for some reason she just doesn't do anything for me, sorry. My favorite of the Horizon nominees was Jason Aldean. I didn't know what the song was, but it rocked. It had some real gut music.

Vocal Group? Rascal Flatts is okay. I really enjoyed Alison's number.

Vocal Duo? I am so glad for Sugarland. Nettles has one the nicest and most powerful voices in country music. I love how she gets that southern drawl in her singing.

Song of The Year? It always amazes me how Strait gets song of the year for one I've never heard in my life. More power to him I guess. In my opinion, Carrie "got cheated".

Musical Event? It sucks, but then it didn't surprise me either. Reba and Kelly Clarkson should have won it. When you look at the quality of all of the nominees songs, it's easy to see which one was the best, but the "good ole' boys are back again.

Video of the year? I think that was the right one. I give Brad credit for his videos. He always seems to come up with unique ones like Shania does. This was no exception. It is a riot.

Musician of the Year? I don't know that much about it, but I thought it was good.

Steve

Last edited by Steve F : 11-08-2007 at 12:45 PM.
Post New Thread Reply