Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[] Still the One in Vegas!
[] Shania on Spanish TV
[] Shania on French TV
[] Shania in TIME!
[] Shania on Today Show
[] Shania at Grey Cup
[] Shania on Late Show
[] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[]Chatroom
[] Board Members Pics
[] Timmins Trip Photos!
[] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Fans Area > Life, Music, etc...
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2003, 04:57 PM

The Chicks, are being banned from some country radio

This is sad.
Some country radio stations in the U.S. are already banning THE CHICKS FROM AIRPLAY.And and "so called" fans are boycotting.
Does their music suddenly stink?

Last edited by cbspock : 03-13-2003 at 06:28 PM.
Old 03-13-2003, 05:28 PM
Who's On First?

This happens anytime someone in the limelight says something really controversial no matter where or when.
Old 03-13-2003, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by AINAHS
This happens anytime someone in the limelight says something really controversial no matter where or when.

I agree with you,so when are they going to ban ,DARRYL WORLEYS,SONG that equates Saddam with SEPT.11TH,[completely false] and suggests that any one who does not support this war has forgotten .SEPT 11TH.UNBELIEVIBLE.This seems to be a one sided arguement.
26 Canadians died on Sept 11th,we housed ,fed 40 thousand AMERICANS WHEN the plans could not fly and we had 4 Canadian troops killed in the Afgan war.I have not forgotten SEPT 11TH.
I AM STILL AGAINST THIS WAR.DISAGREEING WITH ,THE REPUBLICAN PARTY, DOES NOT MAKE ME, anti American.Sorry for the rant.
Old 03-13-2003, 06:21 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by canadarocks
I agree with you,so when are they going to ban ,DARRYL WORLEYS,SONG that equates Saddam with SEPT.11TH,[completely false] and suggests that any one who does not support this war has forgotten .SEPT 11TH.UNBELIEVIBLE.This seems to be a one sided arguement.
26 Canadians died on Sept 11th,we housed ,fed 40 thousand AMERICANS WHEN the plans could not fly and we had 4 Canadian troops killed in the Afgan war.I have not forgotten SEPT 11TH.
I AM STILL AGAINST THIS WAR.DISAGREEING WITH ,THE REPUBLICAN PARTY, DOES NOT MAKE ME, anti American.Sorry for the rant.

About the possible war, I totally disagree with you, and that is all I am saying, I do not want to get into a political disussion. We'll just have to see what happens after we win.

About the Dixies.... You are totally mis-informed on the issue, Dan Worley's song is causing a lot of contraversy, and is not being played on a lot of stations. It is far from a one sided arguement. I don't have a problem with the Dixies speaking out, you just don't do it in another country, and I think that is what has gotten some people really ticked. Also, celebs in this country tend to use their "power" and not get questioned for their statements, but things have changed, people really don't want to hear it. So when called on the carpet for their views, they hedge, they haw, and claim they are being attacked. This isn't the first time Natilie has put her foot in her mouth, I have no sympathy, she said what she said, now she has to live with the consequences. Like she said, we have a right to free speech, she freely said what she said, no one had a gun to her head, maybe she will think before she says something, that would be considered unpopular at home.

Back to the Dan Worley song, it is an awesome song!!!

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain

Last edited by cbspock : 03-13-2003 at 06:45 PM.
Old 03-13-2003, 06:37 PM

I guess all the **** that comes out of her mouth has finally caught up to her!!
Old 03-13-2003, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cbspock
About the possible war, I totally disagree with you, and that is all I am saying, I do not want to get into a political disussion. We'll just have to see what happens after we win.

About the Dixies.... You are totally mis-informed on the issue, Dan Worley's song is causing a lot of contraversy, and is not being played on a lot of stations. It is far from a one sided arguement. I don't have a problem with the Dixies speaking out, you just don't do it in another country, and I think that is what has gotten some people really ticked. Also, celebs in this country tend to use their "power" and not get questioned for their statements, but things have changed, people really don't want to hear it. So when called on the carpet for their views, they hedge, they haw, and claim they are being attacked. This isn't the first time Natilie has put her foot in her mouth, I have no sympathy, she said what she said, now she has to live with the consequences. Like she said, we have a right to free speech, she freely said what she said, no one had a gun to her head, maybe she will think before she says something, that would be considered unpopular at home.

Back to the Dan Worley song, it is an awesome song!!!

-Chris

O.k. we disagree .To me that song is huge distortion of the truth.I did not know Saddam was responsible for sept 11th and how come I have forgotten SEPT 11TH,as the song states.I heard him sing it on, Lou Dobbs" money line",ON CNN.SURPRISE,SURPRISE.
I got this from other forums but
the banning of an artists should be scary to ALL Americans,one would think.
How dare any one disagree with the Republican party and have a mind of there own,what was I thinking.

At least people will be off Shania's back for a change
Old 03-13-2003, 07:00 PM

i feel so slow.... but what exactly did she say??
Old 03-13-2003, 07:01 PM
Suspended

Well, I have no idea what the Chicks said. I do know that any entertainer who speaks out on a controversial matter can only lose professionally speaking. Those who agree won't buy any more of their CDs but those who disagree will stop buying. Also radio stations will stop playing singers whose views differ from their own. Of course if a performer feels very strongly about an issue, he or she may feel the financial sacrifice is worth the effort to promote their point of view.

Canadarocks, your views are like those of 80% of Canadians. But I know that Chris and a lot of members here are of the opposite point of view. What I really would hate to see is a political issue causing strife here. None of this has anything to do with our shared loved of Shania's music.

Can we all resist the temptation to make political points so we can stay friends?

Roger
Old 03-13-2003, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by windcatcher
i feel so slow.... but what exactly did she say??

In a true American tradition.It was really Natilie.
She said basically ,that she does not like Bush [many don't ] and that she is against the war in Iraq.THIS WAS DONE AT A APPERENCE IN ENGLAND.
How dare she,she should be shot as a trader.
Old 03-13-2003, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Roger
Well, I have no idea what the Chicks said. I do know that any entertainer who speaks out on a controversial matter can only lose professionally speaking. Those who agree won't buy any more of their CDs but those who disagree will stop buying. Also radio stations will stop playing singers whose views differ from their own. Of course if a performer feels very strongly about an issue, he or she may feel the financial sacrifice is worth the effort to promote their point of view.

Canadarocks, your views are like those of 80% of Canadians. But I know that Chris and a lot of members here are of the opposite point of view. What I really would hate to see is a political issue causing strife here. None of this has anything to do with our shared loved of Shania's music.

Can we all resist the temptation to make political points so we can stay friends?

Roger

O.K. I WILL SHUT UP NOW,I DON'T WANT TO GET BANNED FROM HERE.
Old 03-13-2003, 07:11 PM

LOL she said that?

sorry, but i find it amusing. but i can't believe she would dare say that in PUBLIC!!!! also.... OVERSEAS!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-13-2003, 07:29 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
O.k. we disagree .To me that song is huge distortion of the truth.I did not know Saddam was responsible for sept 11th and how come I have forgotten SEPT 11TH,as the song states.I heard him sing it on, Lou Dobbs" money line",ON CNN.SURPRISE,SURPRISE.
I got this from other forums but
the banning of an artists should be scary to ALL Americans,one would think.
How dare any one disagree with the Republican party and have a mind of there own,what was I thinking.

At least people will be off Shania's back for a change

I have not heard about any ban of the Dixies. Where did that come from?

-Chris

Last edited by cbspock : 03-13-2003 at 07:37 PM.
Old 03-13-2003, 07:31 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
In a true American tradition.It was really Natilie.
She said basically ,that she does not like Bush [many don't ] and that she is against the war in Iraq.THIS WAS DONE AT A APPERENCE IN ENGLAND.
How dare she,she should be shot as a trader.

Like I said, it is okay to speak your mind when you are here, but overseas, it is just not cool. You never ever hear Shania diss Canada when she is here, or overseas. Shania has respect from where she came from, our celebs have no such respect. I bet Nat did it for the attention to pander to the audience over there, and if that is the case, then it is worse, than what she said.

-Chris

Last edited by cbspock : 03-13-2003 at 07:36 PM.
Old 03-13-2003, 07:50 PM

Quote:
I have not heard about any ban of the Dixies. Where did that come from?

-Chris

Check the the Shania forums,cmt message boards,under hot topics and Dixie Chicks titles.
2 stations have banned them and some fans are playing more boycotts ect...........I like THE CHICKS ,AND I AM SORRY THIS IS HAPPENING.
Old 03-13-2003, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Like I said, it is okay to speak your mind when you are here, but overseas, it is just not cool. You never ever hear Shania diss Canada when she is here, or overseas. Shania has respect from where she came from, our celebs have no such respect. I bet Nat did it for the attention to pander to the audience over there, and if that is the case, then it is worse, than what she said.

-Chris

Chris, I am sorry if I upset you,but if it is not cool to say that while 'out of country',then I can understand the anger more.
I know this is a very touchy subject,but I want you to know that I love the U.S. alot even if I disagree with America[ the government] sometimes . You should see how mad us Canadians get at our government,sometimes.

We have heard,alot of people putting down Canada in the U.S. lately from both Rep. and Democrates.
We have had some M.Ps here say some really obnoxius things about ,Americans,[the government].ALL OF THEM WRONG.
SO , we can agree on our ,LOVE OF SHANIA, and I know you love your country,[so you should], and The Chicks,so I apologize if I was insensitive to that point.