Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[] Still the One in Vegas!
[] Shania on Spanish TV
[] Shania on French TV
[] Shania in TIME!
[] Shania on Today Show
[] Shania at Grey Cup
[] Shania on Late Show
[] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[]Chatroom
[] Board Members Pics
[] Timmins Trip Photos!
[] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Fans Area > Life, Music, etc...
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2003, 08:45 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by canadarocks
We have heard,alot of people putting down Canada in the U.S. lately from both Rep. and Democrates.
We have had some M.Ps here say some really obnoxius things about ,Americans,[the government].ALL OF THEM WRONG.
SO , we can agree on our ,LOVE OF SHANIA, and I know you love your country,[so you should], and The Chicks,so I apologize if I was insensitive to that point.

Well, when some of your politicians call the President a moron, what do you expect, like you said. However the news media seems to be focusing more on the French, then Canada.

Now, I suggest we do as Roger says, and drop the polictical discussion before we are all at each others throats.

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain

Last edited by cbspock : 03-13-2003 at 08:51 PM.
Old 03-13-2003, 10:14 PM

I don't think it has to do with being a Republican or a Democrat, frankly. I think it has to do with being an American (and in saying that, I'm not saying Americans are superior or inferior to ANYbody)and supporting your president in times of trial. That doesn't necessarily mean agreeing with every decision or policy. That means supporting your president, whomEVER he is.

I'm done with the Chicks - permanently.
Old 03-13-2003, 10:37 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sheri
I don't think it has to do with being a Republican or a Democrat, frankly. I think it has to do with being an American (and in saying that, I'm not saying Americans are superior or inferior to ANYbody)and supporting your president in times of trial. That doesn't necessarily mean agreeing with every decision or policy. That means supporting your president, whomEVER he is.

I agree with that.

-Chris

Old 03-13-2003, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cbspock
Well, when some of your politicians call the President a moron, what do you expect, like you said. However the news media seems to be focusing more on the French, then Canada.

Now, I suggest we do as Roger says, and drop the polictical discussion before we are all at each others throats.

-Chris

I agree with Roger and Chris.
Old 03-13-2003, 10:52 PM

Agreed. Let's not bash or laugh at each other's homelands.
Old 03-13-2003, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Agreed. Let's not bash or laugh at each other's homelands.

here ,here after all we are in this together.
Old 03-14-2003, 06:29 AM
Board Administrator

If you go to the CW boards, watch them talk about the Chicks now, if you thought them ripping Shania was bad. It's like the Chicks were dropped into a shark tank.

-Chris

Old 03-14-2003, 06:52 AM

Quote:

I'm done with the Chicks - permanently.
I have been done with them!!
Old 03-14-2003, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by canadarocks
I agree with you,so when are they going to ban ,DARRYL WORLEYS,SONG that equates Saddam with SEPT.11TH,[completely false] and suggests that any one who does not support this war has forgotten .SEPT 11TH.UNBELIEVIBLE.This seems to be a one sided arguement.
26 Canadians died on Sept 11th,we housed ,fed 40 thousand AMERICANS WHEN the plans could not fly and we had 4 Canadian troops killed in the Afgan war.I have not forgotten SEPT 11TH.
I AM STILL AGAINST THIS WAR.DISAGREEING WITH ,THE REPUBLICAN PARTY, DOES NOT MAKE ME, anti American.Sorry for the rant.

I agree. I'm not for the war, but I think there should be consequences when anyone violates a treaty or resolution. especially one that was agreed upon when it was written.
People need to be held accountable for that . For instance, you can't have laws work if you keep saying, "well, next time we'll put you in jail" then next time comes, and you say, Ok, this is the last time, next time we put you in jail. And it goes on and on without enforcement, when do you put your foot down and and give out the consequences of bad action. Personablity I think we should let Europe and the middle east deal with it. When it gets out of hand, and things get really bad, don't call us for help, Our phone number has been changed!
Old 03-14-2003, 07:27 AM

Quote:
If you go to the CW boards, watch them talk about the Chicks now, if you thought them ripping Shania was bad. It's like the Chicks were dropped into a shark tank.

-Chris

really..... gotta go check that out!!!!!
Old 03-14-2003, 07:32 AM

From DC with respect to statements being reported in British media

From the Dixie Chicks

"We've been overseas for several weeks and have been reading and following the news accounts of our governments' position. The anti-American sentiment that has unfolded here is astounding. While we support our troops, there is nothing more frightening than the notion of going to war with Iraq and the prospect of all the innocent lives that will be lost."

Maines further stated, "I feel the President is ignoring the opinions of many in the U.S. and alienating the rest of the world. My comments were made in frustration and one of the privileges of being an American is you are free to voice your own point of view."

--------------------------------------------------------------

uh huh.....
Old 03-14-2003, 07:54 AM

Quote:

-Chris

At least they will get off Shania's back for awhile.
That sucking sound we hear is their career going out the window.
Wait until you see "Country Weekly" ohch.
Old 03-14-2003, 08:15 AM

i think country weekly is what cbspock is talking about.

i just read what she actually said. and whoo, is it ever interesting. LOL

"Just so you know," says singer Natalie Maines, "we're ashamed the president of the United States is from Texas." It gets the audience cheering -- at a time when country stars are rushing to release pro-war anthems, this is practically punk rock.
Old 03-14-2003, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cheyenne55
I agree. I'm not for the war, but I think there should be consequences when anyone violates a treaty or resolution. especially one that was agreed upon when it was written.
People need to be held accountable for that . For instance, you can't have laws work if you keep saying, "well, next time we'll put you in jail" then next time comes, and you say, Ok, this is the last time, next time we put you in jail. And it goes on and on without enforcement, when do you put your foot down and and give out the consequences of bad action.

Cheyenne, I agree with everything you said.

My brother, who is a police officer, said it like this: "If I see a drunk driver, I don't sit there and watch him/her swerve off the road, almost hit another car, and wait for a wreck. I have an obligation to pull him/her over in order to save not only his/her life, but the lives of others. The threat of danger is there, and I have to stop it before something horrible happens."

That's my take on it, too.

Also, I've been done with the Chicks for a while now, too. I, personally, like my celebrities more reserved and to have a greater self-respect and a greater respect for others.

Just my two cents; I'm dropping it now, like Roger said.

Take care!
Much Love,
Jill
"I don't have all the answers but I know this much is true...you gotta have something to believe in - and I believe in you. Instead of saying 'I'm lucky' you say 'I'm blessed' and it's changed my life with something simple as that...holdin' you close when you look at me - long, slow kisses so tenderly...these are the things I believe..."
-- Keith Urban
Old 03-14-2003, 10:22 AM

http://www.cmt.com/news/display/1470517.jhtml This will take you to what was said. I'm shocked.

Joni
Post New Thread Closed Thread