Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > General
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 11-11-2008, 08:38 PM
an Ice Cold Shania Fan

What will Shania do with her music in the future?

(Take some chocolate and something to drink and read this)

I have been reading so many old messages during the last weeks in this forum.
My head is full of it. I need to write down my thoughts and hope to view some new points, which I did not saw yet in your old messages.
Since Shania’s letter from June 6th 2008 it is sure for me that she will come back with music.
The only question is when and what will her new music sounds like?

The statement from May 15th 2008 was no news for her. Problems with how the new album should sounds like was maybe the beginning of this all. This could have been starting many years ago. And as she did have one of the worlds most intensive working- and private relation with the same person, it was only a matter of time when those workings problems starting to effect her private life.
Music brought them together but did also separate them.

How to start from here. It is exactly what Shania wrote, recovering from a broken intensive private/working relation takes time, a lot of time. But she will come back.
Forum member ‘Viva Shania’ placed a good note about this:
``She has the experience after so many years of writing and coproducing that she could do it alone and she has the money for it``.
Her money makes her completely independent.

I hope that she continue with her country/rock/pop sound, but I think that she will comes up with a completely new music sound. We will see……. That she made 3 versions of the Up album was maybe a first try.

After recovery she will be very motivated to go on, she won’t be have any problem with writing new songs, she will have many things to tell in her new music.

But what will she do with her old music? If she is choosing to go on stage again, will she also perform her old songs? Singing sensitive songs as YSTO, FAFA, FTMO, WYKM, TWIM…..
with the same performance as she did before, might be very difficult.

I have been looking/hearing the dvd Live in Chicago many times the last weeks (it is so difficult to stop looking when you started this dvd again). I think that I saw that Shania was more smiling and showing more happiness when she was singing her old songs ‘No one needs to know’ ‘any man of mine’ and ‘if you are not in for love’. But the reason might have been that her band was playing those numbers very good with her or she was receiving very nice reactions from the audience .

Maybe Shania has already a lot of new songs ready on paper.

Maybe Shania starts to continue her career with:

- Writings songs for (new)singers and help them with producing it
- Singing some duets with other great singers (maybe acoustic)
- Performing her new songs only for a smaller public (no big arena’s) That might fit that she likes being on the stage, but not like to be in the picture so much. Touring with a smaller band or maybe doing something acoustic.
- Performing her new songs for a small audience, to see how it goes, and then go touring in the big arena’s. She might consider choosing a new name (her own name) and only play her new songs. This sounds maybe grazy, but if she is able to create a totally new sound with many new numbers, everyone wants to hear them. After awhile everyone will say: Her beginning albums: The Woman in Me, Come on Over and Up was a good start!!!!!

I know, a lot of things I wrote down are only supposings. Many things can happen.
If Shania recover very good from what happen to her the last year(s) she will be able to come back better then before. She will exactly know what she wants to do.

I can’t wait to hear new music from her, and I hope that, if she choose to come back on stage, the audience gives her a very special warm welcome. Something like what Shania did after her last song on her last concert in Sunrise, but then the other way…….. towards her!! She will remember.

A big warm hug from Polar Bear for Shania.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:57 PM
cross-stitching nut

Polar Bear,

I love this idea of yours...

"I can’t wait to hear new music from her, and I hope that, if she choose to come back on stage, the audience gives her a very special warm welcome. Something like what Shania did after her last song on her last concert in Sunrise, but then the other way…….. towards her!! She will remember."

And I don't think that her fans would have any problem doing that!!!

"Find Your Self Esteem And Be Forever Free To Dream" - Shania Twain
Old 11-11-2008, 09:14 PM
an Ice Cold Shania Fan

Hi Debbie,

You wrote so clear what Shania did at the end in Sunrise, that I know what happened there, allthough I was not there.

Giving this sign back to hear will be one of the best things the fans could do for her, she will remember this!! It will be a breathtaking sign.
Old 12-02-2008, 05:47 PM

I'm always soul searching on a spiritual level. That's a permanent occupation of mine, I think, for the rest of my life. ... But I think I'm digging deeper and being more reflective ... even more as a woman. ... I almost got a little bit tired of talking about the woman's perspective for a little while, myself. And I thought that the next record was going to be just deeper as a human being. But the more I dig deeper as a human being, the stronger I feel about a woman's perspective. (laughs) That is really crazy! So I just go full circle and back to that.

http://www.cmt.com/news/country-mus...nia-twain.jhtml
Old 12-02-2008, 06:31 PM
Board Administrator

What was really cool at Chicago, when Shania sang FTMO, and YSTO the audience was singing along, you can hear it somewhat on the DVD, but you could really hear it being in the crowd. That was one of the concerts really cool moments.

At Sunrise, at the end it had too much of a "goodbye" type vibe to it, when she stood there soaking in the moment. It was like she was putting Shania away.

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 12-09-2008, 03:18 PM

I'm getting alittle emotional reading that, Chris, but at least she finally came back into the spotlight again on the CMA's and she is getting her life back on track and hopefully in the year 2009 we will have her back better than ever!!!
Old 12-09-2008, 03:24 PM

I'm sure 2009 will be a great year for her music-wise, the only thing to ruin her public image would be the stupid things the press are writing about her and of course certain people believing every word ot it.
Post New Thread Reply