Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[] Still the One in Vegas!
[] Shania on Spanish TV
[] Shania on French TV
[] Shania in TIME!
[] Shania on Today Show
[] Shania at Grey Cup
[] Shania on Late Show
[] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[]Chatroom
[] Board Members Pics
[] Timmins Trip Photos!
[] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > Shania in the news
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 09-02-2010, 11:45 PM
#1 Shania Fan :)

Because, really, I think the producers would consider Shania a much better fit than J.Lo: Shania is definitely more popular, Shania has had much greater success, Shania has a broader fan base, Shania is a song writer, Shania has a lot of experience with producing, etc ,thanks to Mutt. I know I'm a bit biased, but really.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:50 PM
Board Administrator

It would have been a waste of time, the show is way overrated, and is heading down hill.

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 09-02-2010, 11:51 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkalot24
Because, really, I think the producers would consider Shania a much better fit than J.Lo: Shania is definitely more popular, Shania has had much greater success, Shania has a broader fan base, Shania is a song writer, Shania has a lot of experience with producing, etc ,thanks to Mutt. I know I'm a bit biased, but really.

She would have been the nice judge. Shania would have made decent comments, but she would need an evil Simon judge to play off of.

-Chris

Old 09-03-2010, 01:57 PM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

As much as I would like to see Shania every week, it would be too much of a dog and pony show, as the old saying goes. Besides, I think if she wants to get into something along with, or in place of music, then there has to be something for her more constructive and meaningful to society. I have always enjoyed Idol up til now. I don't have much enthusiasm for the new line-up.

Steve
Old 03-10-2011, 02:36 PM

I was watching American Idol last night and first up was a girl who has some country roots. Her name is Performances Lauren Alaina. It was the week that the contestants may pick a song from their idol. Her idol.....Shania Twain!!! She picked "Any Man of Mine". It was pretty good although as the panel said, she didn't kick it up enough. Randy Jackson said he loves Shania and that AMOM is a great song, but that Alaina didn't kick it up enough. When he said that, it occurred to me that the way Shania did AMOM to end her Shania Live Concert where the crew carried her around in the crowd would have done it for this girl, at least it would have been a lot more edgy. I think that is what the judges were looking for. Shania sure kicked it up a bit herself to end that show.

Here is the number, just click on watch now AMOM:

http://www.americanidol.com/contest.../lauren_alaina/

Steve
Old 03-10-2011, 03:13 PM
Board Administrator

It's funny how people underestimate Shania until they try to perform her songs.

-Chris

Old 03-10-2011, 05:18 PM

Yep!!!

Steve
Old 08-06-2011, 07:47 AM

It sounds like J Lo is coming back to Idol, so maybe not to worry about Shania going in that direction.

http://news.yahoo.com/fox-stays-mum...-201914681.html

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Jennifer Lopez's future as a judge with "American Idol" is still up in the air, after Fox television on Friday declined to confirm or deny reports that she had signed on for a second season. Fox entertainment president Kevin Reilly told a meeting of TV critics he had no headline-making announcements -- "maybe like confirm Jennifer Lopez or something. No luck there." The return of Lopez for the upcoming 11th season of "American Idol" has been in doubt after the singer said earlier this summer that she was undecided about doing a second year. Several news reports, all citing unnamed sources, have reported that Lopez is ready to sign up, and this week, showbiz website TheWrap.com said a deal had been finalized that would pay Lopez just over $20 million. Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler and veteran record producer Randy Jackson are already confirmed as judges when the talent contest resumes on Fox in January. Lopez and Tyler joined the judging panel this past season, helping to boost flagging viewership for the aging "American Idol" and maintain its status as the most-watched show on U.S. TV. The show has also been good for Lopez. She topped People magazine's "most beautiful" list earlier this year and had a top 10 hit with her dance single "On the Floor." However, Lopez announced in July that she was divorcing her husband of seven years, Latin singer Marc Anthony, with whom she had twins in 2008.

I know this is still rumors, but they have a tendency many times to turn out to be true.

Steve
Old 08-06-2011, 12:42 PM

Shania wouldn't commit to idol at this point ... with finishing the new album, promoting it, and the 2-3 year Vegas gig coming up - I just don't see it being a factor. Maybe she'll do X-Factor with Simon and Paula instead. HA! jk
Old 08-06-2011, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clegger26
Shania wouldn't commit to idol at this point ... with finishing the new album, promoting it, and the 2-3 year Vegas gig coming up - I just don't see it being a factor. Maybe she'll do X-Factor with Simon and Paula instead. HA! jk

After all she's done recently, anything is possible. But no probably not with all that like you've said.

Steve
Old 08-07-2011, 11:18 AM
Who's On First?

Quote:
Originally Posted by clegger26

3????????????????
Old 08-08-2011, 04:20 AM

What 3 years?! is that possible? NO NO NO! Dear Shania I won't never be able seeing you LIVE what a disappointment
Old 08-08-2011, 04:24 AM

I never saw American nightmare until that day Shania made a guest appearance I hate when people think they have the talent while they didn't work hard for it there is no real emotion there. I think she should never be an American Idol judge for whole season, anything else will be better than that like her Why not series I can say I enjoyed every minute of it.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:50 AM
#1 Shania Fan :)

Shania is currently scheduled to be in Vegas for 2 years, not 3.
Old 08-08-2011, 03:20 PM

Ok Tal that's less hurt... I understand the "whys" behind it but it won't help me
Post New Thread Reply