Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > Shania in the news
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 01-04-2003, 06:02 PM

Send a message via ICQ to bmac Send a message via AIM to bmac
Shania performing at Super Bowl

I know it was reported that Shania was performing at the NFC Championship Game, but ABC just advertised that she is performing at the Super Bowl. Can someone confirm is she's doing both? I would kind of doubt that she'd do both. Hey, but what do I know? LOL!
Old 01-04-2003, 06:12 PM
Board Administrator

The only two performers I have heard confirmations on..were the Dixies Chicks to do the national anthem, and a rumor that Celine Dion was doing the half time show. I have heard nothing concerning Shania at the Superbowl yet.

Oh, and any ALIAS fans out there, the show gets the sweet time slot right after the superbowl!!!! [new ep this weekend too]

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain

Last edited by cbspock : 01-04-2003 at 06:16 PM.
Old 01-04-2003, 06:16 PM

THAT WOULD BLOW MY MIND!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-04-2003, 06:36 PM

I really hope that this is true, but I'm going to wait for official confirmation before I get too excited.

If it's true, it looks like Shania was originally scheduled for the NFC Championship, but I'll bet the SuperBowl folks finally realized that there's nobody bigger than Shania. Shania and UP! totally blew away the competition on the charts, so it only makes sense to have the top artist in the world to perform at the top NFL game.
Old 01-04-2003, 06:39 PM
Who's On First?

Re: Shania performing at Super Bowl

Quote:
Originally posted by bmac
I know it was reported that Shania was performing at the NFC Championship Game, but ABC just advertised that she is performing at the Super Bowl. Can someone confirm is she's doing both? I would kind of doubt that she'd do both. Hey, but what do I know? LOL!
Shania is on the Superbowl per ABC today - the playoff deal was nixed since she will have a worldwide 800 million audience on January 26th to perform for.
Old 01-04-2003, 06:40 PM
Board Administrator

Chicks are doing the National Anthem, Shania doing the halftime show.......seems Football is going country this year!!

The only problem, now I have to watch another boring football game to see Shania

-Chris

Old 01-04-2003, 06:48 PM
Board Administrator

http://www.superbowl.com/features/entertainment

Guess we should keep an eye on this site.

-Chris

Old 01-04-2003, 06:52 PM
Board Administrator

NFL selects veteran music & entertainment producers Jimmy Iovine and Joel Gallen to produce Super Bowl XXXVII halftime show in San Diego

NEW YORK (Nov. 5, 2002) -- The NFL named music and entertainment industry icons Jimmy Iovine, chairman of Interscope Geffen A&M Records, and Joel Gallen, director-producer of Tenth Planet Productions, producers of the Super Bowl XXXVII Halftime Show, it was announced today. Talent for the show will be announced at a later date.

Super Bowl XXXVII is slated for Sunday, Jan. 26 in San Diego and will air on ABC. More than 800 million people worldwide annually watch the event, including 130 million viewers in the U.S. Super Bowls account for the top ten most-watched TV programs of all time. Last year's Super Bowl Halftime Show featuring U2 created one of the most memorable moments in entertainment history, according to numerous reports.

"The NFL's commitment to keep raising the bar of the entertainment value of the halftime show at the Super Bowl and being able to work with Joel Gallen again is simply a step further in the convergence of sports and music," said Iovine. "It's one that I'm personally committed to and think is great for both businesses."

"There is no platform bigger than the Super Bowl," said Gallen, who executive produced the Emmy Award-winning "America: A Tribute to Heroes" in September 2001. "I've produced a lot of live specials, but nothing will compare to the rush of putting on a show for 800 million people."

The NFL worked with both Iovine and Gallen last season.

An acclaimed music executive and record producer, Iovine was instrumental in the success of the Super Bowl XXXVI Halftime Show with U2, one of his record label's artists. Iovine worked with Gallen previously on "America: A Tribute to Heroes."

Gallen and Tenth Planet Productions produced for the NFL last year the primetime special "Friday Night Super Bowl Bash" on CBS featuring Sting, Sheryl Crow and No Doubt. In addition to "America: A Tribute to Heroes," he also produces "The MTV Movie Awards" on an annual basis. He also directed the hit comedy film "Not Another Teen Movie."

Iovine co-founded Interscope Records in 1990, championing cutting edge music in a wide range of genres and helping to build the company into one of the most prominent and creative labels in the music business. Interscope achieved platinum-selling success with artists such as No Doubt, Dr. Dre, Nine Inch Nails, Eminem, Limp Bizkit, Enrique Iglesias, Mya, 2Pac, Smash Mouth and Eve.

Universal's acquisition of Polygram in 1999 resulted in the newly comprised Interscope Geffen A&M Records, among whose artists (in addition to those mentioned above) are U2, Sting, Beck, Weezer and Sheryl Crow. Iovine was named Co-Chairman and, in 2001, Chairman.

Named one of the five hottest producers of the 1980's by Billboard, Iovine was also twice voted Producer of the Year by Rolling Stone. An engineer in the mid-1970's for John Lennon and Bruce Springsteen, he then produced hit albums for U2, Dire Straits, the Eurythmics, Stevie Nicks, Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, the Pretenders, Bob Seger and Patti Smith.

In 1987, he initiated with his wife Vicki the "A Very Special Christmas" album benefiting the Special Olympics. Releasing its fifth edition in 2001, it is the most successful series of benefit albums ever launched, having raised $75 million. Most recently, Iovine was co-executive producer of 2001's Sept. 11 benefit album "America: A Tribute to Heroes."

For the last decade, Gallen has been America's premiere director-executive producer of the most-watched live entertainment specials and short films. He also directed his first full-length film, "Not Another Teen Movie," that debuted in fall 2001.

Gallen has worked with some of the most successful actors and artists in the world.

Among his entertainment specials are: "The MTV Movie Award"; "America: A Tribute to Heroes"; "VH1 Fashion Awards"; "The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show"; "MTV Video Music Awards"; "MTV Unplugged"; "A Very Special Christmas from Washington DC"; "The Experience Music Project on MTV and VH1" and "Concert of the Century: Save the Music."

He has produced music specials with music luminaries such as Paul McCartney, Eric Clapton, Santana, Bon Jovi, Mariah Carey and the Dixie Chicks.

http://www.superbowl.com/features/e...roducers_110502

Old 01-04-2003, 07:09 PM
Administrator

That would be great! I wonder whether she will be doing this with other artists...according to Celine's official site as of Dec. 22 she was performing at the Superbowl as well...Can it be two Canadians together? http://www.celineonline.com/english/whatsgoinon.html

Céline Performs at Super Bowl
December 22, 2002

Céline will be one of the performers at the National Football League's Super Bowl XXXVII game held on January 26, 2003 in San Diego, California. The Super Bowl is one of the most watched event on American television. Check back in the coming weeks for more information.

As long as Shania is there: I am happy a Super Happy fan!
Old 01-04-2003, 07:17 PM
Board Administrator

On the Superbowl site, they have past shows, and their are mulitple artists on some of them.

-Chris

Old 01-04-2003, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cbspock
On the Superbowl site, they have past shows, and their are mulitple artists on some of them.

I think Britney Spears sang with Aerosmith one year.

Maybe Shania and Celine will sing together, too?

Gosh, I hope not. I want Shania all to herself.
Old 01-04-2003, 07:34 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by AngelGuy
Maybe Shania and Celine will sing together, too?

They already did that at the Divas show on VH1....with Gloria Estefan..maybe they will do it again...I would prefer they would sing a Shania song this time..lol..
Old 01-04-2003, 07:41 PM

ADVANCE WARNING!!! It probably won't be a "live" performance for whomEVER the halftime entertainers are, so don't go getting yourselves upset if you see lip sync performances.
Old 01-04-2003, 07:47 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sheri
ADVANCE WARNING!!! It probably won't be a "live" performance for whomEVER the halftime entertainers are, so don't go getting yourselves upset if you see lip sync performances.

I wish they could do it live, but it would take too long to set up the equipment. The biggest sham at any superbowl was when they passed off Whitney's singing the National Anthem as a live performance, then later admited she lip sync'd. It would have been nice if they just admitted it upfront. I think they didn't since it was very good for her career, since it became the performance of Desert Storm.

-Chris

Old 01-04-2003, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sheri

Very true. And another advance warning - you just know that Shania-bashers are going to whine and moan that she lip synched, while totally ignoring the fact that everyone does so at the Super Bowl....
Post New Thread Reply