Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > The Former Shania Centre in Timmins
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 11-04-2004, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul & Brigitte
Hi there, all you Shania Fans up there in Timmins,
Wish you all can have a great time together and I'm sure
You will have a party!!!!!!
Heard that you got some snow, but in your hearts it will be hot
when meeting Shania, I knew!
I wish I could be there with you!
Please say hello to Teresa, Greg, cb spock, Grace, Francesca and the whole gang.
Hugs from Switzerland
Brigitte

Brigitte, I was so hoping that you and Paul would be able to attend this event. I was looking forward to your company once again. Hopefully in the near future we will meet up. This was an awesome experience and I am so thankful I was able to share this experience with so many of my Shania family!!
Old 11-04-2004, 04:42 PM

Send a message via AIM to resessions
I have to admit….. I’m having a terrible time trying to concentrate at work today. I find that my mind is constantly wandering back to my friends and the experiences of these last several days. Indulge me a little further as I let my thoughts again turn to the whole experience.

TOM !!!! It would be easy to say that we feel sorry for Tom and his missing this event by just a weeks time but on the flip side, he is the one who will be able to visit the centre time and again upon his return to Timmins to feel the residual glow that Shania left behind. Tom will also find on his dining room table, copies of every news article I could find during my stay, including the full page ad in the Shania booklet, his own Nov. 2 2004 issue of the STC commemorative coin, a full size (2 sided) poster promoting both the GH CD / Nashville DVD, and maybe a few other goodies we’ll leave unmentioned.
Thanks for your hospitality Tom !!!!

Clode!!!! (Sorry if I’m not spelling your name correctly.) You married a great guy Nancy! He has become one of us through support of his wifes’ interest in Shania. He was taking care of everyone, including me (lent me gloves and a knit cap that I still need to return), making coffee runs in the middle of the night for those who were cold, getting postcards and posters for the crowds……heck this list would go on and on. In my book, there is a place in heaven carved out for people like him.

Steve and Ted!!! Steve was really feeling the cold more than others on Tuesday. I could see that…yet, his love of Shania overcame that and he can say he was there through it all. I can’t wait to see the pictures he took on regular film (not digital) Those photos will be filled with love because of his effort to tough it out in the cold. Speaking of love, after we had all got our moment with Shania, the sun was setting and a group of us stood in front of the STC to get group pictures taken with everyones cameras, (Ren acting as Photographer…. two cameras at a time). It was at that moment when Ted said his “goodbye” to me as he had to get on the road that night. A tear welled in his eye and with quiver in his voice he said, “I love ya man.” Without hesitation I gave him a bear hug and told him I love him too and to travel safe. Goodness can without question be felt. Ted carries goodness with him.

AFTERGLOW !!! Using the phrase attributed to when Elvis had finished a concert and “Shania had left the building” the security officers were able to relax and a few of us were able to go back inside the STC. We congregated over at the tables and chairs near the restrooms, sipping hot chocolate to warm our bones and basking in the memory of the events of the day. We spoke for a while with Jack Watson who was instrumental in the initiation of the idea of the STC and about the time he left, Tracy showed up in the midst of our group with wonderful little insights about her “Party for Two” with Shania to help put the finishing touches on the day that was ending. As our Hawaiian friend Dennis later confessed to me, that small little group huddled with Tracy in those final moments of Nov. 2nd at the STC was a sweet moment, a highlight all on it’s own. In respect to Eilleens’ privacy we’ll leave things “unposted” but rest assured, the STC has her stamp of approval.

THE FOX !!! Having been requested by the Toronto Country Radio Station to return for another interview at 8:30am on Tuesday morning, I’m certain I was the first fan to arrive to the STC when I walked up around 8:15am on Tuesday Nov. 2nd. None of my friends were at the front of the stage yet and the STC crew was still shuttling supplies to the various tents. As I waited for the media interviews that morning, all I could think about was missing the conversation and comradery (in the cold no less) with my friends. For once, I did not want to be inside the STC. And in an ironic twist of circumstance, after the events of the day were over, I was the last fan to leave the STC that night. When we got to Chris’s car there was one less seat than people. So I insisted that I’d walk to Caseys’ where we were all meeting for dinner. My friends Hymned and Hawed about me walking in the cold and the dark but I assured them it’d be alright. Just before reaching the STC gates, the red fox we’d seen on Sunday night while waiting for wristbands cut across the road in front of me. And a few moment later I heard soft footsteps behind me. I turn to see the fox stop in his tracks. He was following me on the road away from the STC. I took a few more steps and heard him still following behind me. I turned again to look at him. Once again he stopped in his tracks. My first honest instinct was to try to shoo him away. However he looked so beautiful on the road lit with the night sky and the STC behind him. It was peaceful everywhere. It was still and quiet. A calm washed over me and I let the Ojibway meaning of “I’m on my way” pass through my mind as I said one single word out loud to that friend of nature, “Shania.” At that word, I kid you not, that fox nodded his head in my direction and scampered off into the night. I’ll never forget it. Moments later, a car pulled over on the side of the road. It was Tracy and Sue headed over to Casey’s to join the gang for dinner. A smiling face said “Hey buddy you want a ride?” And with that, I was on my way.
Old 11-04-2004, 04:57 PM

Hi everyone

We got home to the UK around midnight last night and have been at work today.I am a bit tired after the lack of sleep over the weekend, so please excuse any spelling and grammar mistakes!

Just to say thank you to all the lovely people we met over the weekend, who made Phil and myself feel part of the 'Shania Family'. We feel as though we have known you all a lot longer than 4 days.

We arrived on Friday afternoon and after checking into The Days Inn our 1st stop was the STC just to check if anyone was queing already! Needless to say they were not. Ist impression of the centre was WOW.(we only saw the outside because it was closed).

Saturday morning it was back up to the centre to look round, and it was superb. We then got caught by a TV crew because of our funny accents! The staff at the centre made us feel so welcome.
Meeting everone for dinner that evening was so nice.
Sunday was back up to the centre with the rest of the gang. What we didn't realise until we got there was that this was the start of the queue ( or the wait in line for anyone that doesn't understand our strange language in the UK).

We had to stay at the centre because there were rumours about the cars being towed if no one was with them.
It was nice and warm in the centre until they closed at 5, but then it was outside and back to the cars for the long wait
I hadn't heard Party for Two played much over here in England but the next few hours certainly made up for that. It's a good job the centre is not to close to any housing or we could have had some complaints.

The centre staff arrived with coffee and hot chocolate and pizzas were organised by Teresa from Ohio.
Claude somehow got coffee and delicious apple cider from Tom Horton's.
Everything was very welcome.
It was certainly a long wait until security opened the gates at about 8.30 am.

By 9.30 everone in the gang had got their wristbands and it was breakfast and a couple of hours rest.
Thank you Francesca for showing us the handprints and Shania Park in the afternoon. It was very kind of you.

We gave the kareoke evening a miss after ringing home and finding out that our son had sliced his face open on a hockey stick at school. I felt quite guilty about being so many miles from home and he had a problem.

Tuesday arrived and the waiting started again at about 9.30.
The excitement was growing and I kept checking my wristband to make sure it was still there.
Entertainment on the stage started at 10 and there were some excellent acts that made the time pass quickly.

Finally THE moment arrived and Shania took to the stage, I think at about 3.45. She looked absolutely stunning! She said lots of nice things about the centre and how Tracy should stand for Mayor. She left the stage all to quickly, and we started queing again to get into the centre for the meet and greet.

We could she Shania sitting in the centre signing and talking to people. Unfortunately because we were towards the end of the line, as we got into the centre someone shouted get what you want signing ready. Shania was now being quickly moved down the line by security and all she had time for was the 'concert scribble'. I have to tell the truth and say I was quite dissappointed with this. After all the build up it did feel a real let down. Please don't misunderstand me, it was not Shania's fault, she was just being pushed along by security. I think several of the gang felt the same way because most of us were in at the same time. What also annoyed me slightly that on the shuutle bus away from the centre a woman was bragging and showing people that she had 2 personalised autographs from Shania. This despite being given a sheet with the wristband saying 1 item per person, and then also being told while we were waiting in line, 1 item per person.
Obviously Shania being Shania I am sure she would never say to anyone that she was only signing 1 thing, so people abusing the system like this, slightly spoilt it for the rest of us. Having said all this, I would not have missed this weekend for anything, and I am just so grateful to have been so close to Shania. I will never forget it.

Dinner for the gang on the last night and Tracy and the staff joined us. It was fascinating listening to Tracy and her stories of the day. Thank you so much for sharing them with us Tracy.

Finally thank you to Shania, because if it wasn't for you we proberbly have never heard of or visited Timmins, and we certainly would never have met the wonderful people that we now know.

Hope to see you all next August

Teresa
Old 11-04-2004, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by corran
Cool Dax Mug Chris...Have to get me one those for my work place and home use...Want to make sure everyone here knows who I care about...They look terrific too...Bet Shania was impressed...Did she buy one too???I would have in her place...Maybe she will go online and get one herself and show it to her hubby Mutt t... And say hey looky here at what a great impression one of my adoring fans did of me...Mutt would have a good laugh on that one...He would probably say...You still look like Woody Wood Pecker Lol and Shania would pull out Dax's impression of her as Woody...That would make him laugh even harder...

Benjamin

Ben,

you drive a hard bargain. Shania has given a million or more in donation & gift to the STC. And you wonder if she "bought" one of their mugs?
Old 11-04-2004, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by resessions
I have to admit….. I’m having a terrible time trying to concentrate at work today. I find that my mind is constantly wandering back to my friends and the experiences of these last several days. Indulge me a little further as I let my thoughts again turn to the whole experience.

TOM !!!! It would be easy to say that we feel sorry for Tom and his missing this event by just a weeks time but on the flip side, he is the one who will be able to visit the centre time and again upon his return to Timmins to feel the residual glow that Shania left behind. Tom will also find on his dining room table, copies of every news article I could find during my stay, including the full page ad in the Shania booklet, his own Nov. 2 2004 issue of the STC commemorative coin, a full size (2 sided) poster promoting both the GH CD / Nashville DVD, and maybe a few other goodies we’ll leave unmentioned.
Thanks for your hospitality Tom !!!!

Clode!!!! (Sorry if I’m not spelling your name correctly.) You married a great guy Nancy! He has become one of us through support of his wifes’ interest in Shania. He was taking care of everyone, including me (lent me gloves and a knit cap that I still need to return), making coffee runs in the middle of the night for those who were cold, getting postcards and posters for the crowds……heck this list would go on and on. In my book, there is a place in heaven carved out for people like him.

Steve and Ted!!! Steve was really feeling the cold more than others on Tuesday. I could see that…yet, his love of Shania overcame that and he can say he was there through it all. I can’t wait to see the pictures he took on regular film (not digital) Those photos will be filled with love because of his effort to tough it out in the cold. Speaking of love, after we had all got our moment with Shania, the sun was setting and a group of us stood in front of the STC to get group pictures taken with everyones cameras, (Ren acting as Photographer…. two cameras at a time). It was at that moment when Ted said his “goodbye” to me as he had to get on the road that night. A tear welled in his eye and with quiver in his voice he said, “I love ya man.” Without hesitation I gave him a bear hug and told him I love him too and to travel safe. Goodness can without question be felt. Ted carries goodness with him.

AFTERGLOW !!! Using the phrase attributed to when Elvis had finished a concert and “Shania had left the building” the security officers were able to relax and a few of us were able to go back inside the STC. We congregated over at the tables and chairs near the restrooms, sipping hot chocolate to warm our bones and basking in the memory of the events of the day. We spoke for a while with Jack Watson who was instrumental in the initiation of the idea of the STC and about the time he left, Tracy showed up in the midst of our group with wonderful little insights about her “Party for Two” with Shania to help put the finishing touches on the day that was ending. As our Hawaiian friend Dennis later confessed to me, that small little group huddled with Tracy in those final moments of Nov. 2nd at the STC was a sweet moment, a highlight all on it’s own. In respect to Eilleens’ privacy we’ll leave things “unposted” but rest assured, the STC has her stamp of approval.

THE FOX !!! Having been requested by the Toronto Country Radio Station to return for another interview at 8:30am on Tuesday morning, I’m certain I was the first fan to arrive to the STC when I walked up around 8:15am on Tuesday Nov. 2nd. None of my friends were at the front of the stage yet and the STC crew was still shuttling supplies to the various tents. As I waited for the media interviews that morning, all I could think about was missing the conversation and comradery (in the cold no less) with my friends. For once, I did not want to be inside the STC. And in an ironic twist of circumstance, after the events of the day were over, I was the last fan to leave the STC that night. When we got to Chris’s car there was one less seat than people. So I insisted that I’d walk to Caseys’ where we were all meeting for dinner. My friends Hymned and Hawed about me walking in the cold and the dark but I assured them it’d be alright. Just before reaching the STC gates, the red fox we’d seen on Sunday night while waiting for wristbands cut across the road in front of me. And a few moment later I heard soft footsteps behind me. I turn to see the fox stop in his tracks. He was following me on the road away from the STC. I took a few more steps and heard him still following behind me. I turned again to look at him. Once again he stopped in his tracks. My first honest instinct was to try to shoo him away. However he looked so beautiful on the road lit with the night sky and the STC behind him. It was peaceful everywhere. It was still and quiet. A calm washed over me and I let the Ojibway meaning of “I’m on my way” pass through my mind as I said one single word out loud to that friend of nature, “Shania.” At that word, I kid you not, that fox nodded his head in my direction and scampered off into the night. I’ll never forget it. Moments later, a car pulled over on the side of the road. It was Tracy and Sue headed over to Casey’s to join the gang for dinner. A smiling face said “Hey buddy you want a ride?” And with that, I was on my way.

Great stories there. I know what you mean about debriefing with Tracy and the gang after or before a big event. Those are some special moments. And it probably goes both ways.

But the story of the fox was perfect. I really get carried away by such events. They don't happen often, but when they do..., they're inspirational.
Old 11-04-2004, 05:07 PM

Pic of Shania on the STC stage.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg october 30 thru november 3 044 cr.jpg (28.0 KB, 183 views)
Old 11-04-2004, 05:09 PM

Pic of Shania blowing a goodbye kiss to the crowd.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg october 30 thru november 3 062 cr.jpg (29.4 KB, 173 views)
Old 11-04-2004, 05:11 PM

Cute picture of Shania.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg october 30 thru november 3 094 cr.jpg (30.4 KB, 173 views)
Old 11-04-2004, 05:15 PM

Another pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg october 30 thru november 3 072 cr.jpg (32.7 KB, 185 views)
Old 11-04-2004, 05:21 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shaniafan2000 Send a message via Yahoo to Shaniafan2000
Thanks for posting the pics Tee. Wow, the last one especially. I just love the look on Shania's face in that one...

~Steven

"I'd love to wake up smiling, full of the joys of Spring, and hear on CNN that Elvis lives again And that John's back with The Beatles and they're going out on tour. I'll be the first in line for tickets -- gotta see that show for sure."

~Lyrics from When by Shania Twain and R.J. "Mutt" Lange.
Old 11-04-2004, 05:25 PM

What a gang!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg october 30 thru november 3 117 cr.jpg (50.8 KB, 150 views)
Old 11-04-2004, 05:26 PM

This one is the same just I am taking this one and Ren is in the Pic now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg october 30 thru november 3 118 cr.jpg (49.4 KB, 140 views)
Old 11-04-2004, 05:30 PM

Here we are at dinner reliving the experience. Left to right:
Lynn, Reg, Frank, Richard, FV, Irene, Spock and Tracy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg october 30 thru november 3 119 small.jpg (47.8 KB, 146 views)

Last edited by Tee : 11-04-2004 at 05:34 PM.
Old 11-04-2004, 05:33 PM
Board Administrator

Great pictures!!!

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 11-04-2004, 05:38 PM

Some more, left to right: Irene, Spock, Teresa, Phil, and Tracy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg october 30 thru november 3 120 small.jpg (48.8 KB, 141 views)
Post New Thread Reply