Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Fans Area > Life, Music, etc...
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 10-09-2006, 11:14 AM

U2 switches labels within Universal Music

Here is an interesting article about U2 transferring to Mercury Records...I am wondering why since Mercury is not really noted for being a Rock record producer...But I guess they think Country is right up their alley...This sort of sheds some new light on why Shania chose to stick with Mercury...Whether this marriage pans out we will never know until much later however...Will be an interesting experience for U2 I am sure...I am also wondering if Shania had something to do with this switch over...But will never know that one either..But I am certain Shania is paying attention to this switch...Very interesting indeed...

Benjamin

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061009...a_u2_label_dc_1

U2 switches labels within Universal Music 1 hour, 33 minutes ago

LONDON (Reuters) - Irish rock band U2 has left its long-time label Island Records and moved to Mercury Records, within the Universal Music Group stable, a Universal spokeswoman said on Monday.

ADVERTISEMENT

One of the world's biggest bands with album sales in excess of 150 million, U2 decided to move after Jason Iley, a senior executive formerly of Island, moved to Mercury last year.

"We foster strong relationships at Universal Music," said the spokeswoman. "We have the best artists and the best executives and we're proud of how closely they work together."

She denied a report in Britain's Independent newspaper that U2 was upset about Island's "hands-off approach" toward them.

Island signed the band in 1980. Universal Music Group is the world's biggest music company and a unit of France's Vivendi.

Last edited by corran : 10-09-2006 at 11:17 AM.
Old 10-09-2006, 11:27 AM

Island beccame a basicly R&B/urban label since Lyor Cohen left, and came LA Reid and Jay Z. That's were their money, promotion and attention goes. And they are aiming on a very young audience too.

Personally I think Shania also left them, as she's not listed anymore as their artist. During the UP! period her non- ountry singles were supposed to be handled by them, but Universal as general did not enough for Shania, not just Mercury Nashville.

Last edited by Jud : 10-09-2006 at 11:30 AM.
Old 10-09-2006, 12:03 PM

Jud...Yea it is a sad state of affairs in the music industry and especially the way they treat their music artists... They really don't seem to do enough...I am certain Shania has already noticed this and is all too aware of the way the music industry is changing as is Mutt Lange probably...I would not be suprised to see Shania introduce some major changes after this album or during this coming album... Hmm I wonder if Shania and Mutt are mulling this one over a bit as it does drastically impact on their careers... These moves do have to be made with due consideration...

Benjamin