Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[] Still the One in Vegas!
[] Shania on Spanish TV
[] Shania on French TV
[] Shania in TIME!
[] Shania on Today Show
[] Shania at Grey Cup
[] Shania on Late Show
[] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[]Chatroom
[] Board Members Pics
[] Timmins Trip Photos!
[] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > North American Summer Tour 2018!
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 10-05-2003, 01:22 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by AINAHS
WOWOWOW!!

Check my site later for more concert pics too!

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 10-05-2003, 01:33 PM
Who's On First?

Quote:
Originally posted by cbspock
Check my site later for more concert pics too!

-Chris
I have been checking!
Old 10-05-2003, 02:16 PM

G Rap concert

Here's what else happened at the G Rap concert.

1 - Wish I knew that an "opening band" at 7:30 would only play for less than 20 minutes. I have never heard of an opening band playing for less than a half hour, unless there were 2 opening bands before a performer. As a result, I missed the first half hour of Shania's performance. I was very disappointed and I was not the only person who expected her to take the stage at 9:00 ilsh. Many of the folks in my section were complaining about this.

2 - A minimum of 75% of the time Shania is signing autographs on the floor of her stage and you can't see her. I can't begin to tell you how annoying this was! I was soooo disappointed to pay $65 for a tkt + service charges to watch her sign autographs! This is not what I was expecting at all. For those of us who are also singers, you know you are not using all of your vocal capability while hunched over signing autographs.

3 - I was also expecting to see Shania in typical sexy, bare mid-drift, sophisticated outfits. Unfortunatley, only one of the 3 she wore fit this. Two of the outfits made her look like she was going to sit at home and watch the Griffins play hocky or MSU play football, not perform for fans who are paying big bucks to be entertained.

Needless to say, I was disappointed with the concert. In comparison to Cher or Janet Jackson's concerts, Shania's just doesn't hold a candle to these other perfomrers. If you just want to visually see her and see her perform for less than 25% of the time, then this is an awesome concert.
Old 10-05-2003, 02:22 PM
Board Administrator

Well, what did it say on the ticket.........not Shania's fault you didn't show up on time.

As to the others stuff.......not what we have been hearing.

If you were just going to bash Shania, why even bother posting? I don't see anything positive, just sarcastic quips at Shania.

-Chris

Last edited by cbspock : 10-05-2003 at 02:46 PM.
Old 10-05-2003, 02:34 PM

Two picture by Steve from the Official Fanclub:

Old 10-05-2003, 02:50 PM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

In My Car is and has been one of my favorites on UP all along, and we didn't get it in Ottawa But I'm glad you got to hear it!

Steve
Old 10-05-2003, 02:52 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve F
In My Car is and has been one of my favorites on UP all along, and we didn't get it in Ottawa But I'm glad you got to hear it!

Steve

???? Really???

I loved the "def leppard" live version she did of it in Chicago.

-Chris

Old 10-05-2003, 03:17 PM
Board Administrator

I cleaned up that last picture.........

-chris

Last edited by cbspock : 10-05-2003 at 09:47 PM.
Old 10-05-2003, 03:50 PM

Send a message via ICQ to nds76
Are there any other pictures from Grand Rapids? My photo's didn't turn out too well .

David

Quote:
Originally posted by Jud
Two picture by Steve from the Official Fanclub:

Old 10-05-2003, 04:09 PM
Board Administrator

That's it so far.

-Chris

Old 10-05-2003, 04:28 PM
From This Moment On!

Send a message via AIM to Mary R Send a message via MSN to Mary R Send a message via Yahoo to Mary R
Thanks so much for your reviews of the Grand Rapids concert Richard and David!
Can't wait till my concert in Auburn Hills later this month! Is it the 24th yet?

I plan on taking my digital camera & a regular camera or a disposable one, so, does anyone know if it will be best to use a flash or not? With all the lights on stage, I'm thinking it will be bright enough not to use a flash, but not certain, anyone know?

Thanks for posting the pics Jud!

Amy, can't believe you didn't enjoy the concert, heck I was at a COO concert a couple of years ago and being short that I am, couldn't see Shania half the time but I was so thrilled just to be there to catch a glimps & hear my fav singer! Watched her most the time on the big screens! It was so awesome! Was singing most the time! Caught Shania at a second COO concert, that one I could see her most of the time! Wouldn't trade away either time for anything! As to missing the 1st half hour of the show, heck going to a concert I always plan on getting there way early, even before the start time of the opening act! As for Shania taking so much time signing autographs, heck that is what the concerts are all about, the fans! Giving to the fans! Shania knows that And I know that I'll be ecstatic should I get close enough to get an autograph! Sure gonna try! As for Shania's outfits, didn't know people were going there to see a style show, if one wanted to see that, they should go to a style show instead!

Mary R

Last edited by Mary R : 10-05-2003 at 04:31 PM.
Old 10-05-2003, 05:57 PM

Send a message via AIM to shaniawarrior Send a message via Yahoo to shaniawarrior
Great reviews Richard and David!! Now, Amy, I have a bone to pick with you. First of all, what was your main reason for going to the concert? To just see Shania or to experience Shania? To experience Shania is SO much better than just seeing her! You get the feel of the energy from the other fans, from the band, and most of all, a rush just knowing you're in the same place as Shania!!! Shania was putting on a GREAT performance for her FANS, and unlike most people, Shania actually INTERACTS with her FANS rather than just stay on the stage the whole time. THAT shows that she is dedicated to her fans and that she wants to give them something special to remember the concert by (not that the concert experience alone isn't enough to remember, but an autograph, high-five, or a picture is just an added bonus!). Yes, Shania is there to perform, but she is also there to have FUN with her fans! See me repeating myself a lot with the word "FANS"? She puts a BIG emphasis on that because WE, the FANS are important to her!!! I bet if you were one of those lucky people down on the floor you wouldn't be complaining about anything. And as far as you missing the first half hour, well that's your own fault and you can't even begin to blame Shania for your misjudgement. It's just like the rule for a flight...arrive AT LEAST a half-hour EARLY because you never know if there will be changes in the schedule. You are one of the very, and I mean *very* few people who actually did not enjoy a Shania concert. Read the other fans' reviews and see just exactly what you missed with a not-so-positive attitude.

A HYPER Shania fan,
Desiree

"I'm a vegetarian, Brad. I eat TOFU TUNA!! *slap*" ~Shania in "I Heart Huckabees"

Last edited by shaniawarrior : 10-05-2003 at 05:59 PM.
Old 10-05-2003, 06:06 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by shaniawarrior
Great reviews Richard and David!! Now, Amy, I have a bone to pick with you. First of all, what was your main reason for going to the concert? To just see Shania or to experience Shania? To experience Shania is SO much better than just seeing her! You get the feel of the energy from the other fans, from the band, and most of all, a rush just knowing you're in the same place as Shania!!! Shania was putting on a GREAT performance for her FANS, and unlike most people, Shania actually INTERACTS with her FANS rather than just stay on the stage the whole time. THAT shows that she is dedicated to her fans and that she wants to give them something special to remember the concert by (not that the concert experience alone isn't enough to remember, but an autograph, high-five, or a picture is just an added bonus!). Yes, Shania is there to perform, but she is also there to have FUN with her fans! See me repeating myself a lot with the word "FANS"? She puts a BIG emphasis on that because WE, the FANS are important to her!!! I bet if you were one of those lucky people down on the floor you wouldn't be complaining about anything. And as far as you missing the first half hour, well that's your own fault and you can't even begin to blame Shania for your misjudgement. It's just like the rule for a flight...arrive AT LEAST a half-hour EARLY because you never know if there will be changes in the schedule. You are one of the very, and I mean *very* few people who actually did not enjoy a Shania concert. Read the other fans' reviews and see just exactly what you missed with a not-so-positive attitude.

A HYPER Shania fan,
Desiree

Well said Warrior!!!!
..and you didn't even use your lightsaber

I like how you phrased it "experience Shania", and a concert sure is an experience. I think everyone we know, and even the critics have "experienced Shania" at these concerts. It's all in the attitude. You will bring from the concert what you put into the experience.

-Chris

Old 10-05-2003, 06:13 PM
Who's On First?

Quote:
Originally posted by shaniawarrior
.... you can't even begin to blame Shania for your misjudgement. It's just like the rule for a flight...arrive AT LEAST a half-hour EARLY because you never know if there will be changes in the schedule.
A HYPER Shania fan,
Desiree
......mebbe you haven't flown lately cuz you need to arrive like 1 to 2 hours in advance in most airports.

You should do that at a Shania concert too
Old 10-05-2003, 06:20 PM

Send a message via AIM to shaniawarrior Send a message via Yahoo to shaniawarrior
Quote:
Originally posted by AINAHS
......mebbe you haven't flown lately cuz you need to arrive like 1 to 2 hours in advance in most airports.

You should do that at a Shania concert too

Well I meant at least a half hour early at your gate. LOL When I fly, I get to the airport a good 2 1/2 hours before my flight leaves. I've always rather been early than late.

And Chris---you better believe I'll be using my lightsaber at the concert on October 17!! WOO!! LOL I will be one walking glowstick. And I agree with you...It *is* all in your attitude.

Richard--have you found that it's possible to get an autograph if you're in the first tier and you don't get picked for the Second Harvest raffle? If so, when, where, and how aggressive do I have to be? LOL I might just use my lightsaber to uh, politely guide a few people out of my way. *evil smile*

A HYPER Shania fan,
Desiree

"I'm a vegetarian, Brad. I eat TOFU TUNA!! *slap*" ~Shania in "I Heart Huckabees"
Post New Thread Reply