Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > World Tour and Las Vegas Residency 2019-20
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 04-30-2004, 12:51 AM

Singing, signing Twain was definitely ‘Up!’

Shania Twain rocks the Colonial Center on Wednesday.
Posted on Thu, Apr. 29, 2004
JEFFERY MINNISH/THE STATE

Singing, signing Twain was definitely ‘Up!’

Pop-country star doesn’t miss a beat as she belts out tunes while treating fans to autographs

By OTIS R. TAYLOR JR.

Staff Writer

That Shania Twain really is something else.

The pop-country singer brought her (seemingly) neverending “Up!” Tour to the Colonial Center Wednesday nightand she came ready to, um, sign autographs.

Yeah, Columbia likes it like that.

Dressed in black pants, a pink top with a sports bra underneath, and what looked liked boxer boots, Twain looked as if she were ready to work out.

Her hand got as much exercise as her voice. From the opener, “Man! I Feel Like a Woman,” Twain was roaming the stage, touching every outstretched hand.

As she sang songs like “Don’t Be Stupid (You Know I Love You),” “Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under?” and “Up!,” Twain signed calendars, hats, shirts and hands without losing concentration.

She autographed more ticket stubs and T-shirts during the concert than most entertainers do in a year.

Now, that’s impressive. Even more impressive is that Twain took donations for charity at the show.

The hits rained on the more than 10,000 fans in the arena. Twain sang “Forever and For Always,” “That Don’t Impress Me Much” and “I’m Gonna Getcha Good.”

Three girls were invited onstage to sing harmony for “You’re Still the One.” Twain performed a four-song medley of older material, including “Come On Over,” that gave the audience just enough of the oldies but goodies.

It was a partisan Gamecock crowd. During band introductions, Twain’s drummer, who was wearing USC running back Demetris Summers’ No. 31 jersey, gave a shout-out to Clemson fans.

His words were met with deafening boos.

Twain turned the show into a sit-down affair, taking a seat about 15 rows up in section 102. Accompanied (literally) by a guitarist, she soulfully sang “The Woman in Me (Needs the Man in You).”

Before she could wrap the song up, a fan tapped her on the shoulder and put a pen in her face. Twain laughed and kept singing. If you’re wondering, of course she filled the autograph request.

Twain donned a Gamecock jersey with her name on the back for the encore and she rocked out to “Any Man of Mine” and “Rock This Country.”

Emerson Drive warmed up the crowd for Twain. Any band that can pull off U2’s “Where the Streets Have No Name” has to be OK.

Original songs like “Fall Into Me” and “Last One Standing” were good, too.

Reach Taylor at (803) 771-8362 or otaylor@thestate.com
http://www.thestate.com/mld/thestat...cal/8545661.htm
Old 04-30-2004, 03:26 AM
tower

What a nice revue, Thank you Kinght1 for that. I have emailed the author thanking him/her for the positive publication. Makes a change from some I have read.
Old 04-30-2004, 08:03 AM

Tower - your welcome - hope the tour gets more of those reviews as it continues.
Old 04-30-2004, 11:56 AM

Send a message via ICQ to vidaurri
WOW! What a great picture of our girl in action. LIke the review too. Go Shania!!
Old 04-30-2004, 02:08 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to sarah
Thanks a lot for the review!
[QUOTE]
Before she could wrap the song up, a fan tapped her on the shoulder and put a pen in her face. Twain laughed and kept singing. If you’re wondering, of course she filled the autograph request.

[CODE]
Does this happen often???

But I win when I choose
And I can't stand to lose
God's own country refers to the tourism motto of our state
Old 04-30-2004, 11:17 PM
tower

True Shania Fans will never upset her to get an Autograph or something as petty as that.

It is because of obsessive fan behaviour many hide away behind layers of security. Please don't force our Shania down that route.

Thank you.

If I ever get to meet Shania be it in public or private it will be at her request. NOT MINE.

If it was in public, I would be too busy thanking her for the UP! tour and telling her and the Band what it has ment to us, I would forget the photo's and autograph stuff anyway.

Shania so far has managed to retain contact, physical contact, verbal and email contact with us. Please do not anything that could result in that being stopped for security reasons.

Before you ask, NO I have NOT got Shania's email address, Shania let's you know when she want's an email from you and you do not get an address for her as an individual, so just don't go there.

Shania (well Eilleen realy as she has to be not working) checks the main sites and does read your posts, not all of them you must understand but she does make that effort. Just because you may not see her name on the boards does not mean she is not logged on as one of the thousands of guest who log on this site every year.

So if in doubt about invading Shania's space, just think how your would feel in mid song when someone grabs your leg or pulls on your torso to get your attention for a lousy autograph!!!

I may NEVER meet Shania, will never have her autograph, but I have her music and her image on DVD, and I get to hang out with you lot for a bit. Yes that is enough for me.
Post New Thread Reply