Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > Shania in the news
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 05-06-2011, 04:15 PM
Board Administrator

Shania writing and singing

Singer Shania Twain is making her comeback with her new series ‘Why Not? With Shania Twain,’ which premieres Sunday night,’ and now she’s telling her story in Redbook, too. After sidestepping music for a while, the singer is writing again and learning to enjoy doing what she does best: singing.

Twain, who had a rough couple of years after splitting with her husband, rock producer Robert “Mutt” Lange, opens up in this revealing cover feature about the songs on her next album, what she hopes to convey to her contingent of female fans and where she is today, which is a much better place than she was a few years ago as her marriage crumbled from the ultimate of betrayals. What’s refreshing about Twain, especially in this interview, is that she isn’t afraid to admit her insecurities, which makes her that much more “real” to the fans who adore her.

“I am stronger,” Twain proclaims. “I’m more mature, but I’m more carefree. I feel like I’m in a transitional period. I’m really trying to get comfortable in my own skin because it’s not easy to do when you’re in the spotlight all the time. I don’t want someone photographing my cellulite — I can’t take it! See, this is where the push and pull comes in. It’s a very strange paradox: I don’t really want to share all my dirt with people, yet I want to be real. I want to be successful, but I don’t really have what it takes to do it comfortably.”

Twain says that the songs on her new album are more introspective, admitting, “They’re about the insecurity that the spotlight highlighted for me. I found it so hard to take the criticism — not the professional criticism, but the personal criticism. I don’t want people to care about my horrors. It frustrates me and makes me focus on the wrong things. I want to focus on my songs. So I struggle with that, and I’m just getting to the point now where I can honestly say, ‘I either get comfortable in my own skin, or I quit this industry.’”

Overall, though, Twain remains committed to a goal, and that’s being positive, especially in her songs. “I want to continue to write and record things that affect people in a positive way, and keep trying to make songs that are meaningful,” the singer says. “What I write and sing is a very big part of who I really am. I just want to write music that matters.”

Twain is also concerned about her fellow females; this is, after all, a woman who achieved her biggest success on the back of a single called ‘Man! I Feel Like a Woman,’ said she hopes to translate a simple message to her female fans, saying, “I think for women’s mental health, honesty is crucial. We’re way too superficial. We need to be able to laugh at ourselves. I want to feel OK with being me.”

As for her future? Twain has interesting visions of what lies ahead, saying, “I was always very solitary growing up, and that made me creative. Then, all of a sudden, I became successful with music, which became an extremely extroverted thing. Now I’m somewhere in the middle, trying to balance my wish for solitude with the exposure fame brings. If you talk about the far future, I’ll probably be in the Canadian wilderness somewhere, living among the moose and bear [laughs].”

http://tasteofcountry.com/shania-tw...-redbook-cover/

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 05-06-2011, 04:17 PM

“I’ve enjoyed going back to writing alone,” she says before issuing a piece of hard-earned advice. “Listen, even if your marriage lasts forever, there are moments when you need to make time for yourself, for something that is just yours and yours alone.”

http://www.chatelaine.com/en/articl...reality-tv-star
Post New Thread Reply