Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > World Tour and Las Vegas Residency 2019-20
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 02-20-2004, 06:32 AM
Administrator

Belfast Feb. 19: Soundcheck and Concert

We were 12 contest winners and 2 members from the Official Fan Club at the soundcheck..the contest winners got a free CD and a signed pic from the Promoter, but the autograph on the pic was not that good..LOL..
We went in, first we were on the floor, but they still had to put in one third of the chairs for the concert (this was at 4.20 PM with the concert starting at 8 PM)..they were going around with huge printouts of the seating chart, trying to figure out where they had to put in the other chairs..overall this seats layout was the BEST one of all the arenas I have been too..you could really see very well from every seat in the arena, and as a matter of fact all the seats for the concert were exactly the same price..no difference first tier or floor..a rather small arena, which made the in the round concert even better...
So we moved to the first rows right off the floor so to let the people work with the final chairs they need to put in..JD was already there warming UP, then Randall and Andy arrived...then slowly the others..the guys start talking saying: "So what do we do? Stupid or Honey?" LOL! Someone replies: Stupid..
They start playing DBS..about 10 secs into the song Shania enters the arena: khaki pants, a white long sleeves tshirt, a red sweater on top and a blue vest with a hood on too...she is wearing a khaki baseball cap with the pony tail out..she wore the same glasses...she has a small black hand bag and a bottle of water..she gets on stage and goes to the opposite pit from where JD and the other band members are, she gets the ear monitors and the mike from the tech guy and gets to the top of the stage..where she lays down her bag and water at one corner and she jumps in the song almost half way in..
The other people in for the soundcheck recognize Shania when she gets to the top level of the stage..we wave to Shania, she waves back.,..she sings snippets of DBS...then once it is over she says:
"What would you do to you guys if we changed Pretty back the original starting clue?" All the guys say: ALRIGHT, good idea...Shania asks: "The E key?" and sings a couple of words...and asks again "Is this the right key?" Randall says yes..so Shania replies: "We do Pretty after Ka Ching! then I am leaving.."
So They start play Ka Ching!: Shania sings it completely, really well, very strong, powerful performance, including the moves on stage....after that they sing Pretty Face, but Shania does only bits and pieces and lots of "ta ta ta ta"...at the end the guys ask:
"So do we do Pretty tonight?" Shania says: "If I can go through it completely later this afternoon, I'll let you know before the show.."..I wonder whether she was talking about reviewing the lyrics later or the vocal parts..
During the sound check at the beginning she also did lots of vocal stuff...to test her voice I think..so after Pretty is done..she picks up her bag, water and puts down the mike and ear monitors and waves to us there.. and leaves..
The band remains to talk about other possible problems: Marc wants to do another song because he says he has problems with his guitar...so they do the first minute of MIFLAW..Allison sings Shania's part...after that it was over basically..we left...
Overall it was very interesting to see how things are done, but you definitively get much more interaction with Shania if you are seating within the first 10 rows on floor during the concert..LOL!
Old 02-20-2004, 06:43 AM
Brazilian Member

Send a message via MSN to Marco
Hey FV!!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad things are really great for you in Belfast! That's something I was thinking too... you don't really get too much interation in the Soundcheck with Shania... the lady seams to be 100% focus in her work!!! And that's pretty fair coz she's always giving us all she can during the concert!!

BTW: I'm waiting for the concert review! LOLOLOL

huge hugs,

Marco

Thank You Shania!
Old 02-20-2004, 06:46 AM
Administrator

CONCERT
The Arena opened just 5 years ago, but inside it looks much older..it is part of a great entertainment complex that includes a movie theater and plenty of restaurants..cool place overall. :cool:

The crowd was overall good and very warm: they sang a lot, knew all the songs, even the new ones and clapped a lot..but not too much standing..people on the first tier where I was too could stand up and dance only if they move to the side where there was space..
This was my first time seeing the concert from the first tier and was really a new experience: you see different things...Shania started the concert by wearing a pink sleeveless top on an orange one: same black pants..I noticed for the first time how long she holds her protective position after the final fireworks at the end of UP!, I also noticed that Roddy is the one playing the fiddle solo during DBS...the 3 fiddles whenever they are playing together seem always to be on the opposite side of the stage from Shania..
First people on stage: the winners for the raffle that benefited a children charity "Bernardos"...the first winners were two teenagers who had the right numbers bu the wrong ticket color .. Shania made the comment: "So basically colors do not matter..LOL!"..she was very witty last night, but not as high energy as the previous shows...the band too: they were all musically and vocally perfect, but the spark was not there...the previous concerts were much more energetic: maybe because there were not feeding enough from the crowd that was warm and fun, but not LOUD enough...
So since the first winners did not have the right ticket color, the real winners show up and they got themselves another pic with Shania...
Second outfit of the night: a Bodyglove light green top with white stripes at the side..,same pants..a couple of ladies kissed Hardy's hands... Both Randall and Marc went into the crowd to get pics with ladies there...Marc actually played his solo guitar part for IOH on his knees on the floor..LOL!
Second person on the stage: a 6 year old girl: her mother gave Shania a note during Ka Ching: Shania called the girl UP to sing with her because it was her birthday..the girl was very shy so no singing..then Shania talked to the mother whose name was Carrie-Ann and Shania said: "That's my sister's name.." She went on commenting on her own mother's Irish name (Sharon) and her grandfather (George Morrison?) and her own birthname (Eilleen)...the crowd loved it.
Shania then later read a note from a couple who gets married on Saturday...they wanted her to sing FTMO: Shania said she does not sing that..but the crowd cheered, Shania repeated that, the crowd cheered even louder..so she did 10 secs a cappella of FTMO, and said she forgot the words..lol..at the first Wembley concert during IMC Shania sang in the mike: "...and I forgot the words of the song"..LOL! ....

TBC
Old 02-20-2004, 06:48 AM
Brazilian Member

OH! I forgot to say...

At the London's soudcheck she also told the band she was not doing Pretty... and I think it was becouse of her voice (not sure)... coz she was always dringing that tea ??? and also she only sang 2 songs, with no hi notes at all..... maybe it's getting better now!!!!!

Also glad that Belfast venue knows how to put the seats in the floor!!!! At least Belfast! LOLOLOL

hugs,

Marco

Thank You Shania!
Old 02-20-2004, 06:55 AM
Administrator

Third outfit of the night: the Belfast Giants N.1 jersy with Shania name on the back (that's the local hockey team)..Shania said that many Canadians are actually playing for the team..
At the end of IOH, the final applause was not that loud, actually it was probably the weakest final applause I have ever heard so far at Shania concerts for this tour...at this point it is already 10.50 PM because the concert started at 8 PM..Shania said during the show that Belfast was freaking loud..but I think ti had more to do with the acustic....because the Boston concert on Oct. 7 was 10 times louder overall...
After IOH, some of the audience started leaving..maybe to avoid traffic...90% of the completely filled arena (not a single seat available, full capacity) is still there..they started clapping louder..and finally Shania comes out with the hockey jersey....then the band..which is weird because usually the band comes out first at this point..I got the feeling that since the final appluase was not so loud they were not sure whether they wanted to do the encore?? Anyways, great final encore...however the confetti blowing machines miserably failed.. there wer only 2 of them, but in the US I am sure there were 4 of them..and they could not spread the confetti wide enough.,..the confetti remained at the two corners...
Shania signed many autographs, but people were more interested in handshakes...security on the floor was cery relaxed, everyone was having a great time and dancing, not so much on the first tier where people had to step aside to move more..tonight I have a floor seat at the stage...will take many pics!
Gotta GO!
Old 02-20-2004, 07:02 AM
Brazilian Member

Thanks FV!!!! very nice review!!!!!!!

WOW!!! that FTMO capela must have been amazing!!!! WOWOWOW!!!!!!

It's a shame the crowd was not giving a good feedback to Shania and the band!!!!!

HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We'll be waiting for your pics!!!!

huge hugs,

Marco

Thank You Shania!
Old 02-20-2004, 07:15 AM
Board Administrator

What's with up with the audiences in Europe?? With tje exception of you all here and on the forums, there seems to be a problem with the crowd. Guess we'll just have to pick up your slack when she gets back here in April.

FV, you are right they had 4 of those machines shooting the confetti.

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 02-20-2004, 07:39 AM
Come on England!

Thanks for the review....

Yeah the audiences......I think because the tickets for the front are more pricey that its more "an evening out" for people only half interested, whilst the big fans are scattered around the arenas. It's ridiculous that I feel awkward when I'm standing and I know I'm blocking the person's view behind me and they don't want to get of their toushie!

Maybe they should section the arena so half is standing and half seating so people can see if they want to sit. Dunno!!!

Paul
Old 02-20-2004, 08:12 AM

Great review FV !! Thank you for that ! I could just feel myself being there whilst reading your comments

European audience ? Sigh......... I really don't know what it is..... is it that they are too reserved to show any emotions ? Too lazy to move ? Just can't be a**ed ? Come on folks !!!!

You're right Chris, it seems that only fans from this board and forums and the fanclub are the ones dancing and singing and giving Shania some feedback from the audience.

Also, if people just wanna sit down, wouldn't it be cheaper for them to buy the DVD and watch it at home ??

Last week, Cory and Randall told me that the Kilkenny concert crowd was the best they had ever experienced. That was in the Republic of Ireland. What a change they must have experienced in Northern Ireland huh ? I wonder if they had expected the same Killkenny atmosphere.......... Hope you get a better audience tonight !!

Can't wait for your review FV ! Have a wonderful time !!!!!

...........\\!//
..........(@@)
--o00---(_)--00o--
Old 02-20-2004, 09:20 AM

Send a message via ICQ to bmac Send a message via AIM to bmac
Any pics from the Belfast show? Please, please, please!
Old 02-20-2004, 09:21 AM
Board Administrator

You guys were so intense at Hyde Park, it is a lot to live up to I guess.

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 02-20-2004, 09:41 AM
Administrator

There are two very good reviews in the press here: the first one in the News Letter and the second one in the Irish News. Both of them have a front page photo of Shania and the title of the article. It seems they are not available online the same day unless you subscribe to the paper, but maybe they will be available tomorrow...check the news section of these websites tomorrow:
http://www.icnorthernireland.co.uk/
http://www.irishnews.com/
I will scan the pics when I am back...both articles are very positive, although short...
The News Letter title: "Country Queen comes to Town" : Shania gig impresses Odyssey fans.
The Irish News title: "Country star rocks soldout Odyssey" and "Eager fans flock to see musical idol"..they have the funniest pic of Shania on stage I have ever seen..will have to scan it.LOL!
Will post pics from Belfast when I am back..

I forgot to say that in the end Shania did not do SNJAPF yesterday either...
Old 02-20-2004, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by FV
I forgot to say that in the end Shania did not do SNJAPF yesterday either...

Oh dear...... I hope she gets her voice back........

Maybe she'll sing it tonight..............

Rock on FV !!!!

...........\\!//
..........(@@)
--o00---(_)--00o--
Old 02-20-2004, 09:52 AM
Administrator

Here's the Belfast Telegraph review:

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/l...sp?story=493386

Shania serves up a real treat

By Janet Devlin
featureseditor@belfasttelegraph.co.uk

20 February 2004
SINGING superstar Shania Twain brought the house down in Belfast last night - and helped needy Ulster children at the same time.

The Canadian, who sang country cool but looked urban chic, belted out the hits that have made her a 10-times platinum album winner three times in a row.

The crowd, which sported more cowboy hats than a Calgary Stampede, roared approval to favourites like Man I Feel Like A Woman, Don't Be Stupid, That Don't Impress Me Much and You're Still The One.

Dressed in black trousers, orange and pink vest top and matching baseball boots, she continued with recent hits from her new album Up, including Getcha Good, Ka-Ching and Forever And For Always.

Shania also offered every one in the audience a chance to join her on stage - by buying a raffle ticket to support Barnardo's. The result was a bucket of money for the local children's charity.

But the highlight of the night, apart from the spectacular finale of Rock This Country, was when a spotlight suddenly picked Shania out - singing among the audience in the middle of the auditorium.

The rest of an excellent show was marred only slightly by the large number of fans who swarmed round the stage requesting autographs and handshakes while Shania was performing.

But, a true professional - and probably one of the most accessible superstars ever - she was happy to oblige.

It was the opening concert of a double date for Shania, who revealed that her birth name was Eileen and she actually has some Irish blood in her veins, so if you are going tonight you are in for a real treat.
Old 02-20-2004, 10:13 AM

So nice to read pleasant reviews for a change

I'm glad the reporters enjoyed the show

...........\\!//
..........(@@)
--o00---(_)--00o--
Post New Thread Reply