Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > Shania in the news
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 11-17-2005, 01:15 PM

Thanks Raider and others

And it will be interesting to read LoonieEcho's review once there is time to make one.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:16 PM

Marilyn: Once you have a child that's when it brings back all that other stuff that happens.

Shania: you get more emotional, more anxieties. And you feel for children more. That is so true. You realize how fragile they are, how much they depend on you. When I was a kid honeslty there was a lot of times I couldn't depend on my parents, they weren't there, they wanted to be there but they couldn't. I felt I raised myself in alot of the times and I'm sure my family feels the same way at certain points. But I felt strong enough to do it when I was a kid for some reason. I felt I could do it, kids are resiliant. I managed somehow don't know how I did it. NOw when I look back I feel BAD for myself...not then but now. When I look back now and I have a 4 year old and he can't do this, he can't get up and get ready for school, I was probably cooking at 5. I couldn't let him, I need to be there for him. I know my mother wanted to be there to but she couldn't, she would have if she could have.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:19 PM

?
Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

Shania: 50(laughs). You know what because that's the only thing I'm sure of.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:23 PM
cross-stitching nut

I'm supposed to be going to have a blood test but I can't leave this thread! Raider you are terrific!

"Find Your Self Esteem And Be Forever Free To Dream" - Shania Twain
Old 11-17-2005, 01:26 PM

Marilyn: the clothing that you wear. You really are flashy when you perfomr. Any fashion faux pas?

Shania: Are you kidding, all the time. Sometimes we wear things that don't look good on us but we feel good in them. Some things look don't look good photographed but great in person. I'm not a real fashion buff don't follow it closely, wear what's comfortable for me and that's it, yeah!

Marilyn: Janet Jackson moment?

Shania: No, I've been lucky though. The other night at the CMAs, my dress, when I tried it on, it was fine then they made an adjustment to the bottom, then I couldn't walk in it, was tripping over it. Had to use safety pins, almost didn't make the red carpet. Camera didn't catch it, there's so many things the camera never catches.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:30 PM

Shania watching "When You Kiss Me" video

Shania: That was my favorite video to make

Why is that?

Shania: I dont' know. I was in love when I sang that song. I really meant it. I love it.

Shania: I was in love "when". I'm still in love with my husband. I'm still in love with you dear.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:31 PM

Audience question:
If you couldn't whisper one thing into your fans ears what would it be?

Shania: Thank You!
Old 11-17-2005, 01:32 PM
cross-stitching nut

I would love to know what all the camera has not caught...hope she tells us more. I bet some of them are funny.

Old 11-17-2005, 01:33 PM
cross-stitching nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider
Audience question:
If you couldn't whisper one thing into your fans ears what would it be?

Shania: Thank You!

I have had Shania tell me "Thank You" and believe me there is nothing like it! Thank you Shania!!

Old 11-17-2005, 01:34 PM

Audience question:
Are you planning on recording a new album in the near future?

I'm not ready to go back into the studio yet, I'm still writing. That's going to take me a little bit of time. I don't know how long it will take, I'm still writing.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:41 PM
Who's On First?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve F
Unbelievable! Just Awesome. I don't know how else to say it. You guys have done a fantastic job of relating this to those of us who couldn't experience it for ourselves.

Before she had Eja, I don't think she would have let the public see this side of her, at least not to such an extent. She was more guarded. I think it's wonderful about starting up this new projects for the kids. She's right that kids need more than just food to give them a good life. Oh, and a duet with Stevie Wonder? Pricelss!

I always get a kick out of her when she says, gee I didn't know this or that was going on in the world. When she's zoned into writing or recording or any part of her career going on, that's all she knows. She doesn't have time for other stuff like gossip or such. She doesn't sit down and watch the local and national news like us. I think she is the same way about her private life as well. She's more interested in that than what the rest of the world is doing. Maybe that's a good thing as Martha would say. I just read an article recently that said we should not watch news at all because it puts far too much stress on us.

Steve

My folks watched the nightly news every day of their lives and always bemoaned the terrible tragedies that were transpiring daily...I never understand why they put themselves through that just before going to bed for the night...my wife sometimes puts the late news on and without fail it is the same bad stuff happening that was happening 20 30 40 50 years ago...why you have to view that and listen to that and then try to get a good restful night's sleep is beyond me...
Old 11-17-2005, 01:42 PM

Audience question:
Shania went to highschool with her.

Shania: this is just to weird. We went to highschool together. She sounds exactly the same.

Lisa: Snuck into bars to watch her sing. Who's your favorite teacher?

Shania: Spilo? He was a math teacher and I wasn't good at it. He was so sweet and helper. He was wonderful, never forget it, he's a wonderful man.

Marilyn: What was she like in highschool?

Lisa: Absolutely lovely. NO really, Quite shy though, quiet.

Shania: I probably didn't make much of an impression.

Marilyn: Did you have a boyfriend in school?

Shania:
I never had a boyfriend in school. I never went out with anyone in my school. I lived a pretty seperate life. I had a boyfriend in the band he was the drummer. His sister went to our school. He was not in our school.

Shania: I do know Lisa. She's a wonderful person.

Last edited by Raider : 11-17-2005 at 08:17 PM.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:42 PM
Who's On First?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider
Audience question:
Are you planning on recording a new album in the near future?

I'm not ready to go back into the studio yet, I'm still writing. That's going to take me a little bit of time. I don't know how long it will take, I'm still writing.

...this belies what she told that radio guy about the album being out the latter part of next year eh?!
Old 11-17-2005, 01:44 PM

Oh wow what an amazing interview!!! i have to get a copy of this!!!
Thank you so much for the summary of the show
Old 11-17-2005, 02:11 PM

Marilyn: Your sister lives in Ontario?

Shania: Both my sisters live in Ontario. Don't say where cause they have a hard enough time as is. Last visit we went to see my sisters. I took my little boy, Eja and I alone to our cottage. We had a great time. We went and picked leaves, went for walks. It was right at peak season. My sister ironed them in btw wax paper for use so Eja could take them back to bring them to show his school our Canadian leaves because they're not the same over there. Alot of leaf touring, We picked leaves, took long walks down our road. Just really great.

Marilyn: Do people know you live there?

Shania: They know I have a place there. People are good to me, they don't bother me. But someone(If your listening) kayaked by my cottage 5 times and we were out on the beach just enjoying ouselves, my sisters and I. Then she pulled out a camera, it was pretty obvious. Thought "Come on". I went back into the house and yelled "Why are you taking pictures of us?". She said "because we think your place is beautiful". and I said "Why don't you wait until we're not here and just photograph the place" People go to those northern lakes...even if you weren't famous you'd wait until the people aren't there to take pictures. I didn't want to be rude but I'm like I got to just get out, that's why I go there, that's why I come here.

Last edited by Raider : 11-17-2005 at 08:19 PM.
Post New Thread Reply