Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > Shania in the news
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 07-05-2003, 05:32 PM

Has anyone heard anything yet????
Old 07-05-2003, 05:52 PM
Men are like shoes...

I haven't heard anything yet. I have checked Yahoo! and WireImage, in hope of finding pictures. I hope we have some later tonight or in the morning.

Men are like shoes....made to confuse
There are so many of them...I don't know which ones to choose!
Old 07-05-2003, 07:22 PM

A review from Happygal at the forums:

Quote:

After nearly a four year absence from the Live stage, I got to see Shania Twain play live in Nowlan Park, Kilkenny today.

Proceeded by the OUTSTANDING Chriissie Hynde and the Pretenders (and the rather lacklustre, terribly manufactured girl group Girls Aloud), the gig kicked off at 8.30 p.m. - and Shania gave a sterling two hour performance, culminating with two encores, the second of which 'Your Still the One' leaving the (nearly) capacity crowd happy going out the gates.

It was a good gig. NOT a brilliant gig. A good gig!

Some of the highlights were actually Shania's insistence on bringing a young Armagh lass, named Colleen, up on stage to sing with her; her spectacular band - a string section to die for; and an amazing lighting rig.

Shania herself was energetic (but I think four years away from the live stage showed, as the patter and confidence with the audience took time to build - and never really got there).

However, the audience did enjoy the high energy, and throaty performance by the worlds favourite Canuck.

Shania forgot the words of one of her own songs at one stage, but covered up with a laugh, giggle and by calling in the assistance of one of her band.

She of course looked STUNNING, wearing two glittery trouser outfits (much to the chagrin of my boyfriend who had hoped for thigh high boots).

Anyway, for those who couldn't be there - that's the news from Ireland.

Old 07-05-2003, 07:29 PM

More info from Happygal:

Quote:

She opened up with 'Man, I Feel Like a Woman', and ended with 'Still the One'.

In between however was a jumble of her new album and the oldies, but goodies. There was everything from Juanita to the current single (Forever and For Always) and she did a kick *** version of That Don't Impress Me Much.

Old 07-05-2003, 07:37 PM
Men are like shoes...

I'm sure Shania had a case of the jumbles. It probably was scary thinking how people were going to react after 3 years being gone and a new album. Sound like she did just fine, she will be perfect for Hyde Park!! Still wish we had some pictures though!

Old 07-05-2003, 07:38 PM
Board Administrator

Is it time to go to Chicago yet??????

Shania forgot the words to AMOM when I saw her in 98, it was pretty funny.

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 07-05-2003, 07:41 PM
Board Administrator

I think one reason she did these promo shows, was to get her tour legs back. Plus to work out any kinks in the set list, etc.

I think by September at Tour Launch...all systems will be rockin' to give that awesome performace we remember from COO.

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 07-05-2003, 07:55 PM
Men are like shoes...

I hope Scotty got some good pictures. Can't wait to hear his review either.

Old 07-06-2003, 12:50 AM
#1 Shania Fan :)

This was posted by lita on the official fan club board. Thanks lita!!
---------------------
Forgive the typos if I make alot, I only just got in the door from the 180 miles drive home! It's now 5:15am, and we left for the show at 11am!

The concert was amazing! It as my first time seeing Shania live, I had expected it to be the best concert of my life before it, which could have been hard to live up to cause I have been to more of my fair share of excellent concerts for my age..

but Shania just blew the rest of them away, her concert was something else entirely.

For about an hour before the concert I had been going on to my sister about how she did that "Are you ready America?"....*cheers*..."I said, are you ready America?"...*more cheers*....then she comes out and says..."Let's go America!" on the Shania Twain Live video. I'm sure it was starting to annoy her lol, cause I kept on going "Are you ready Ireland?" and repeating the whole thing for our concert, saying I hoped she did that again. Then when 8:30pm came around, and all the band were out on stage, we hear "Are you ready Ireland?", that's probably when I screamed my loudest lol, cause she was doing that again and also cause I couldn't wait to see her.

Just before 'Don't Be Stupid' started, she called this girl up on stage who she said had sang along with every word of the concert so far, so she sang that song along with her. She was really nice to her, having one of the workers take a polaroid of the two of them and then she signed it and gave it to her.

In another break in between songs, out of nowhere she picked this bunch of girls out from the front row and said 'Ooh I want to get a picture' so she climbed down off the stage went over, signed autographs for them, and had the guy take another polaroid. All I could hear around me were things like "Awww that's so nice!" and "Oh, that's really brilliant that she does stuff like that for her fans". It was great

The funniest part of the concert was definitely during 'No One Needs To Know' when she sang her own lyrics wrong lol! She sang the start of one of the verses further into the song, instead of the start of the first one. I was singing along with it and thought I had got the lyrics wrong, and then she started laughing..and trying to sing at the same time . It was really funny. I can't believe she forgot her own lyrics. It was only one line though and she was back on track for the next one.
Towards the end, she came out in an Ireland top, which, needless to say, went down VERY well with the crowd.

When you looked around, everyone in sight looked like they were having the time of their lives, I've never seen that happen as much as it happened last night at a concert before. It was awesome.

She named what her new single is going to be aswell...in the UK anyway....Thank You Baby! One of my favourite songs on the album, I'm definitely very happy with that. It should do well in the charts.

I took down the song list if you guys want to know how it goes...here they are in order..

Man, I Feel Like A Woman
Up
Honey, I'm Home
She's Not Just A Pretty Face
It Only Hurts When I'm Breathing
Forever and For Always
KaChing
Don't Be Stupid
That Don't Impress Me Much
I'm Gonna Getcha Good
(Introduced her band)
From This Moment On
No One Needs To Know
Thank You Baby (For Makin' Someday Come So Soon)
When You Kiss Me (which she named her favourite ballad from Up!)
Juanita
Who's Bed Have Your Boots Been Under?
Any Man Of Mine
In My Car, I'll Be The Driver
(If You're Not In It For Love) I'm Outta Here!
Nah
Rock This Country
You're Still The One

A total of 22 songs, and 2 hours of live music...all I can say is thank you. It was the best show of my life. Here's to hoping it won't be long before she's back.
Old 07-06-2003, 12:59 AM

Wow, thanks for posting. So TYB is the new single in the UK, wonder if it is for the US. The setlist looks pretty good!!
Old 07-06-2003, 01:04 AM
Still The One!

thanks for concert report!!! i am so glad she still includes any man of mine - it is my fav shania song ever!
Old 07-06-2003, 01:06 AM

I'll be nasty and mention a song I would have been so sad not to hear... I'm Jealous. I would LOVE to hear that live.
Old 07-06-2003, 01:15 AM
#1 Shania Fan :)

Sonal,
I think she'll always sing AMOM at her concerts; it is a song loved by the fans and it was the song that really kicked things off!

Sheri,
I agree. I really hope she will sing I'm Jealous in the US. It is one of my favorite songs!
Old 07-06-2003, 03:04 AM
tower

Hi all,

1st review is in across on the forums http://www.shaniaforums.com and it mentions a
great string line up (yes Allison Cornell is back)

Also you all got a mention in the Timmins Daily
press I will try and find the letter and post it
in the usual Timmins section.

Tom @ Home for now.
Old 07-06-2003, 05:50 AM

Found this on the Web:

Inside Music
Shania ready for spring at Odyssey

02 July 2003

Shania Twain: Missing out on Stormont show.

COUNTRY music's glamour girl Shania Twain will announce a Belfast date next spring when she plays Nowlan Park in Kilkenny on Saturday.

It will be compensation for fans on this side of the border who are disappointed she can't make it to an open-air concert at Stormont this autumn.

Because of 37-year-old Shania's unavailability in September there will be no gig on the rolling lawns in the shadow of Carson's statue this year.

So Shania has come up with an alternative date for promoter Jim Aiken - either March or April at the Odyssey in 2004.

In the meantime, Miss Twain will be Patrick Kielty's guest on his Almost Live chat show on Friday night along with Meat Loaf, who is definitely on his way to the Odyssey for three nights in December.

On Saturday 8,000 dedicated fans will flood southwards to catch the lady in Kilkenny.

She will be singing her hits like Man! I Feel Like a Woman and I'm Gonna Getcha Good Honey.

Her current album Up is selling well but her last, Come on Over, is the biggest selling album of all time by a female artist at a figure of 34 million.

Shania, who is married to record producer John Lange, with whom she has a son Eja, will be telling PK on Friday how her parents were killed in a road accident after which she supported her four brothers and sisters singing for her supper in clubs and pubs.

http://www.headinout.co.uk/inside_m...sp?story=420967

So, can anyone there at the concert confirm if Shania mentioned a date for the N. Ireland cincert?

"I'm Gonna Getcha Good Honey" - Is that the missing 20th track of UP!. Or the first single on her UPcoming Yellow CD version! - LOL!
Post New Thread Reply