Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[] Still the One in Vegas!
[] Shania on Spanish TV
[] Shania on French TV
[] Shania in TIME!
[] Shania on Today Show
[] Shania at Grey Cup
[] Shania on Late Show
[] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[]Chatroom
[] Board Members Pics
[] Timmins Trip Photos!
[] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > North American Tour: Summer 2015
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 11-29-2003, 12:12 AM

Well, Meghan did go with me I just kept the Tylenol flowing

Met Steve and Sherry there, they were very nice and they had some great shirts on (photo will come later)

As far as merchandise, nothing new that I could see. I bought the denim button down shirt for myself with Up! on a maple leaf and Shania Twain embroidered on one sleeve and Meghan got the really cool Hockey Jersey! That thing is nice!

Shania looked really good! Wore a Rams jersey to begin with then went to the turqoiuse strap top, then to a Blues Jersey for the finale.
The crowd in the section I was in was very into the show! Meghan had her sign and at one point it was obvious Shania was squinting to try and read it! It said"May I please sing with you?" and she had all the Up! songs listed with battery powered Christmas lights around it...well it didn't work
two girls ended up singing with Shania that didn't know the words(that's always embarrassing)
The concert itself went like all the others So I'm don't know what more I can say.... Shania did mess up the words a couple times and that's always funny. "long cold lonely night" became "cold night" on TDIMM at one point, the music played and no one sang, she just ended to soon and to me it was obvious (Meg too).
Overall she sounded fine to me...WYKM, seems to give her troubles live. I think she needs to sit down and sing it instead of walking the perimeter of the stage. Also, FAFA she kept "Day" as she sang it on the Up Close show, One note. Sounds cool to me I didn't detect any cold or sore throat sound......Just that amazing Shania voice
Well, it's late so I'm off to bed!

Joni
Old 11-29-2003, 12:17 AM
Board Administrator

She usually sat down for the ballads, interesting.

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 11-29-2003, 12:54 AM

Glad you took Megan with you, and both of you had a wonderful time!
Old 11-29-2003, 02:31 PM

Glad to hear Meg got to go with you Joni, and it's great to hear that both of you had fun together.

YAY!!!

I'm havin' me a party!!!
Old 11-29-2003, 02:44 PM

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/en...s+f ans+anyway

Shania Twain
Kevin Johnson
Post-Dispatch Pop Music Critic
11/29/2003

Shania Twain
(AP)

Shania Twain's a little bit country, and a little bit rock 'n' roll, but the sum of her parts still don't impress me much.

OK, how can one resist such a quip when Twain has a popular song title like "That Don't Impress Me Much,'' one of the many hits the is-she-country, is-she-rock music sensation doled out to a house full of hungry fans at the Savvis Center on Friday night.

Twain always has been a curious superstar, as loved as she is scrutinized. She's a Nashville outsider with a rock producer husband who bested the tight-knit country community at its own game with her staggering success. Neither Britney Spears, Madonna, or Janet Jackson have a CD that has sold more than the 18 million in sales Twain saw of her "Come On Over.'' Twain's mixing of genres gives her as many fans as detractors; her singing skills always seemed only ordinary; and her wholesomeness resembles that of a beauty pageant queen.

But her loyal fans eat it up, showering her with support from her opening "Man! I Feel Like a Woman!'' fake-out to her hyped-up "Rock This Country!'' closer.

After her band, including Kirkwood native Brent Barcus on guitar, strolled down the aisles and made their way to the stage in the round, a silhouette revealed what looked like a costumed Twain. But it was only a decoy, while the real Twain appeared on the arena floor, also walking through the crowd, dwarfed by her bodyguard and the St. Louis Rams jersey she wore.

Twain's two-hour show felt restrained compared to the Twain we've seen before, the rock chick with the outlandish outfits. This time, she presented herself as a regular gal, and left the dominatrix gear at home. She kept her show simple and straightforward, if also monotonous, plowing through hit after hit while circling the stage. Her merry band, featuring an impressive fiddle trio, helped keep things moving in mostly upbeat fashion on songs like "Up!,'' "Honey I'm Home,'' and the strangely ABBA-sounding "C'est La Vie.''

The pleasing ditty "Forever and For Always'' was among the slower songs that calmed things down. She performed the song sitting on a rotating stool. "You're Still the One'' and "From This Moment On'' (with a showy solo from Barcus) were also momentary downbeat moments. But such occurrences were rare, as Twain preferred to keep the show "Up!,'' in name and in feel. About a third of the songs came from her year-old "Up!,'' a double disc CD in which she recorded pop and country versions of the same tune.

"Love Gets Me Everytime,'' "She's Not Just a Pretty Face,'' "Don't Be Stupid (You Know I Love You)'' and " Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under'' (with a quick nod to Nancy Sinatra) were among the many songs that kept the momentum going.

Teens introduced by Twain as "your local drummers'' noisily punched up "(If You're Not in It for Love) I'm Outta Here!'' Barcus got a separate introduction early on by Twain, who kept stressing he was "from here, right here, your town, your hometown,'' without saying St. Louis.

What Twain may lack in sheer presence (it was too easy to look away), she makes up for in her strong connection to fans. She signed autographs and accepted gifts, sat in the crowd during acoustic guitar ballad "Woman in Me (Needs the Man in You),'' and took pictures with two girls on stage and letting them sing.

The band Emerson Drive opened the concert.
Old 11-29-2003, 03:05 PM

The above reviewer - Kevin Johnson keeps contradicting himself. First he says the show is monotonous, then it was mostly upbeat and the show was UP! in name and feel. Then he makes the erroneous connection of WBHYBBU to the Nancy Sinatra song - WBHYBBU has got nothing to do with a "with a quick nod to Nancy Sinatra" unless he is referring to the one line where Shania may or may not say depending on the show - Come On Boots - Start Walking". Then he is disappointed that Shania does not perform her concerts in "dominatrix gear". Finally he says she lacks stage presence - wrong - Shania has great stage presence and charisma IMO.

Last edited by Knight1 : 11-29-2003 at 03:08 PM.
Old 11-29-2003, 03:06 PM

It's a good review eventually, he doesn't like her (his loss) but did noticed what is really important: her connection with the fans, and the fans love it.

Just one thing about the ordinary singing>>blah blah (too bad it's not a song title of her)
Old 11-29-2003, 03:08 PM
Board Administrator

Think he deserves to earn that $20,000 after taxes??? We could send him emails for his cheap shots.

I think we have been insulted.

-Chris

Old 11-29-2003, 03:12 PM
Board Administrator

The more critic reviews I read, the more that Toby song is the truth.

-Chris

Old 11-29-2003, 05:45 PM

The concert was great, as usual!! It was wonderful to finally meet Joni (and Meghan!). We're glad that Meghan got to go after all.
We had a blast. Like Joni says, there were a few bloopers....but hey, that's okay!!

We sat next to a young couple who had come from Wisconsin. They were also at the Chicago concert. Afterwards, we also met a woman who had just experienced her first Shania concert and she was wayyyyyy UP!! It was great to meet someone who was so thrilled.

Steve got a big thank you from security for protecting Shania-ha, ha! Well, that might be stretching it a bit, but he really did help out with one problem guy and was thanked!! He also hi-fived BB!! All in all, very awesome!!

We've got pictures, both digital and some we'll have to develop. We are having some technical difficulties, but will try to get some pics posted soon.

Steve and Sherry
Old 11-29-2003, 07:47 PM
cross-stitching nut

Quote:
Originally posted by steve
The concert was great, as usual!! It was wonderful to finally meet Joni (and Meghan!). We're glad that Meghan got to go after all.
We had a blast. Like Joni says, there were a few bloopers....but hey, that's okay!!

We sat next to a young couple who had come from Wisconsin. They were also at the Chicago concert. Afterwards, we also met a woman who had just experienced her first Shania concert and she was wayyyyyy UP!! It was great to meet someone who was so thrilled.

Steve got a big thank you from security for protecting Shania-ha, ha! Well, that might be stretching it a bit, but he really did help out with one problem guy and was thanked!! He also hi-fived BB!! All in all, very awesome!!

We've got pictures, both digital and some we'll have to develop. We are having some technical difficulties, but will try to get some pics posted soon.

Steve and Sherry

Looking forward to seeing your pictures!

Joni, I'm glad that you took Meghan and had a great time.

"Find Your Self Esteem And Be Forever Free To Dream" - Shania Twain
Old 11-29-2003, 08:37 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Knight1
The above reviewer - Kevin Johnson keeps contradicting himself. First he says the show is monotonous, then it was mostly upbeat and the show was UP! in name and feel. Then he makes the erroneous connection of WBHYBBU to the Nancy Sinatra song - WBHYBBU has got nothing to do with a "with a quick nod to Nancy Sinatra" unless he is referring to the one line where Shania may or may not say depending on the show - Come On Boots - Start Walking". Then he is disappointed that Shania does not perform her concerts in "dominatrix gear". Finally he says she lacks stage presence - wrong - Shania has great stage presence and charisma IMO.

Yeah, and Shania never dressed as a dominatrix....unless he is alluding to MIFLAW.

-Chris

Old 11-29-2003, 08:38 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by steve

Steve and Sherry

Can't wait to see the pics!!! If you want I can post them on my site with the other tour pictures people have been sending me.
I have such a backlog of pictures to post too.

-Chris

Old 11-29-2003, 09:38 PM

Yeah, and Shania never dressed as a dominatrix....unless he is alluding to MIFLAW. - Chris

Either that or possibly the Superbowl outfit which the media dubbed as dominatrix - to me it wasn't a dominatrix attire at all. It was merely a very visually pleasing, form-fitting, cool, simple made for a billion viewer worldwide TV audience entertainment outfit. Lots of people could wear that - right? - Lol!
Old 11-29-2003, 09:41 PM
Administrator

Thanks Joni, Sherry and Steve for the wonderful review! Cannot wait to see the photos..it sounds like another GREAT Shania concert..and Sherry the fact that that woman experienced her very first Shania concert it means more and more fans who are Super happy during this tour!