Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > Shania in the news
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 05-08-2014, 09:14 AM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

Shania Twain Raises Her Voice For Wild Leopards

SHANIA TWAIN RAISES HER VOICE FOR WILD LEOPARDS

Shania Twain Joins with Panthera to Launch "Project Pardus" – The First Global Conservation Initiative for Wild Leopards

New York, NY – Shania Twain today announced a new role in her extraordinary career, as a big cat conservationist with the world’s leading cat conservation organization, Panthera. Twain, international superstar, and the world's best-selling female country artist of all time is the Global Ambassador for Panthera's newly launched leopard conservation initiative, Project Pardus.

"The image and spirit of the leopard is an inspiration to millions around the world, including myself," said Shania. "That it is also the most oppressed of the big cats is almost unknown. If we're to save this animal in the wild, we have to get ahead of the curve before it suffers the same fate as so many other species that we once felt to be secure in their numbers. I feel privileged to give back to a creature that depends for its future on what we do now to save it...and I urge the wider world to join Panthera and me in this mission."

"Shania got the nature of the challenge, and embraced the mantle, immediately. She has now become a role model...yet again. Shania's passion for nature is an integral part of who she is, and her empathy for wildlife is inspirational. What Shania has done to translate her charismatic identification with the leopard, and to join with Panthera to raise the red flags regarding the leopard's future, is a huge breakthrough for our cause. Moreover, by "giving back" to an animal that has a "global brand but not a copyright", she is leading the way in showing that all who benefit from and indeed enjoy the iconic image of the big cats should welcome the opportunity to save them.

I think this is great! It's just another example of how Shania keeps caring about important issues. For the whole article, go here: http://www.panthera.org/blog/press-...e-wild-leopards

Steve
Old 05-08-2014, 12:21 PM
Board Administrator

Cool!! It is kind of interesting that the video TDIMM fits in with the theme of the campaign. Since the leopard is threatened by man, and Shania is too in the video..lol

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Post New Thread Reply