Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > General
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 05-09-2005, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by limited
The hangers on out of work! That would be wonderful! What a concept! Original fresh material and styles. Radio would actually be worth listening to again if that would happen. I don't know how Nashville keeps going with the same old trash year after year. The public deserves better, and if they ever wake up and stop buying and listening to this junk, maybe things would change. Until then, the Nashville garbage machine will not see a penny of my money. I WILL BE A SHANIA FAN FOREVER!!

Limited

I have no problem with that concept...Shania Forever!

Benjamin
Old 05-10-2005, 04:32 AM

Send a message via AIM to resessions
Quote:
Originally posted by cbspock
I think we have discussed this in the past, but Shania is a huge threat to Music Row. She has become successful inspite of the system. She is basically independant of them. If more artists chose Shania's path, the hangers on on the Row would be out of a job.

-Chris

I agree Chris. When it was apherent that Music Row was indicating that it's either, "My way or the Highway", Shania opted for the highway and found herself on one heck of a ride.

Music Row can't stand the loss of power to control how they think music should be played and presented. Shania has not only proven them wrong, but has become the best selling female artist of all time in the process.

As I was watching a newly received VHS tape of IANQ last night (Thanks to my friend that sent it ) I saw it for the first time on TV instead of computer and think there are two more subtle messages:

One: Shania is not your typical stereptype female recording artist. She stands out and is noticed right away as someone unique and different from preconcieved notions such as Music Row would demand. I think this is cleverly represented in the fact the the strength of the female cowgirls that teach Music Row a thing or two is represented by two talented African American cowgirl dancers who certainly would not be the people Music Row would cast in the role.....Quite opposite from "He loves Blond Chicks"

Two: The only time Shania is not on any of the TV screens throughout the bar is when the three cowboys finally "get it" and start to dance to the music with the true expression they learned from the women. At that point, the TV shows two hands playing the Steel Guitar, a very industry unique instrument being played while the cowboys for the first time are being creative. I'm telling ya, that Ain't No Coincidence.
Old 05-10-2005, 06:38 AM
Board Administrator

It is insteresting while Shania is bringing people together in her video, country radio is in the process of tearing country music apart. I really think country music is becoming even more fractured that it has in the past.

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 05-10-2005, 10:16 PM
Board Administrator

Hey Sheri, post your idea about the Green piano!

-Chris

Old 05-10-2005, 10:21 PM

Re: Quitter Code Backlash?

Quote:
Originally posted by limited
Since Quitter is not doing well at radio yet, do you think that all of this "Quitter Code" talk here is being read by the haters at radio and they are boycotting the song in protest to our comments? I really hope not, but this is a possibility.
Personally, I can't think of any reason why anybody would hate Shania. She is very talented, a kind decent person and has never said a bad word about anybody in the business. She is simply the best and the most unique sound in music!!

Hi Limited,

These Quitter Code threads sure have been interesting. But I kinda doubt they're read widely enough to influence boycotts in the song's air play. If there is some glitch in market access or exposure, the crossed wire's probably somewhere else, so to speak. But I'm sure you got 'em free of sparks and shorts in Wausau. I'll be comin' thru there in a few weeks. Will try to remember to turn my radio on and see what's happenin there.
Old 05-11-2005, 05:01 AM
PROUD SHANIA FAN!

Shania is rarely played on radio around here.Very sad

Success is related to standing out, not fitting in!
Old 05-12-2005, 01:37 AM

Another thing I was thinking about as I was driving tonight is that in this video, she uses alot of clenched fists which isn't very typical of her in other videos.. Sort of in an "I'm standing my own ground" kind of mentality...not that I'm going to fight you because I want to brawl but more of a stand and fight for what I believe in if necessary attitude. You Go Girl !!!!
Old 05-12-2005, 06:37 AM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by resessions
Another thing I was thinking about as I was driving tonight is that in this video, she uses alot of clenched fists which isn't very typical of her in other videos.. Sort of in an "I'm standing my own ground" kind of mentality...not that I'm going to fight you because I want to brawl but more of a stand and fight for what I believe in if necessary attitude. You Go Girl !!!!

Just look at the theme of her perfume line. "The Will of a Woman".

"I believe strongly in the strength and ability of women," says the five-time Grammy® winner. "This fragrance is about living life and pursuing your dreams. It's about believing in yourself......"The fragrance represents the qualities that I try to embody each day: strength and confidence, independence and love of life,"

-Chris

Old 06-05-2005, 04:35 PM
Board Administrator

*bump*

-Chris

Old 06-06-2005, 12:16 AM
tower

I am shocked Chris at the number of Country Music stations in the USA from my Radio Year contact book who have changed over to AC, Oldies, News, Talk Sport or other formats. If that is a barometer then Nashville has a lot more to worry about than Shania not giving them a share of her earnings.
Old 06-06-2005, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tower
I am shocked Chris at the number of Country Music stations in the USA from my Radio Year contact book who have changed over to AC, Oldies, News, Talk Sport or other formats. If that is a barometer then Nashville has a lot more to worry about than Shania not giving them a share of her earnings.

Well that is the trend here Tom and it can only continue as country radio continues to lose more people to the other formats...Pretty soon country will merge with the other formats on radio...People will realize that country is not any more special than the other formats and will be just other music to listen too just as Shania did when she was growing up in Timmins...

Benjamin
Old 08-25-2006, 07:47 AM

During Fan/Con4, Tracy said she made the Green Piano for the IANQ display because of how much she liked the concept of this thread. So when I returned home, I had to pull this thread up and read it again. This has been a fun re-read. Hopefully you'll find it so too. And frankly after not having looked at this thread from quite some time, I still believe there is something very valid about this "Quitter Code". The messages certainly seem to be there.
Old 08-25-2006, 08:34 AM

I would not mind if those messages would finally embodied (if that's the right world here?) in a new album.

errr, soon...
Old 08-25-2006, 10:35 AM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jud
I would not mind if those messages would finally embodied (if that's the right world here?) in a new album.

errr, soon...

So you don't want them hidden, but rather an in your face Shania album I could go for that.

-Chris

Old 08-25-2006, 10:49 AM

Hidden or not, just used the opportunity to express my wish for new music...soon