Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[] Still the One in Vegas!
[] Shania on Spanish TV
[] Shania on French TV
[] Shania in TIME!
[] Shania on Today Show
[] Shania at Grey Cup
[] Shania on Late Show
[] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[]Chatroom
[] Board Members Pics
[] Timmins Trip Photos!
[] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > Shania in the news
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 11-01-2004, 09:28 PM

The CMA 2004

here you can watch the CBS commercial:

http://www.cbs.com/specials/38cma/
Old 11-01-2004, 09:34 PM
#1 Shania Fan :)

They call Gretchen a SUPERSTAR! What???

And Faith is performing? Wow.
Old 11-01-2004, 09:46 PM

Love the Shania pyros!!

SNJAPF is playing in the background, they show 2 shots from the Dallas special, and one shot from last years CMA
Old 11-01-2004, 10:02 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by talkalot24

And Faith is performing? Wow.

Interesting.

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 11-01-2004, 11:32 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shaniafan2000 Send a message via Yahoo to Shaniafan2000
Quote:
Originally posted by talkalot24

My thoughts exactly. Oh well go figure, Nashville's perspectives are distorted anyway to say the least , their calling her a superstar has as much significance as Kasey Kasem saying "Party For Two" sucks.....in other words none at all... Shania will show everyone there who the real superstar is....just for personal and selfish reasons, I would love to hear her sing "I Ain't No Quitter!" there, I would just love seeing the audience's jaws drop...though I'm sure it's going to be Party for Two!, which is great as well.

~Steven

"I'd love to wake up smiling, full of the joys of Spring, and hear on CNN that Elvis lives again And that John's back with The Beatles and they're going out on tour. I'll be the first in line for tickets -- gotta see that show for sure."

~Lyrics from When by Shania Twain and R.J. "Mutt" Lange.

Last edited by Shaniafan2000 : 11-01-2004 at 11:36 PM.
Old 11-02-2004, 04:45 AM

Faith & Willie Nelson are going to perform in tribute to Kris Kristofferson, during his Hall of Fame Induction. Maybe Faith will sing "Me & Bobbie McGee". Now there's something worth tuning in for!
Old 11-02-2004, 09:20 AM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

Quote:
Originally posted by tides24
Faith & Willie Nelson are going to perform in tribute to Kris Kristofferson, during his Hall of Fame Induction. Maybe Faith will sing "Me & Bobbie McGee". Now there's something worth tuning in for!

Faith does not sing it like Janis Joplin did. That was my favorite. Actually, I really enjoyed Sheryl Crow's version on Willie Nelson's 70th Birthday Party.

As far as the CBS preview goes? It certainly is interesting that no matter what award show pops up they always use Shania as the "grabber" to get you to watch it. Seems like they could've been a little more creative this time and not used scenes from her old Dallas Special. I will watch until she performs, or at least I will make sure my surfing keeps a close eye so that I don't miss it. Otherwise, I don't watch the "same-old-same-old" stuff.

Steve
Old 11-02-2004, 03:32 PM

Whenever there are any country award shows Nashville will "USE" the hell outta Shania & her name & it's getting a bit ridiculous! Funny how Shania doesn't need Nashville, but they certainly NEED her! They couldn't make it anymore obvious. I agree I would LOVE to hear her sing "I Ain't No Quitter" - just to stick it to them.
Old 11-02-2004, 07:09 PM

Yep I seen the commercial and just shake my head.....Oh well NASHVILLE will get theirs, they know the truth, just afraid to admit it. My local radio station has this news bit and they mentioned all the artists that will be on the CMAs and they used everyones full name, but one.......SHANIA! That says it all, Shania does not need a last name for people to know who she is.
Old 11-03-2004, 02:42 PM
Board Administrator

and everytime they use Shania, she is using them. Just look at the free exposure she is getting.

-Chris

Old 11-03-2004, 02:57 PM
Board Administrator

HOT DISH: Shania and the CMA Awards

Well, it's push-up bra time again in Tennessee. Time for girls to drag out long dresses to see if we can push and shove around body parts and maybe make 'em fit. Until now, with the CMA Awards staring us in the face, we didn't realize how much we've consumed and how little we've exercised.

On the other side of the coin, heaven forbid, our male counterparts have to get fitted for a tux. Can't you girls just hear those big, burly men whining? Acting like babies, they carry on and cuss like they're having wisdom teeth extracted.

It's exciting, though. Adding to the excitement, ABC-TV's Good Morning America is loading up and hauling it down to Music Town on Nov. 5 to broadcast the first of a half-dozen live performances in its Women Rule concert series. Weather permitting, a live Shania Twain concert will originate from Lower Broadway in downtown Nashville. Streets will be roped off by 6 a.m. Shania will sing about four songs, including her chart-rising duet with Billy Currington, "Party for Two."

Talking about A-team entertainers, the CMA has 'em this year. Tim McGraw, who gave a stellar performance on the Radio Music Awards this past week, will open the CMA Awards on Nov. 9 with "How Bad Do You Want It." Special guest Twain will repeat "Party for Two" with Currington in hopes of kicking the single up a notch at radio. They've even conjured up a singalong of "Hey Good Lookin'" by Jimmy Buffett with buds Alan Jackson, George Strait, Toby Keith, Kenny Chesney and Clint Black. Like on the new single, Patty Loveless will add vocals to Jackson's chart-climbing "Monday Morning Church," and Brad Paisley will be joined by duet partner Alison Krauss to perform their nominated hit, "Whiskey Lullaby." Horizon Award nominees Gretchen Wilson, Dierks Bentley, Big & Rich, Josh Turner and Julie Roberts are also set to perform. Look at the Horizon lineup! These artists are already household names. Everybody even knows Dierks' dog is named Jake.

I wonder if Brooks & Dunn have been taking Vince Gill hosting lessons? If so, I look for them to bolt on stage riding scooters with nude blow-up dolls behind like they have on the road, that is, if the Coors twins are not available. Between talking, B&D will perform, as will Keith Urban, Martina McBride, Sara Evans, Reba McEntire, Terri Clark, Rascal Flatts, Montgomery Gentry, Chesney, Keith and the cowboy, King Strait. I know Kix and Ronnie will do a grand hosting job, but I will miss Vince Gill. Vince had that gig down pat.

http://www.cmt.com/news/articles/14...?headlines=true

Old 11-04-2004, 08:06 PM
Board Administrator

They are using Shania a lot in their commercials.

-Chris

Old 11-05-2004, 01:29 AM

CMA's is always shown in Finland.
Great to see Shania perform again!

WU-HUU!!!
Old 11-05-2004, 04:51 AM

The Stars Cover the Stars of the 2004 CMA Awards

Friday November 5, 10:30 am ET
Robin Leach; Emily Procter of "CSI Miami"; Steve R. Schirripa of "The Sopranos"; CBS News Anchor Hannah Storm and More Report on "Country Music's Biggest Night"

NASHVILLE, Nov. 5 /PRNewswire/ -- Not all of the celebrities in attendance at "The 38th Annual CMA Awards" will be performing on stage when the event airs live from the Grand Ole Opry House in Nashville on Tuesday, Nov. 9 (8:00 - 11:00 PM/EST) on the CBS Television Network. Several actors, nationally known journalists and entertainment show hosts will be on the CMA Red Carpet, at rehearsals or at other-related festivities reporting on all the events and excitement leading up to "Country Music's Biggest Night(TM)."

CBS News anchor Hannah Storm will bring CBS "The Early Show" back to the Grand Ole Opry House for interviews with Toby Keith and Shania Twain, as well as live reports on Tuesday morning, Nov. 9. "CSI: Miami" star Emily Procter ("Calleigh DuQuesne") will join with correspondent Maria Menounos for "Entertainment Tonight's" coverage from rehearsals and the CMA Red Carpet. And Robin Leach, the keeper of champagne wishes and caviar dreams, makes his CMA Awards debut by hosting a 30 minute live pre-show from the Red Carpet for all CBS affiliates owned by the Meredith Corporation. Leach's show is produced by WGCL-TV, the Atlanta CBS affiliate.

"The Sopranos" star Steve R. Schirripa ("Bobby Baccalieri") will serve as correspondent for "The Tonight Show," as he films segments with several of the nominees during their rehearsals, which will air on Thursday, Nov. 11. Former "American Idol" Season Two contestant Kimberly Caldwell will be on hand to check out the musical competition for the TV Guide Channel. The 2003 CMA Media Achievement Award winner Denise Quan returns to cover the CMA Awards for CNN. And April Woodard will report for "Inside Edition."

Katie Cook and Lance Smith will co-host "CMA Red Carpet 2004" for CMT. Cook will also interview artists in the press room for "CMT Insider." Storme Warren will be on hand for GAC's "Country Music Across America." And Elissa Lansdell (aka Mrs. Keech Rainwater of Lonestar) will be on the CMA Red Carpet with CMT Canada.

CMA Awards hosts Brooks & Dunn will host MJI Programming's CMA Awards Preview Special, a three-hour radio special airing Nov. 5-9 in advance of the CMA Awards, featuring music and interviews from the leading nominees. Phil Vassar, who just released his new album Shaken Not Stirred, will host MJI Programming's first-ever live CMA Red Carpet Audio Feed. As the official radio partner of CMA, MJI Programming is also offering a live stereo audio feed of the CMA Awards telecast and a live one-hour backstage post-show with the winners.

Brooks & Dunn will also participate in a CBS television satellite tour on Monday, Nov. 8. During this time, the duo will be seen live on the nationally- syndicated television program "Good Day Live." They will also participate in live or taped interviews with more than 25 CBS affiliates, including Albany, Baltimore, Chicago, Dallas, Indianapolis, Miami, Minneapollis, Nashville, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Raleigh, Sacramento, Salt Lake City and more.

BBC Radio 2 will once again broadcast a live audio special to the United Kingdom from backstage at the Grand Ole Opry House. An edited version of "The 38th Annual CMA Awards" will air on BBC 2 Television on Nov. 13 in the United Kingdom.

More than 400 journalists, reporters and crew members are credentialed for the 2004 CMA Awards. These media outlets are from across the nation and around the globe, including countries such as Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, and the United Kingdom. Television shows including "Access Hollywood" and "Extra," and CBS television affiliates from across the country including Birmingham, Chattanooga, Cleveland, Columbia, Kalamazoo, Knoxville, Little Rock, Nashville, New York City, Oklahoma City, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Saginaw, San Antonio and Syracuse will be on the Red Carpet and in the pressroom. Newswires including Reuters and UPI; and publications such as Entertainment Weekly, Country Music Today Magazine, In Touch Weekly, People Magazine, Rolling Stone, Star Magazine and US Weekly will be covering the glitz and glamour of the event.

Fans can also read about the CMA Awards and its participating artists as well. Associated Press will deliver several CMA Awards-related stories to its subscribing news services over the next week, including features focusing on 2004 Country Music Hall of Fame inductee Kris Kristofferson as well as the multi-nominated Brad Paisley/Alison Krauss hit single "Whiskey Lullaby" written by Country Music Hall of Fame member Bill Anderson. Five-time nominee Kenny Chesney is on the cover of the current issue of Country Weekly which spotlights the CMA Awards. Two-time nominee Tim McGraw is featured in the November issue of Reader's Digest. Special Guest Shania Twain is on the cover of TV Guide (Nov. 7-13). USA Today will have a full page photo essay on the CMA Awards and five-time nominee Gretchen Wilson on Nov. 9. Horizon nominees Dierks Bentley and Julie Roberts will be featured in the Nov. 7 issue of USA Weekend.

Four CBS video news releases containing artist interview bytes and b-roll from rehearsals will be available for television news outlets via satellite on Sunday night (Nov. 7), Monday morning and evening (Nov. 8), and Tuesday morning (Nov. 9). In 2003 this VNR footage was seen by over 36 million viewers in advance of the CMA Awards.

The CMA Awards are produced by Walter C. Miller, directed by Paul Miller and scripted by David Wild. MJI Programming, a Division of Premiere Radio Networks, is the official radio packager of the CMA Awards, which includes Red Carpet coverage and a stereo-radio simulcast of the event. American Airlines is the Official Airline of the 2004 CMA Awards.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Source: Country Music Association
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/041105/clf018_1.html
Old 11-05-2004, 05:01 AM
Who's On First?

...Desperate Housewives are on the cover of this week's upcoming TVGuide and there is a Shania interview with photos inside, right?
Post New Thread Reply