Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[] Still the One in Vegas!
[] Shania on Spanish TV
[] Shania on French TV
[] Shania in TIME!
[] Shania on Today Show
[] Shania at Grey Cup
[] Shania on Late Show
[] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[]Chatroom
[] Board Members Pics
[] Timmins Trip Photos!
[] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > The Former Shania Centre in Timmins
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #16  
Old 11-20-2004, 11:33 AM
frenchcoyote's Avatar
frenchcoyote frenchcoyote is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Hamilton ont. canada
Posts: 77
HiKelly

Thanks for the great night at Mendez! Just a bit of info for you. When we left there was a police car in the parking lot. When I pulled out onto airport road it started to follow me and sure enough not a minute later it's lights went on and pulled me over.
The police officer says she was doing a routine check and asked me where I'd been that night. She knew full well I'd just come from your bar as she followed me the whole way. I told her Mendez. Then she asked me what I had drank there and I told her "tea" and she raised her eyebrows at me. It was true! Needless to say she asked me loads of questions and of course I had forgotten my drivers licence etc at the hotel so after a $220 fine (with a warning I had 72 hours to take my stuff to the police station and they'd rip the ticket up) I was on my way. First time in my life I have been pulled over and first time in my life I didn't have my documents! Anyway just wanted to let you know that as when I told people the next day they told me it was illegal for cops to follow people from bars. I had never heard that but whatever. Seems like she had your place staked out, so just wanted you to know.
Lyn
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-20-2004, 01:36 PM
tower
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally posted by MendezII
I just want to thank those fans who came out to Mendez 2, on Monday November 3rd, either for dinner, or to rock the night away by singing karaoke and dancing.

Congratulations to our winners, Ivory, Kim and Richard for a job well done.

I hope to see you all again during next summer's fan convention.

Kelly Yanta,
Owner and operator
Mendez II.


Nice to be back Kelly, look forward to winning that 1000 Bucks sweeper this weekend
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-21-2004, 09:19 PM
resessions's Avatar
resessions resessions is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Goshen, IN
Posts: 2,070
Send a message via AIM to resessions
Kelly,

We all had a fantastic time at your establisment and couldn't have been a better mix of Timmins locals with us Imports for fun, laughter and song. All of your servers were very polite and attentive to our needs. The food was great, the drinks wet the whistle and the Karaoke was alot of fun. I'm certain that all of us will be back however expect the place to be packed because the convention this last August had double the number of delegates as 2003 and with what I've seen in the various Shania websites messageboards like this, I have no doubt the numbers in 2005 will be nearly double from this year. Better order extra cases of everything for that weekend.....we'll be there.

Good luck Tom on the 1000 buck sweeper!

Best regards,
Richard Sessions
__________________
UP, UP UP can only go UP from here !!!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-21-2004, 10:14 PM
Jason T's Avatar
Jason T Jason T is offline
Thank you Shania !
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally posted by frenchcoyote
HiKelly

Thanks for the great night at Mendez! Just a bit of info for you. When we left there was a police car in the parking lot. When I pulled out onto airport road it started to follow me and sure enough not a minute later it's lights went on and pulled me over.
The police officer says she was doing a routine check and asked me where I'd been that night. She knew full well I'd just come from your bar as she followed me the whole way. I told her Mendez. Then she asked me what I had drank there and I told her "tea" and she raised her eyebrows at me. It was true! Needless to say she asked me loads of questions and of course I had forgotten my drivers licence etc at the hotel so after a $220 fine (with a warning I had 72 hours to take my stuff to the police station and they'd rip the ticket up) I was on my way. First time in my life I have been pulled over and first time in my life I didn't have my documents! Anyway just wanted to let you know that as when I told people the next day they told me it was illegal for cops to follow people from bars. I had never heard that but whatever. Seems like she had your place staked out, so just wanted you to know.
Lyn


Well poor you lyn when you forget it once that when it happends poor you well they rip the ticket drinking tea is not a crime lol

jason xx
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-21-2004, 10:14 PM
Jason T's Avatar
Jason T Jason T is offline
Thank you Shania !
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally posted by frenchcoyote
HiKelly

Thanks for the great night at Mendez! Just a bit of info for you. When we left there was a police car in the parking lot. When I pulled out onto airport road it started to follow me and sure enough not a minute later it's lights went on and pulled me over.
The police officer says she was doing a routine check and asked me where I'd been that night. She knew full well I'd just come from your bar as she followed me the whole way. I told her Mendez. Then she asked me what I had drank there and I told her "tea" and she raised her eyebrows at me. It was true! Needless to say she asked me loads of questions and of course I had forgotten my drivers licence etc at the hotel so after a $220 fine (with a warning I had 72 hours to take my stuff to the police station and they'd rip the ticket up) I was on my way. First time in my life I have been pulled over and first time in my life I didn't have my documents! Anyway just wanted to let you know that as when I told people the next day they told me it was illegal for cops to follow people from bars. I had never heard that but whatever. Seems like she had your place staked out, so just wanted you to know.
Lyn


Well poor you lyn when you forget it once that when it happends poor you well they rip the ticket drinking tea is not a crime lol

jason xx
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 11-21-2004, 10:14 PM
Jason T's Avatar
Jason T Jason T is offline
Thank you Shania !
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally posted by frenchcoyote
HiKelly

Thanks for the great night at Mendez! Just a bit of info for you. When we left there was a police car in the parking lot. When I pulled out onto airport road it started to follow me and sure enough not a minute later it's lights went on and pulled me over.
The police officer says she was doing a routine check and asked me where I'd been that night. She knew full well I'd just come from your bar as she followed me the whole way. I told her Mendez. Then she asked me what I had drank there and I told her "tea" and she raised her eyebrows at me. It was true! Needless to say she asked me loads of questions and of course I had forgotten my drivers licence etc at the hotel so after a $220 fine (with a warning I had 72 hours to take my stuff to the police station and they'd rip the ticket up) I was on my way. First time in my life I have been pulled over and first time in my life I didn't have my documents! Anyway just wanted to let you know that as when I told people the next day they told me it was illegal for cops to follow people from bars. I had never heard that but whatever. Seems like she had your place staked out, so just wanted you to know.
Lyn


Well poor you lyn when you forget it once that when it happends poor you well they rip the ticket drinking tea is not a crime lol

jason xx
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-22-2004, 11:00 AM
tower
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Hey Richard. We trasferred the sweeper to Nikki's as Medez has a license problem hopefully restored soon and had a great time, I lost 30 bucks but it could of been worse as I went half with Nikki on my tickets as they had all sold out.

Great game, but not football - more like Rugby with extra padding and no scrums. Great fun for all that and Nikki served up a storm with a free buffet of Chilli and eats for all who attended that nigh.

Great night and good sports too. Teri and George in Timmins Web send you all best regards. WX +1 deg C and snow.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-22-2004, 11:37 AM
resessions's Avatar
resessions resessions is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Goshen, IN
Posts: 2,070
Send a message via AIM to resessions
Yep, I saw the update Ren gave about the license hiccup at MendezII and sound like things will eventually work themselves out. Good thinking to switch it over to Nikki's. Even when you don't win, the anticipation of winning while watching the game with freinds, food and drink is what the real reward is anyway.

Send our Luvs -n- Hugs back to Nikki, Terri, George....heck...the whole lot actually.

Cheers,
=Richard=
__________________
UP, UP UP can only go UP from here !!!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-22-2004, 05:45 PM
corran corran is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Leonardtown, Maryland 20650
Posts: 6,618
Quote:
Originally posted by resessions
Yep, I saw the update Ren gave about the license hiccup at MendezII and sound like things will eventually work themselves out. Good thinking to switch it over to Nikki's. Even when you don't win, the anticipation of winning while watching the game with freinds, food and drink is what the real reward is anyway.

Send our Luvs -n- Hugs back to Nikki, Terri, George....heck...the whole lot actually.

Cheers,
=Richard=


Richard

I love Nikki's bar next to the Day's Inn...That is where we all got together when we first arrived in Timmins...Really cool atmosphere...Loved all the fans there too...Hope to be there next year again...

Benjamin
__________________
In This Awesome Universe of ours, sometimes we only have each other !!!

Last edited by corran : 11-22-2004 at 05:52 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-23-2004, 10:36 AM
tower
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally posted by corran
Richard

I love Nikki's bar next to the Day's Inn...That is where we all got together when we first arrived in Timmins...Really cool atmosphere...Loved all the fans there too...Hope to be there next year again...

Benjamin


Yes Nikki's is good for the soul. Nikki does not have customers. If you visit more than the once you become a part of her extended family and I just love to hang out there when I can.

House is looking cool Richard now with the Love Chair and Sofa, entertainment unit and a Mini Bar and all my paintings and Shania things dotted around. Still have one orange left from the Fruit but I will have that tommorow AM for sure.

This PM I am mounting the small Philips TV in the Bedroom on a wall bracket so I can watch Satellite TV in both rooms. Still no news on the situation at Mendez. They were still closed last night.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 11-23-2004, 04:20 PM
resessions's Avatar
resessions resessions is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Goshen, IN
Posts: 2,070
Send a message via AIM to resessions
Well Tom, it sounds like you've almost got the perfect single mans pad all set up there now in the Melrose section of Timmins. The only thing that will make it complete is for your nearest proximity pub (MendezII) to re-open.

Glad to see the fruit and other goodies were put to good use. You'll have to let me crash there again sometime to restock the shelves.
__________________
UP, UP UP can only go UP from here !!!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-24-2004, 05:59 AM
tower
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally posted by resessions
Well Tom, it sounds like you've almost got the perfect single mans pad all set up there now in the Melrose section of Timmins. The only thing that will make it complete is for your nearest proximity pub (MendezII) to re-open.

Glad to see the fruit and other goodies were put to good use. You'll have to let me crash there again sometime to restock the shelves.


Great News, Kelly hopes to get his license through by this weekend, so Mendez lives to fight again. You will love the house now I have made it a home, so should I be unlucky enough to miss the Convention you are more than welcome to move in for the event, bring the wife and you can also sleep two in the living room!

Hi speed internet goes in soon so should be online more in a few weeks time.
Reply With Quote
Post New Thread Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:04 AM.

Powered by The Shania Network
| North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place |
| Shania Portal | Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City! |

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.