Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[] Still the One in Vegas!
[] Shania on Spanish TV
[] Shania on French TV
[] Shania in TIME!
[] Shania on Today Show
[] Shania at Grey Cup
[] Shania on Late Show
[] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[]Chatroom
[] Board Members Pics
[] Timmins Trip Photos!
[] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Fans Area > Life, Music, etc...
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 06-11-2006, 03:02 PM

I've been away from the boards for a while, but I figured I would take a few minutes and catch up on Shania news. I was a bit disappointed by what I came back to.

Believe it or not, there are still many fans of the Dixie Chicks in this country and at these boards. It seems to me that this thread has turned into 9 pages of put downs and mockery. In the past, when previous threads about other artists took a turn toward the negative and insults they were closed by the moderators. I think this one has played itself out.
Old 06-11-2006, 03:08 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie
I've been away from the boards for a while, but I figured I would take a few minutes and catch up on Shania news. I was a bit disappointed by what I came back to.

Believe it or not, there are still many fans of the Dixie Chicks in this country and at these boards. It seems to me that this thread has turned into 9 pages of put downs and mockery. In the past, when previous threads about other artists took a turn toward the negative and insults they were closed by the moderators. I think this one has played itself out.

We have been discussing the negative marketing strategy of the chicks and how it is affecting them on radio and on tour. Posting links to county music stories, and their own interviews. They are the ones putting people down and throwing insults. No one is talking about their music, because the chicks aren't. It was they that chose this contraversial approach. They didn't choose to market this cd in a positive way.

No one is arguing that the Chicks don't have talent, we are talking about the negative way they have chosen to market it.

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain

Last edited by cbspock : 06-11-2006 at 03:42 PM.
Old 06-11-2006, 03:18 PM

But you all have made yourselves quite clear that you strongly disapprove of the Chicks and have no interest in their music. Most of the "critics" are taking cheap shots, too.
Old 06-11-2006, 03:20 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojibiwanqueenst
But you all have made yourselves quite clear that you strongly disapprove of the Chicks and have no interest in their music. Most of the "critics" are taking cheap shots, too.

It can be argued they are just as cheap as the Chicks shots at country music, Toby fans, Reba fans, etc.

The question is if they released this cd and went with a more positive approach would they be getting any attention at all???

-Chris

Old 06-11-2006, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbspock
It can be argued they are just as cheap as the Chicks shots at country music, Toby fans, Reba fans, etc.

-Chris

But where you and I disagree is that I think the Chicks, or Natalie, have every right to be as pissed as they are at the country music establishment.
Old 06-11-2006, 03:22 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
But where you and I disagree is that I think the Chicks, or Natalie, have every right to be as pissed as they are at the country music establishment.

Nat caused her own issues and it wasn't even about music. It was her mouth and attitude that got her in trouble, Shania gets heat because of her music, but you don't see Shania reacting like the Chicks have done. Shania just lets it roll off her back and goes ahead with what she is doing. Country Music can either follow her or not, and I suspect that is what is going to happen with the Chicks over the long run.

Country music really hasn't divorced themselves of the Chicks, and the chicks haven't divorced themselves of country music either. They are still being played on country radio, they are also on CMT and GAC.

Music Row still needs their sales numbers, just like they need Shania's.

-Chris

Last edited by cbspock : 06-11-2006 at 03:52 PM.
Old 06-11-2006, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Why, Nat caused her own issues. While it was her mouth that got her in trouble, Shania gets heat because of her music, but you don't see Shania reacting like the Chicks have done. Shania just lets it roll off her back and goes ahead with what she is doing. Country Music can either follow her or not.

-Chris

Shania has not be kicked off radio, had her albums stomped on, or had death threats either.
Old 06-11-2006, 03:25 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Shania has not be kicked off radio, had her albums stomped on, or had death threats either.

I am sure she has had all three done in some fashion, she just doesn't go to the press about it and play the "poor victim". Shania especially has upset the Music Row establishment, just listen to "Murder on Music Row". Shania upset them so much, she has a song written about her..lol Even though it boils Shania fans blood sometimes.

Oh, and at the Up! Sunrise concert some crazy guy tried to rush the stage, punched one of the camera men in the face and Shania's security people had to take him away. If he got near Shania, I am sure she would have been in danger. Notice there was no press about this incident.

-Chris

Last edited by cbspock : 06-11-2006 at 04:29 PM.
Old 06-11-2006, 03:26 PM

Quote:
The question is if they released this cd and went with a more positive approach would they be getting any attention at all???

-Chris

It's not just the Chicks doing this, you know. Every single article I have read, no matter what it's talking about, always reminds you of what happened in 2003. I don't think the Chicks call every publication and ask them to throw that in there.
Old 06-11-2006, 03:27 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
It's not just the Chicks doing this, you know. Every single article I have read, no matter what it's talking about, always reminds you of what happened in 2003. I don't think the Chicks call every publication and ask them to throw that in there.

Go read Entertainment Weekly and Time, and go watch any recent interview they have done. Everyone points it out because that is all they have talked about. I think the main focus recently has been their jabs at country music, country radio, Toby and Reba and the country music fans in general.

We know how the media likes to stoke the fires, and the more the chicks mention it, the more media attention they get.

-Chris

Last edited by cbspock : 06-11-2006 at 03:45 PM.
Old 06-11-2006, 03:31 PM

Kicking off the radio on its way.
Shania's cds were burned during some lunatic church jambory (I am sure you'll find on google some articles about it) and I sure she had threats too, as many death wishes yourself could read on not one country related message board, like CW.

"Mrder in Music Row" is still about her too...

Last edited by Jud : 06-11-2006 at 03:35 PM.
Old 06-11-2006, 03:32 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jud
Kicking off the radio on its way.
Shania's cds were burned during some lunatic church jambory (I am sure you'll find on google some articles about it) and I sure she had threats too, as many death wishes yourself could read on not one country related message board, like CW.

Shania is also banned in some countries. A recent article stated she was one of the artists banned in Iran and Indonesia.

Jud here is the cd burning story...
http://www.hpana.com/news.17126.html
Other books, magazines, posters, compact discs and movies that members believe do not promote God also went up in smoke Sunday, as more than 50 people gathered outside the church for the fiery display. Among the incinerated items were Shania Twain's album "The Woman in Me" and the Dan Akroyd movie "Coneheads."

I guess they never listened to Shania's "God Bless The Child" ironic.

-Chris

Last edited by cbspock : 06-11-2006 at 04:19 PM.
Old 06-11-2006, 04:39 PM

One thing no one will ever convince me about this whole situation. that the Chicks could not have done much better.

They could close all what was in the past in one or two interview, stating their opinion, what hurt them and what they feel about. Than closing the subject and concentrate on their new music (they have a say in interviews what can be asked and what not). They could talk mainly about the new musical direction, about them writing songs, the new kids added to their families. and let all what was before reflecting bad on the industry.

Instead they're went ballistic about it, for clearly promotional reasons, using the release for personal revenge against Keith and Reba - going even further and bashing their fans, and generally all country fans (despite everyone knows, that people who are louder not necesserily those who are in majority) Basically they were behaving the same way, against they were/are complaining.

No one will convince me, that this was the only and best way to handle the situation.
Old 06-11-2006, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jud
No one will convince me, that this was the only and best way to handle the situation.

No, it isn't nor wasn't. At all. I'm not saying they have class for doing what they did. I just think no one will let it die down. Again, I think you said this Jud, the next album after this one will show whether or not the Chicks still have the power to sell.
Old 06-11-2006, 07:36 PM
Board Administrator

Shania was actually banned twice from CMT, nothing like that has ever happened to the Dixie Chicks through this whole thing, they have always been played on the channel. Shania vidoes are a rare find these days on CMT.

-Chris

Last edited by cbspock : 06-11-2006 at 08:47 PM.
Post New Thread Reply