Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Fans Area > Life, Music, etc...
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 04-14-2011, 04:07 AM

Lady Gaga Song Produced by Shania Twain's Ex

Remember when Lady Gaga told one of her concert audiences that her song "You and I" was being produced by "somebody legendary?" Several Gaga fan sites now report that during the star's concert in New Orleans on Saturday night, April 9th, she revealed that "You and I," a ballad that will appear on her new CD Born This Way, is being produced by Robert John "Mutt" Lange. Lange, who's also Shania Twain's ex-husband, is indeed a legendary record producer. He's produced smash albums by artists ranging from AC/DC, Nickelback and Def Leppard to Michael Bolton, Bryan Adams and Maroon 5, producing the latter's most recent disc, Hands All Over.

Lange's presence on Born This Way would seem to underscore Gaga's claims that there's a strong hard rock or metal vibe to many of the songs.

http://wplj.com/Article.asp?id=2159376&spid=36851
Old 04-14-2011, 11:29 PM
#1 Shania Fan :)

my feelings: bleh!
Old 04-16-2011, 10:21 AM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

Mutt will always be Mutt. Producing is what he does. So, no surprise there. I am really anxious to see what road Shania goes down now that she has turned off from Mutt's direction.

Steve
Old 04-30-2011, 04:12 PM

Bluegrass maybe???
Old 05-20-2011, 01:24 PM

Shania Twain's ex-husband worked on Lady Gaga album

Thu May 19, 2011

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - A stream of Lady Gaga's forthcoming second album "Born This Way" has been sent to media outlets one week ahead of its May 23 release and its liner notes have turned up an interesting collaborator: Robert "Mutt" Lange.

The revered but reclusive producer - and the ex-husband of country star Shania Twain - worked on Gaga's ballad "Yoό And I," a track that's already created buzz despite the absence of a flashy video.

The song ostensibly had its premiere on "American Idol" when Interscope Geffen A&M chairman Jimmy Iovine, the show's in-house mentor for season 10, suggested finalist Haley Reinhart perform it on "Songs From Now and Then" week.

"Yoό And I" then made an encore appearance on the Top 5's elimination night in the form of a live version from Gaga's Madison Square Garden show and HBO special.

Featuring Queen's Brian May on guitar (credited as Dr. Brian May) along with a sample of the band's "We Will Rock You," the studio version, which Lange worked on from his recording complex in Switzerland, emotes a sense of grandness that listeners don't always get with Gaga's RedOne-produced heavily-synthetic sounds.

To the contrary, a live piano and background vocals by Gaga and Lange add an undeniably lush quality, while the lyrics, which tell of a passionate love affair with a "Nebraska guy" and feature umlauts over every letter "u," drive the song home and potentially into hit territory.

Will pop radio embrace the ballad? Considering Lange's recent work with Maroon 5, whose latest single, "Never Gonna Leave This Bed," is No. 6 on this week's Billboard Adult Top 40 chart, and the Gaga hype machine, currently in full gear, it stands more than a good chance.

Other producers credited on "Born This Way" include Fernando Garibay, who worked on five tracks ("The Queen," "Highway Unicorn," "Fashion of His Love," "Bad Kids" and "Americano"), Paul Blair (aka White Shadow), and the aforementioned RedOne, who took the lead on the songs "Scheiίe," "Judas," and "Hair."

(Editing by Zorianna Kit)

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011...E74I84N20110519
Old 05-20-2011, 01:53 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkalot24
my feelings: bleh!

Well Mutt is a very formula producer. That is why by the later albums they sound weak. It becomes more about the production than the music.

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 05-20-2011, 02:05 PM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

I saw Haley perform this. She did a fantastic job but was critisized by the judges that it wasn't a song the public was familiar with. Doesn't matter, she nailed it. So, last night she got eliminated. Now it's down to two country kids, Lauren and Scotty. I think Scotty wins it, but he doesn't get my vote even if I made the effort to do it. Lauren has a far more nice voice, but all the little teenie-weenies love Scotty. Haley was the best talent, but she's gone. Scotty gets a ticket punched to Nashville regardless of the outcome. He's a great kid and kind of a throwback to Randy Travis, George Strait, with a little of Garth Brooks thrown in. It's important to remember that both of these finalist are only seventeen I believe and are still in high school. Haley was the elderly one at 20.

Steve
Old 05-20-2011, 02:06 PM
Board Administrator

I think by Shoes, Mutt had nothing new to offer Shania musically. Shania as seen in Why Not? and in Up! Close was willing to try new things, less production oriented songs.

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 05-25-2011, 01:31 PM

You and I sounds like pure Mutt and Shania. The backbeat (Queen's We Will Rock You) is like a slower AMOM. Can't miss Mutt's backing vocals either. There is a sample on iTunes if anyone wants to listen.
Post New Thread Reply