Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > Shania in the news
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 08-31-2009, 03:53 PM

The travelogue video is only up for the public till labor day. After that, it's only for fanclub members.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:27 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda122
The travelogue video is only up for the public till labor day. After that, it's only for fanclub members.

I renewed my membership.

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain

Last edited by cbspock : 08-31-2009 at 07:31 PM.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:01 AM

Twain talks about her healing

Gift to fans is note about her life

Posted By Brandon Walker, The Daily Press

The video starts with Shania Twain wearing a helmet while flying thousands of feet above the ground with someone named Fred.
The pair jump from the plane and begin hurtling toward the ground.

Flash forward to a tour of the Swedish Alps, given by Fred, who drew a red heart in the snow with the words “I love you” written nearby.

The video was released on Twain’s website on Aug. 28, her birthday, along with a note letting fans know she’s doing better since the breakup with Mutt Lange, her former husband and music producer.

“When I wake up each day I remind myself how lucky I am to have all the beautiful things I do in my life and allow that gratitude to fuel me for the day, taking one day at a time,” she wrote.

Twain’s marriage to Lange fell apart last May following his alleged affair with Marie-Anne Thiebaud, a longtime secretary and manager of the couple’s chateau in Switzerland. Since then, Twain has relied on Thiebaud’s ex-husband, Frederic Thiebaud to heal.

In the video she travels to several different locations. It starts with her jumping from the plane in Key West, Fla., and she also travels to Egypt and Lebanon, always with Fred.

With all the time spent with this mystery man, fans must be wondering if she plans to get in front of a microphone anytime soon, or if the pair have been secretly hitched.

“I know something (about a secret wedding) was reported last week,” said Tracy Hautanen, manager at the Shania Twain Centre. “One of Shania’s reps put that rumour to bed. It did not take place.”

As for the lack of new music, Hautanen said fans are just excited she’s in the public again.

“They are anticipating new music, but the focus from what we’re seeing is how happy they are from knowing what she’s been up to.”

Twain has been keeping a low profile, aside from a brief appearance at the Country Music Association awards last November.

But this week she will be a guest judge on American Idol during the Chicago auditions, and she has reached out to fans by posting a personal letter and video travelogue on her website.

Reba McEntire hopes this will mark Twain’s reemergence onto the scene.

“The country music industry is ready for Shania Twain to come back, definitely,” said McEntire.

“You could see that at the CMA Awards. They gave her a standing ovation when she walked out on stage,” she said.

Taylor Swift recently gave credit to Twain “for always making theatrical videos,” during an acceptance speech at the Country Music Television awards. Swift said, “I take my cues from you.”

Earlier in the month Twain announced she’d have a surprise for fans on her birthday via her website.

Several contacted Hautanen at the Shania Twain Centre to see if she knew what the surprise might be; she didn’t.

The fans were counting down the minutes, Hautanen said, and now they’re happy to see what the country singer has been doing.

“They’re very excited to hear more,” Hautanen said.

Oddly enough, the fans weren’t surprised to see her jump out of a plane.

Hautenan said that is actually old news, at least for a true fan.

“A lot of people followed that in the media,” she said.

“There was some media publication about that, and the fans are happy to get an inside look at it, but it wasn’t overly new to them.”

As for mystery man Fred, Hautanen said the fans weren’t too surprised about that either.

“They haven’t really commented much on Fred. (The fans are) very happy she’s happy,” Hautenan said.

Twain said she was very happy where here new relationship has taken her.

“Fred and I have certainly had a lot of laughs through the months,” she wrote on her website.

“While sharing these images with a good friend ... after each trip, she now affectionately refers to us as, Lucy and Ricky Ricardo.”

The Associated Press

http://www.thedailypress.ca/Article....aspx?e=1725256
Old 09-02-2009, 05:57 AM
Board Administrator

Tracy knows us so well..lol

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain

Last edited by cbspock : 09-02-2009 at 06:21 AM.
Old 12-23-2009, 02:11 PM

Holiday Wishes from Shania

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!

I've been in the North Country of Ontario, Canada and, after a crazy drive through a snowstorm to get here, I finally made it North for the holidays to take in the spirit of a great, white Christmas. What would normally be a two-and-a-half hour drive took over seven hours with several accidents along the way. We experienced dead stops of long waits during whiteouts. Miles of vehicles were lined up bumper to bumper, blanketed in snow from hours of sitting and waiting for news of what was happening up ahead. Very scary driving conditions, and I really felt lucky to have made it safely in the end. It was centimeter after centimeter of snow falling for hours on end. Even we Northerners can only cope with so much snow all at once. I have personally never seen such a crisis just over falling snow, but this snowfall was an exception. We normally cope pretty well, and falling snow is just a part of another winter day, but this storm was a doozy!

Many people were running out of gas on the highway. It was a chilly night so it was very uncomfortable and actually dangerous for anyone not prepared to spend the night in their vehicle without heat, which many had to do in the end. I couldn't help thinking of anyone with children onboard and how they must have coped - no washrooms, no emergency vehicle access without painstaking effort, and even when emergency support made it out, it was slow. Not a good night to have an emergency. In fact, during one of our dead stops of four hours, we only saw one tow truck make it through. We were very lucky that we had a full tank of gas, a heavy, sturdy vehicle and some groceries in the back.

I've spent years driving these same roads in bad weather in cars with no front or four-wheel drive, only enough gas to get from A to B and a lot of wishful thinking and luck to get me safely where I was going. Phew, this trip was a reminder of all those years coping with winter drives in the North. For most of the ride this time going North, I was pretty scared since our vehicle was sandwiched between a transport truck in front of and behind us. It's very dangerous to try to pull off an unplowed, unsalted, unsanded, snow-covered road with whiteout conditions unless you are really able to slow down to pullover. With an 18-wheeler not far behind who can barely see you, slowing down is not a good idea. Also, we were reduced to one narrow lane, and all we could see were the taillights of the vehicle in front of us if we stayed right on him. So, too close for comfort yet not able to stay back for risk of losing our visual reference for direction and not being able to pull over. I wasn't driving but was squirming in my seat, anxious and nervous. There was no point saying much and other than keeping my eyes strained on the truck ahead and any other visual reference possible, there was nothing I could do as a passenger. So, I decided to try to keep myself preoccupied and calm by texting Fred and Eja, keeping my thoughts off a situation I couldn't control. I was aware of the probability of our car going out of control and wanted to make sure I touched base in case that actually did happen. I know too well all about the risks on these roads in bad weather so my concerns were warranted. What a hairy night!

Since I finally arrived North, I've enjoyed some exciting, local hockey games (which made my voice raspy from all the yelling and cheering for our team), some fun in the snow with the kids, more dangerous driving on snowy, windy, winter roads with deer popping up all over the place, lots of seasonal music (Michael Buble's "Let it Snow" is this year's favorite), family and friends around the bonfire, being at the rinks drinking hot chocolate, and then more fun in the snow. We got lots of the white stuff early this year so have been taking advantage of it. It's a pain to shovel but great news for the Olympic games to have such a good base for the outdoor sports and, just for recreational time, makes for great tobogganing, snow fights and amazing scenery.

Enjoy the holidays wherever you are, and I look forward to touching base again with you all in the New Year! Lots of exciting things to report and share with you in early 2010 so I will be in touch with more news soon.

Lots of peace and love to you ‘til then,

Shania
Old 12-23-2009, 02:13 PM

Old 12-23-2009, 08:21 PM
Administrator

LOVE the message, especially the part about exciting things to report and share...!!! PLEASE make it the YEAR...
Old 12-23-2009, 09:54 PM

Don't look further then the Olympic torch bearing and American Idol

so far Shania has not mentioned her own music really since her first two blogs
Old 12-23-2009, 10:13 PM
Who's On First?

That is nothing new - it is common knowledge and has been for some time.
Old 12-24-2009, 05:43 AM
.: Eja's big bwother :.

Send a message via MSN to CSCfan
Plus the Olympic torch bearing is already on Jan 1st, and early "2010" is past that date... so it's definately something else
Céline Dion » New X-mas album ['09] || "Taking Chances" World Tour DVD/BR ['09]
Sharon Corr » Brand new solo album [2009]!
Old 12-24-2009, 07:15 AM

Common knowledge or not, the Olympic torch bearing did not happened yet, and neither was the AI apparence seen on TV by the public - and she could not talked about it in details.

I would hate to see some building high hopes and being disappointed.
Old 12-24-2009, 12:59 PM
Who's On First?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jud
Common knowledge or not, the Olympic torch bearing did not happened yet, and neither was the AI apparence seen on TV by the public - and she could not talked about it in details.

I would hate to see some building high hopes and being disappointed.
That however does seem par for the course, Jud. Happy Holidays.

Miss talking with you. Be safe.
Old 12-24-2009, 01:17 PM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

Right now it would seem that "lots of exciting things to report and share with you in early 2010" is a pretty general statement at this point. But, still I'm optimistic.

Steve
Old 12-24-2009, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AINAHS
That however does seem par for the course, Jud. Happy Holidays.

Miss talking with you. Be safe.

Thanks, but Hanuka is already over, unfortunately. We can always talk (email/pm), I wish Shania would give us something really to talk about soon!

Happy Holidays to all of you!
Old 06-29-2011, 07:24 PM

shainia your my number one fan i have seen you five times my husband bought me a picture of you sitting by a birch tree 16 years ago its our tenth anniversary next thursday your music has lifted a lot of people out there .I know you have a rough life but your doing just fine take care and you look wonderful.
Post New Thread Reply