Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[] Still the One in Vegas!
[] Shania on Spanish TV
[] Shania on French TV
[] Shania in TIME!
[] Shania on Today Show
[] Shania at Grey Cup
[] Shania on Late Show
[] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[]Chatroom
[] Board Members Pics
[] Timmins Trip Photos!
[] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > Shania in the news
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 06-10-2008, 10:09 AM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC BILL
I suspect it will start in Canada which is fine by me but I think she should start where she ended in Sunrise Fl. Hey what can I say-I just like continums. DOC

I guess I could go for that since every time I've seen her, it's been in Canada.
But, since I almost got to see her in Boston in 99', I'm open. In Boston there were two seats left. Terry would have had to sit on one side of the Fleet Center and me on the other side. That wouldn't have worked too well. So, I let it go.

Steve
Old 06-10-2008, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbspock
No, Chicago is atleast in the middle of the country, plus NASHVILLE is TOO FREAKIN HOT, and Shania has allergies when she goes there.

-Chris

Nashville is the first place she moved to when she came to the States, as she got her recording contract, but she never really fit in. Chicago is a better choice and last time she was there, she became addicted to the cheese popcorn they had.
Old 06-11-2008, 08:57 AM
Steph

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC BILL
I suspect it will start in Canada which is fine by me but I think she should start where she ended in Sunrise Fl. Hey what can I say-I just like continums. DOC

I agree DOC...It would be nice if she started in Sunrise, FL because my parents just live about 20 mins. North of there. I think the people in South Florida would really like that because of what happened on the last tour. But whatever Shania decides is fine with me!

Steph
Old 06-12-2008, 09:20 AM

Guess we we won't hear anything more on Shania until the album is ready, but I'm pleased to say that the media's attention surrounding their break-up is starting to wear off, so she can heal and come back a stronger person.

I don't know anyone can have the nerve say that Shania released a message for her fans to help boost record sales of her next album, when it's released. She did it for reassurance, as people were jumping to the wrong conclusion, because she's been away for so long, that she was no longer interested in writing and recording music and with all the gossip about her quitting, she wanted to make it clear she is coming back and is working on new material. With or without Mutt Lange's collaboration this time, she intends to go on.

I would just like to add that Shania's message wasn't a sympathy ploy, she wanted to let her fans know how much our support (other than her son and her siblings) means to her and is helping her get through this rough period.

Last edited by amanda122 : 06-14-2008 at 03:02 AM.
Old 06-15-2008, 01:23 AM

Send a message via AIM to Shaniafan2000 Send a message via Yahoo to Shaniafan2000
That was a really nice message from Shania! Even though she's obviously taking time for herself in this difficult time and spending time with her family, it's good to hear that she plans on music continuing to be a part of her life and I look forward to supporting her in any and all future endeavors even if she decides in the future to only release albums and not tour, which is perfectly understandable.

"I'd love to wake up smiling, full of the joys of Spring, and hear on CNN that Elvis lives again And that John's back with The Beatles and they're going out on tour. I'll be the first in line for tickets -- gotta see that show for sure."

~Lyrics from When by Shania Twain and R.J. "Mutt" Lange.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:21 PM

I was looking through the new People Mag today and in the letter section, there was no one who commented on her story for the past two weeks. I guess that's a good thing.

Steve

Last edited by Steve F : 06-17-2008 at 08:53 AM.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:50 PM

Yes, that is a good thing.

Old 06-17-2008, 06:49 PM

That is a good thing, Steve, because the other day I thought about looking in this weeks People and I didn't see anything either!
Old 06-18-2008, 11:25 AM

It is surprising though because usually someone has to rake any star who has been in there over the coals. Of course there are those that write positve things as well. But as the old adage goes "no news is good news", fits pretty good here.

I think though we should check the next couple of weeks. Sometimes I notice there are comments later on some celebs.

Since we are on this subject, I am going to add something I kind of said to Shania last week at a website I found called DOSE.CA You can go there and post your thoughts on Shania's recent letter to her fans.

http://www.dose.ca/story.html?id=7f...3b-57c9ed6c2704

Steve Folsom Sat, Jun 14, 08 at 12:28 PM

We will probably never know the whole story, and probably shouldn't as it is not our business. That said, my wish is that you come back strong when you are ready. I'll be right there to share your lyrics and hopefully see you one day live again. I know you have it in you to make it by yourself. After all, you have been doing that all of your life. I am, and have been for a long time, a big fan of Shania. Let me address you as Eilleen and say, lady you sure didn't deserve this. Your fans support you all the way and our thoughts are with you. You're Still The One in my book.

Steve

Last edited by Steve F : 06-18-2008 at 11:35 AM.
Old 06-18-2008, 12:36 PM

I've just posted my comments, thanks for the link.
Old 06-18-2008, 12:45 PM

You're welcome. The Internet is amazing. I mean you just never know what you are going to find when you start searching.

Steve
Old 07-04-2008, 01:45 PM

Quote from Quick & Simply Week article (July 15 issue):

It's highly probable that the practicality and resilience that got Shania through the lean years will ease some of the difficulty of her pending divorce as well. "What I learned through all (the years of poverty), she has said "was how strong I was capable of being. I didn't fall apart, I always had a feeling things would work out. I still feel this way about life."

I'm sure Shania will come back, hopefully stronger than ever.

Last edited by amanda122 : 07-04-2008 at 01:49 PM.
Old 07-04-2008, 09:10 PM

While there is a lot of truth in that quote, I hate when newspapers taking out old articles, and cut and paste from them sentences, like it was said for their article.

That quote, like most of the Quick and simple article was made off old articles. It's not like Shania gace them an interview, despite thta is the illusion they wanna make. It's not journalism.
Old 07-05-2008, 10:17 AM

I agree.

Steve
Old 07-11-2008, 04:41 PM

Shania Twain's Broken Heart - Letter from a fan

http://www.timminspress.com/ArticleD...aspx?e=1108693
Post New Thread Reply