Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[] Still the One in Vegas!
[] Shania on Spanish TV
[] Shania on French TV
[] Shania in TIME!
[] Shania on Today Show
[] Shania at Grey Cup
[] Shania on Late Show
[] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[]Chatroom
[] Board Members Pics
[] Timmins Trip Photos!
[] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > Shania in the news
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 01-05-2003, 08:08 AM

I almost fell out of my seat

I normally chanel surf during commercials when I am watching football games. But last night during ABC's coverage of the Falcons-Packers playoff game I watched the ads because I was eagerly looking for one involving a promo of that network's American Music Awards telecast on Jan. 13 that might include a clip of Shania.

Coming out of a commerical break early in the third quarter and back to the game, there was a promo on the bottom of the screen. When I realized it was centered on Shania, I just assumed it was the AMA promo. Then when I realized announcer Al Michaels was announcing Shania would be performing at the Super Bowl halftime and I about fell out of my chair. My friend even teased me about not p**ing in my pants.

Another thought: Do you think it is possible that Shania's people gave Rolling Stone a heads-up on this performance and the magazine delayed its cover of her by one issue so it would be on the newstands during the Super Bowl? That game is the most hyped sporting event of the year and with what will be numerous mentions of the halftime show, a Shania cover would give them a Super Bowl theme.

One other thing that I laughed at. With The Dixie Chicks singing the National Anthem and Shania doing halftime, does THAT MEAN the Chicks are a warm-up act for our Wonder Woman?

Last edited by froush : 01-05-2003 at 08:10 AM.
Old 01-05-2003, 08:59 AM
Men are like shoes...

Well, I e-mailed the fan club the other day to ask them about the Rolling Stone cover. They said by their knowledge she is the second cover in January. That means the one around the 23rd, which would be around the Superbowl. Don't know if that is a reason, just thought I'd share.

Men are like shoes....made to confuse
There are so many of them...I don't know which ones to choose!
Old 01-05-2003, 09:43 AM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

I saw it during the previous game between the JETS and COLTS. I don't remember the announcers, but one of them made a funny remark that went something like now we have Canadians in the half-time show? Then he said something about the provducer liking people whose name ends with N and laughed. I'm not sure as I have the flu and I was lying there not well, but I think that about it.

Steve
Old 01-05-2003, 10:44 AM
Board Administrator

Re: I almost fell out of my seat

Quote:
Originally posted by froush

One other thing that I laughed at. With The Dixie Chicks singing the National Anthem and Shania doing halftime, does THAT MEAN the Chicks are a warm-up act for our Wonder Woman?

Hmmmm.........YES!!

The Dixie Chicks are the opening act for Shania....think we would ever see that on a country news site? LOL It should be an interesting rendition of the National Anthem.

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 01-05-2003, 10:46 AM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by tankandmaddie
Well, I e-mailed the fan club the other day to ask them about the Rolling Stone cover. They said by their knowledge she is the second cover in January. That means the one around the 23rd, which would be around the Superbowl. Don't know if that is a reason, just thought I'd share.

Shania is gonna get a massive publicity boast at the end of January.........AMA, Jay Leno, Rolling Stone Magazine, Superbowl....seems Q Prime is doing it's job.

Now...where is the press release for the Superbowl???? Maybe they are waiting until the news cycle starts tonight or monday morning.

-Chris

Last edited by cbspock : 01-05-2003 at 10:48 AM.
Old 01-05-2003, 10:55 AM

Since the Super Bowl has four hours of preview program on Sunday afternoon leading up to the game, I would if ABC will try to have a segment on Shania?
Old 01-05-2003, 11:27 AM

Great News!!Go 49ers and go Shania!! Hope you feel better Steve
Old 01-05-2003, 11:35 AM

I only heard and saw Shania in the half time performance during the announcement 2 times during the Wildcard games.

I did not heard any other performers announced.

That means she bumped Celine?

I know one day she will get this privileged performance, it come faster than I thought

That would also be her 2nd HDTV appearance in one month.

Jay Leno - is 1920 x 1080i (interlaced)
Superbowl is 1280 x 720p (progressive)

progressive is better for video capture

Don't forget Superbowl from ABC will be broadcast at Dolby Digital 5.1 channels!

That will be the 2nd time we can hear Shania at true Dolby Digital 5.1 channels (the other time is Divas Live DVD, Shania Live DVD is not true 5.1 only 4.1)

For those who afford it, get a HDTV and DVHS - at about the same price as a superbowl ticket at eBay? You will not regret it.
Old 01-05-2003, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Wing
That means she bumped Celine?

The first thing I thought about when ABC announced Shania's Super gig was that Celine was never going to be doing the Super Bowl and that story was nothing more than an Internet-fueled rumor.
The scenario I thought about is that somebody heard that somebody heard that somebody heard and what began as some TV type telling somebody else that the Super Bowl was likely going to have a top Canadian diva at hafltime turned into the Celine rumor.

If the past is prologue, the Super Bowl usually has only one halftime musical superstar and Shania and Celine would make two.
Old 01-05-2003, 11:57 AM

Send a message via ICQ to bmac Send a message via AIM to bmac
I feel for all you Niners, Jets and Giants fans out there because this is the year of the Eagles. Hey, at least you'll get to enjoy Shania at halftime! I'm pinching myself because I am a HUGE football fan and Eagles fan! Now, I can put in a tape and record Shania and the Eagles all on ONE tape! Woohoo!!!!
Old 01-05-2003, 12:05 PM
Board Administrator

I think what is going to happen is:

Dixie's sing National Anthem
Celine sings "God Bless America"

and Shania puts on the Halftime show.

-Chris

Old 01-05-2003, 12:07 PM
Board Administrator

Can you say Triple Diamond!!!!

-Chris

Old 01-05-2003, 12:40 PM

OH BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For those thinking that the Shania bashers are going to point out that she lip sinks at the Superbowl [ which every one does,anyway,just like ,The GREY CUP ]. I think they are going to wonder why a Canadian is doing this major U.S. event. I think if a Canadian ,Celine Dion, is singing "America The Beautiful" it is only fair, [if that happens]. I don't think ,Celine, was bumbed. Celine did sing the ,Oylimpic song at, Atlanta Oylimpics.Our 2 countries have a great friendship and I have no problem with with this. After Sept,11th both our countries were effected greatly and we tried to help eachother.There is nothing wrong with celebrating this friendship.Shanias songs are "up"lifting and Celine can certainly sing, [if she is singing].I am glad, The Dixie Chicks, are singing the U.S. anthem.That is a most important song to every one in the U.S., as it should be.They will do a great job.
I am glad she did, The GREY CUP.I think the people in ,CANADA, would have been mad if she just did the ,Superbowl, and not The GREY CUP.Any way ,I knew she would be promoting more in North America.
I wish she could have done ,The World Cup of Soccer,as well. That is the worlds largest watched event.It gets more viewers than the summer oylimpics.But alot of people watch the Superbowl.Good for SHANIA AND ALL OF US.As I said before the N.F.L. is the best at promoting their game of the big four leauges.
They will pull out all the show stoppers. Bon Jovi ,did start the season in ,New York.

Last edited by canadarocks : 01-05-2003 at 01:18 PM.
Old 01-05-2003, 01:14 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by froush
Since the Super Bowl has four hours of preview program on Sunday afternoon leading up to the game, I would if ABC will try to have a segment on Shania?

I would love it! For sure an interview I would say...
Wing, cannot wait for the vidcaps! Let's hope Shania does at least 3 songs...
Old 01-05-2003, 03:33 PM
Men are like shoes...

Quote:
Now...where is the press release for the Superbowl?

That's exactly what I was thinking. I'm not saying it's not true. Because I don't think that ABC would run an ad for a Superbowl performer and have it not be true. They are too much of a reliable news source. But I wish that the fan club or her site would say something about it.

Men are like shoes....made to confuse
There are so many of them...I don't know which ones to choose!
Post New Thread Reply