Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > Shania in the news
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 05-17-2008, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jud
Well, the question is will Mercury stick with Shania. They weren't to geat to support her lately.

As for what will be in court, I really hope we will hear nothing. And better not speculate about it...

Yes that is question too but doesn't Mercury still have a contract with Shania to fulfill? I would not think they would simply leave her after all these years and especially since she is having difficult times...But you never can know these things... The other question is will Shania continue to sing...It is kind of hard to do that when you are depressed at least for the moment anyway...

Benjamin
Old 05-17-2008, 02:04 PM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

Something just occurred to me. Maybe that comment Shania made at the trail that day now takes on a whole new meaning. Maybe now we know why she said "I'm on a permanent sabbatical".

Steve
Old 05-17-2008, 02:11 PM

That unfortunatelly is an option.

Of course it would be much better to know, if she's quitting music she's does it because she's happy with her life, and not because all, marriage, career fell apart.

I hope she did not said the last word musically yet.
Old 05-17-2008, 02:27 PM

Jude and Steve...

Well right now Shania's career is in flux because of the divorce...So anything could happen now...Guess we just have to be patient and wait and see what happens out of it all...Things could change here since Shania is now independent...But of course she still has Eja to take care of...Shania may still do limited engagements still...

Benjamin
Old 05-17-2008, 04:40 PM

Yes, till now I haven't thought about the "permanent sabbatical" quote...
but of course, being a single-mom would be difficult for her to do long promotions and tours around the world, so maybe she's already taken her decision about her career. She always said family comes first and from 2004 on she proved it.
I mean, till now she could leave Eja with his father, from now on I don't know, and Eja is in his school age so he can't follow her mother around the world.
And I don't think she would allow Eja to have a personal teacher like Celine's doin' with Rene-Charles when they're on tour (like now). Shania always said she wants her son to have a life as normal as possible.
Maybe the news about her musical future will be released later this year (if she'll quit), not to give her fans all the bad news together...

Anyway...IF, I say IF, the Mutt quote is true, he's been really, really mean. "Unfortunate" after 14 years....that's all you have to say????
Everything's goin' your way

Last edited by matteotempo : 05-17-2008 at 04:43 PM.
Old 05-17-2008, 05:04 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteotempo
Anyway...IF, I say IF, the Mutt quote is true, he's been really, really mean. "Unfortunate" after 14 years....that's all you have to say????

If true it is a very cold thing to say, and a very poor choice of words on his part.

I just find it weird that when he should have been in the spotlight with her, he wasn't and now that they have broken up, this is the time he chooses to go to the media. I don't know it just seems off.

Best we wait for some real information.

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain

Last edited by cbspock : 05-17-2008 at 05:14 PM.
Old 05-17-2008, 05:58 PM

I agree, Chris! I still can't believe I'm hearing and reading about their marriage breaking up! All my heart and prayers go out to Shania in this difficult time I hope they can work things out personally, if not professionally and we all get to hear her sing again at some point in time!!!
Old 05-17-2008, 06:03 PM
Board Administrator

Shania's survived through worse things and with less support. She'll make it through this eventually. She has family and friends looking out for her.

-Chris

Last edited by cbspock : 05-17-2008 at 06:07 PM.
Old 05-17-2008, 06:16 PM
Brazilian Member

Send a message via MSN to Marco
Hi Everyone!!

That's my first post in a few years, and I'm really sad I'm posting because of this. I'm been thinking about that all day long.

Shania's marriage has always been a icon to me. It was an example of how love is able to break barriers, to 'produce' nice things, and write beautiful songs about love. It's really sad. I don't expect to see them writing together anymore... it must be really hard for them. Eventually both will find new partners in their lives and that makes working together even more complicated.

It's uncertain at this point to make any king of predictions about her carrier. I hope she can move on. After all this years just recording songs written and produced by Twain / Lange, and in some way not been interested in working with other songwriters and producers, I have no idea how music industry will support her on that 'new phase', if she decides to come back.

Well.. it's a good think we are talking about this and not about illness etc... for sure she'll move on and do her best whatever direction she decides to go from this moment on.

As she knows.. she can always count on US. Right?

Huge hugs from Brazil!

Marco

Thank You Shania!
Old 05-17-2008, 06:56 PM
Board Administrator

Welcome back Marco, good to see you around again.

-Chris

Old 05-17-2008, 07:24 PM
cross-stitching nut

I went to my daughter's house today to see my grandson play t-ball. She lives about an hour from my home. All the way there and home I listened to TWIM. I kept repeating 'Home Ain't Where His Heart Is Anymore". It is like she wrote that song yesterday. Another thing that kinda amazed me is that it is the first cut on the first cd that they did together. I know that really doesn't mean anything, just kinda wierd to me. It also amazes me that as one's life changes you begin to hear songs differently even when you have known the song for many years...it takes on such a different feeling. In that song when she sang "...if we could only change the way the story ends..." I have to say I cried. My heart is so sad for Shania. I only hope that somehow she can feel the love of her fans and let us wrap our arms around her. I'm so glad that she is close to Carrie Ann...she is going to need her for awhile. I know that her devastation will turn to anger and then she will begin to heal...I just hope the healing process begins soon for her.

"Find Your Self Esteem And Be Forever Free To Dream" - Shania Twain
Old 05-17-2008, 07:43 PM
#1 Shania Fan :)

In the future, I hope the people who were ripping Shania for not communicating with the fans and for pushing back the album will stop and think that maybe she has more serious stuff going on, like now.
Old 05-17-2008, 08:57 PM
Men are like shoes...

I gotta say I've been listening to a lot of "The Woman In Me" as well. That album is her best in my opinion, and her voice was so good as well. "The Woman In Me" song is my favorite song of hers, the lyrics are so deep and meaningful and I believe someone has to truly be in love to write a song like that. Shania has been writing songs like that on every album, and I feel like that really had to come from within with her...I mean she wouldn't write a song that she couldn't absoulutley relate to. I'm not gonna delve into every song lyric and analyze it to see if it showed indication of a split with Mutt, but I really believe she was in love with him and this has to be really devastating to her. She is an amazing talent, and to be quite honest, if she never makes another album, I'll be ok, because your family and private priorities come first. In the end I just hope that this is something the two have decided on mutually, because if Mutt just left Shania in the dark about it, I too would be very upset. No one deserves to be left like that.

Men are like shoes....made to confuse
There are so many of them...I don't know which ones to choose!
Old 05-17-2008, 09:23 PM

There is a huge difference between living separate lives because you simply have different likes and dislikes and a divorce.

Shania is someone who’s overcome so much. She comes from adversity and hard times. Shania has witnessed first hand the struggles her parents went through she has seen her own Mother walk out for periods of time only to return to short periods of happy times. People that go through such things in their own young lives tend to be more patient and understanding and accepting of unusual changes and requests. They work harder at making it work they understand.

From the beginning Shania understood and accepted what life would be like with Mutt and his “ways’ once that happens one accepts things despite how lonely and painful they turned out to be and one makes excuses to cover up the loneliness.

I don’t doubt there were problems; all marriages have them let alone marriages with unusual circumstance. I’m sure they both made scarifies to please the other. But there’s a huge difference in being lonely and drifting because of ones choice…God knows we’ve seen Shania always by herself over the years at shows or whatever we all felt for her but we too “understood”

I’m sure she was blindsided with the news one accepts things despite how painful and lonely for so many reasons but I doubt she expected a divorce.

As for working together who knows. Right now she’s probably in shock and her priority is Eja and finding a legal representative that alone takes so much strength just realizing it isn’t a dream but reality and you don't know what's going to happen; we all want security and stabiltiy in our lives; love is a bonus. Separation and divorce and all that comes with it is a terrible painful feeling.

Last edited by isie : 05-17-2008 at 10:19 PM.
Old 05-17-2008, 10:14 PM

yep, it won't be easy, as they were connected in many things.

Like it's interesting, that her spokemen at her label announced the press-release, instead of her menagement - who's run buy Mutt's friends. I think we will see a lot of changes like that.

Hope Shania will get back on her feet quickly mainly for Eja's well being, and for herself.
But mainly would like to see her happy again one day.
Not loosing her sight, and maybe one day she will sing for us again on a cd.

As I said earlier, if she's out of business, it would be better to know, that it happened because she's finally content and happy, and not because bad things.