Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > Shania in the news
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 11-02-2005, 09:41 PM

You know what. I agree with you completely sas. It's one of the parts of the music and film industry I hate. It's destroyed so many people's lives or at least made them much more difficult. It sucks but it's a part of that whole vehicle called fame. With all the benefits come the pitfalls. The only way to fight it is to try and become involved so that the story is done in the best and most honest way possible. People are always going to pry even when they have no right when someone is so in the public light. That's one of the reasons I was so glad to be doing the film and portraying her. I could be there to do what I could to make sure that it did her the justice she deserves. But either way it does suck.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:38 PM

Hello Meredith and welcome to our Shania board. Please don't take any of our comments out of text as we "true" Shania fans are very particular about what's said and done about and to our gal. We are all very much looking forward to the movie and we're sure you personally portrayed Shania with much regard. Regardless, we hope that your experience with this project will forever change your acting career and life and that from this day forth there's another individual who truly respects and appreciates all that Shania is about and has accomplished and given to so many people throughout the world.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:39 PM
*~I Love You Shania!~*

Well, I just wanted to take this opportunity to say hello to Meredith, and to thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to talk with us, and to answer questions for us. I'm glad to hear that you yourself are a Shania fan. Even though none of us here really know Shania personally, we sometimes feel like we do, and when need be, we get very protective of our girl.
I can tell from reading your posts that you are very honored to play Shania. I would be, too!
Even though I live in the US, I'm getting a copy of the movie from a friend who lives in Canada. I'm still undecided about if I will watch it or not, but I think that after the movie premieres and I read the other fan's posts about it, then I'll be able to decide.
I agree with Chris: you should try to make it to the next Fan Convention at the Shania Twain Centre in August. It would be great for myself and the many other Shania fans that will be there to meet you.

Shania's Still The One, Forever And For Always!

I You, Shania!

53 DAYS UNTIL THE FIFTH ANNUAL WORLDWIDE SHANIA TWAIN FAN CONVENTION!!! GET READY TO PARTY HARDY!!!
Old 11-02-2005, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhenders
My favorite Shania song is "God Bless the Child". I have been told it was written for her mother and so I used it to help me prepare for the scene in the film where I get the phone call about her parents dying. .

According to Shania, God Bless The Child (the short acapella version) was written after her parents died, as a nursery/lullaby song to herself, to comfort herself.She sang it when she felt sad or lost.
Mutt heard her singing it to herself, and convinced her to record it.
Later they write the verses for charity aims.

Last edited by Jud : 11-02-2005 at 10:49 PM.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:51 PM
Board Administrator

Another picture...

Mayor Dave visits the set of the Shania Twain movie that is being filmed in Greater Sudbury. Mayor Dave had a chance to meet with the director and cast members.

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 11-02-2005, 11:08 PM

yep, Sudbury made out from this quite a lot, on the count of the real place, Timmins.
Which is sad.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:23 AM
Who's On First?

Meredith, Welcome here - I just read your posts and I must say I extremely impressed by your comments and the depth of your commitment to getting Eilleen right in your performance. She has been a life-saver for many of us here as well as an inspiration - she has done for me what few other singers have done - made my life much happier and enjoyable and gotten me by some rocky times - she has done this also for people all over the world - rich and poor - of all ages and beliefs - such is the power of her music and her voice and personality - I hope to be able to see this movie soon here in the States - good luck to you in your career - you seem to have your head on straight and know where you are going and have the ability and talent and ambition to carry you well on your journey through life.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:31 AM

Thank you for your posts, Meredith. I've often thought as I looked at the stills that we've been able to see from the film, that you must have researched her. And to let her "into your skin", I have a feeling that at least a part of the essence of Eilleen that captures the heart of her fans has also captured yours. I almost felt I could see that in some of those shots.
Old 11-03-2005, 02:29 AM
...one Freaky Finn...

Thank You, Meredith, for Your posts - they certainly answered a lot of questions..!

John -
Old 11-03-2005, 08:27 AM

Meredith, how brave you are to come here Just kidding! Thanks for stopping by.

I think the biggest fear from any fan is that something will be viewed that sheds a "bad" light to Shania. Reality is we are all human and have all been itches and astards sometime in our lives. I already know that Shania is human. I already know the good she has done. Whatever "short comings" may have occurred were learning experiences that enabled her to become the fantastic person she is today. I can live with that as a fan

Megan Follows,eh? I have always liked her since Anne of Green Gables

Lets all respect each others decisions to watch or not watch the movie. Lets not be so juvenile to fall into "I'm a more dedicated fan because I didn't watch it or vice versa"

Joni
Old 11-03-2005, 11:18 AM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

I know we have kind of made this like a grilling for a job interview Meredith, but as you said, we think a lot of Shania, so like any good friend, we want to be there for her. I know that I feel better about this now that you have given us a lot of background and your feelings on playing her as well as what was attempted to be accomplished in the film. I get the feeling that you have worked very hard to play the part to the best of your ability. That's something in itself. By the way, God Bless The Child is a good choice. It's one of my very closest favorites as well. She puts so much emotion into performing it.

Steve
Old 11-03-2005, 12:26 PM

Well for me the biggest cause against the movie is, that it made against Shania's and her family's will. They were simple unable to respect her wish for privacy...

As for Meredith being here, I know I am too cynic, but she just suddenly popping up on a couple of fanboards a few days before the broadcast.

It's called promotion.

Last edited by Jud : 11-03-2005 at 12:29 PM.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:47 PM
Who's On First?

...I think Shania understands promotion as do her fans..I have no problem with that...except sometimes we don't know what Shania is up to promotion-wise (think Martha Stewart show on the 15th)...

Last edited by AINAHS : 11-03-2005 at 12:54 PM.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:50 PM

Truthfully if Meredith did do this as a junket for the movie it was a smart move. Just as we contact those outlets that might be interested in our auctions etc. She contacted those that may want to see the movie. I don't see it as selfish but possibly strategic and I don't fault her for that.
The movie was going to be made regardless, lets be glad that someone that says she likes Shania played her instead of one of those that has a beef with her.

Joni
Old 11-03-2005, 04:54 PM
#1 Shania Fan :)

I don't really understand why some of us are getting so bothered about this movie. I know Shania didn't endorse it or get directly involved, but she didn't try to stop the film either. Heck, she even sent them CDs and best wishes. I know it's possible that they won't portray her story correctly, but let's just hope for the best.

I don't understand the cynicism towards Meredith, either. She is just doing her job, and she has said she did the very best she could. And, what's wrong with promotion? Before the release of a new album, Shania also promotes.
Post New Thread Reply