Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Fans Area > Life, Music, etc...
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 01-13-2010, 11:33 AM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

Great work as always DOC! I know it is cold down there. My daughter Crystal and her family spent a couple of weeks here for Christmas and we got them on the plane at the Portland Maine Jetport last Saturday heading for Orlando. Then her hubby would pick them up for the hour and a half drive back to Ormond Beach which borders Daytona. She joked though that even though cold for them there right now in Daytona Beach, it was better than here in Maine! By the way, it was -6 F here this morning. I do see Florida warming up into the 70's by weeks end though. Anyway, I think it's great what you are doing DOC!!!

Steve

Last edited by Steve F : 01-13-2010 at 11:35 AM.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:20 PM
Administrator

Way to go DOC!
Old 01-18-2010, 03:34 PM
Steph

Well DOC, you did a pretty good job for an OLD man...LOL...just kidding. You did an awesome job as always!
Old 01-19-2010, 07:18 PM
I'm Havin' A Party!

Send a message via ICQ to Shunyeuh Send a message via AIM to Shunyeuh Send a message via MSN to Shunyeuh Send a message via Yahoo to Shunyeuh
way to go doc
I Had A Blast Giving Shania The Flowers And Seeing her Reaction! was the best Feeling Ever! Meeting Her Was Awesome! getting the oprah transcript signed was a blast and having her recognize me was cool!
Old 03-17-2010, 09:55 AM

Thanks!
Running the first of 2 marathons in two months in Virginia Beach this Sunday (The Shamrock Marathon). Weather looks good. Also running an 8K with my 2 daughters and son (Tory, Cassy and Bobby) on Saturday. The girls are all excited as they get to wear O the green for the event (they made dye-dyed green shirts for the run). My 11 year old son Bobby-NOT SO EXCITED! He'd rather eat and play video games than run-LOL. Already raised close to $2000 for Feeding America on the 2 marathon series. Let you know if I survive the Shamrock next week-Doc
A never-ending song of love and the reason for your rhyme.

Thanks-ST
Old 03-17-2010, 09:27 PM
Steph

May the road rise up to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back - Irish Blessing

Good Luck Doc!
Old 03-18-2010, 12:52 PM

As always DOC, wish you the best of luck. What you're doing is so great!!

Steve
Old 03-25-2010, 02:02 PM

Well the road didn't rise before me (flat in VA Beach) and unfortunately the wind was in my face most of the time but the Shamrock Marathon went well on Sunday. Ran the 8K with my kids too. Kids all did well except my son Bobby who did his best then pucked at the finish line-LOL. Already training for Boston which is in 25 days! Raised around $2000 so far for Feeding America with the funds still coming in up to the Boston Marathon.

Here's pics from the 8K-look at the first one of Bobby at the finish line just before he puked-great look on his face!

http://www.brightroom.com/view_user...2951&S=230&PWD=

Here's pics of the marathon itself and me.

http://www.brightroom.com/view_user...2592&S=230&PWD=

Thanks-ST
Old 04-14-2010, 10:42 AM

Boston Marathon on Monday. Weather looks good. Over $3500 collected for Feeding America (Second Harvest/Kid's cafe) so far. Shania's music has to get me up over Heartbreak Hill one more time. After Boston I'm going to take a break until fall-too old for this 2 marathons in a month stuff! LOL New music would help though I think! Doc

Thanks-ST
Old 04-14-2010, 03:09 PM

Yes, this is Patriot's Day Weekend coming up in New England. That means the Boston Marathon. Just getting back from Daytona, I kind of forgot about that. Good luck DOC!!!

Steve
Old 04-17-2010, 08:14 PM
Administrator

Keep going DOC!
Old 04-24-2010, 08:33 PM

Boston is a great city and the marathon that's been run there for the last 114 years is a great marathon. Because I am a member of the American Athletic Medical Association that assists in providing medical back-up for the race I was privledged to be able to run it again this year. It was a beautiful day if not a bit windy and sunny for a marathon-as a matter of fact the race record was broken on Monday with a winning time of 2 hours and 6 minutes (not by me-LOL). I had a good day setting a personal best of 4 hours and 33 minutes but I gotta tell you it is a challenging marathon-some tough hills from miles 16-20. (Shania's music very necessary there!) The crowds were simply fantastic and so supportive all the way from start to finish. This was my second marathon in a month (3rd in 4 months) so I'm gona take a small break now until fall. Collected over $3000 for Feeding America and kid's cafe. I think the Miles for meals program has collected around $30,000 since its inception for the cause. thanks for all your words of support-it does mean alot to me-Doc Bill

Thanks-ST
Old 04-24-2010, 09:20 PM
Steph

The five S's of sports training are: Stamina, Speed, Strength, Skill and Spirit;
but the greatest of these is Spirit.--Ken Doherty-- And Doc you got them all! You do such an amazing job collecting for Feeding America and kid's cafe.

Awesome job Doc!
Old 04-25-2010, 04:31 PM

Thanks Steph! As always your too kind
Here's some good news that I just received and sent to all donators to the Miles For Meals Running Club efforts.

Miles For Meals

We should call it what it is-America’s shame! A new Hunger in America 2010 report shows that 37 million people-one in eight-receive emergency food each year thru the nations network of food banks and the agencies they serve. The hungry includes 14 million children and nearly 3 million senior citizens. In a nation of unprecedented wealth, this is indeed a national shame. As unemployment rises the widespread need for food has increased and many of those who turn to local food pantries have never had to seek help before. More and more of our neighbors are in need of food assistance. The food pantries in this country are desperate for donations. Feeding America is leading the way toward correction of this national shame but in the last year it has served a million more people every week than last year and every effort we can put forth to help is invaluable.
The Miles For Meals running club has Feeding America as its only beneficiary for funds collected in Dr William Paronish’s marathon efforts. The most recent “Two Marathons in a Month” running effort where Dr Paronish ran the Shamrock Marathon in Virginia Beach in late March and the Boston Marathon on April 19th went well and so many of you donated to the effort to help generate well over $3200 for Feeding America-we thank you for your kindness. For every dollar you donated Feeding America was able to provide $14 worth of food for hungry families because of corporate matching of funds donated. I’m sending the email to first thank those of you who donated to the cause and to make you all aware of a bit of great news that impacts on your donation and secondly to let those who have not yet donated to the effort know as well about this great new opportunity. The Cheese Cake Factory has agreed to match every dollar donated in response to this emergency, up to $400,000. That means every dollar you have donated or can donate toward the emergency will double to help in getting much-needed food to the hungry men, women and children in this country! For those of you who have donated-every dollar you donated now will buy $28 dollars of food for the hungry. For those of you who have not yet donated toward this effort please consider the facts noted above along with this great opportunity to have ever dollar you donate buy up to $28 dollars of food for this country’s hungry.
To date the Miles For Meals running club has collected and donated over $30,000 to this deserving effort. Doc donates his time, sweat and all costs of attending and running the marathons to the effort and very much appreciates any support you can give to the cause in support of Feeding America and that organization's support of the hungry in this country.

If you’ve donated to this effort, we thanks you and hope the news about the Cheese Cake Factory’s donation matching effort makes you even more proud of what you’ve done for America’s hungry.

If you’ve not yet had a chance to donate please consider this grand opportunity to play your part in ending America’s shame and helping the Miles For Meals running club, Dr William Paronish and Feeding America keep up our ongoing effort to run down the hunger in this country.

Sincerely,

Dr William Paronish

Donations may be sent to Dr William Paronish with “Feeding America” as the pay to entity at the following address:
Dr William Paronish
Box 372
Elmora, Pa. 15737

You will receive a receipt from Feeding America for your tax deductible contribution and a heartfelt thank you from Dr William Paronish for your kindness.

Thanks-ST

Last edited by DOC BILL : 04-30-2010 at 06:52 AM.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:12 AM

Wanted to post an update as I hadn't posted for a while. The Miles For Meals program is blazing along. I did a recent fund raiser featuring 4 marathons in 4 months. Did Disney, Shamrock and Boston so far and have the Pittsburgh Marathon in 2 weeks. Raised over $2500 (pretty well over $30,000 total for the program donated by Miles For Meals to this point for the effort against childhood hunger in America) so far for Feeding America/Kid's Cafe. Cool thing is my times have been the best I've ever done and getting better so it's nice to get a bit better as I get older-LOL. After the Pittsburgh Marathon I'll take a break and look toward the Marine Corps Marathon in the fall. DOC

Thanks-ST
Post New Thread Reply