Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[] Still the One in Vegas!
[] Shania on Spanish TV
[] Shania on French TV
[] Shania in TIME!
[] Shania on Today Show
[] Shania at Grey Cup
[] Shania on Late Show
[] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[]Chatroom
[] Board Members Pics
[] Timmins Trip Photos!
[] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > Shania in the news
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 11-28-2005, 01:03 PM
Who's On First?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbspock
Shania's Canadian Award
Superstar Shania Twain received the Order of Canada, that country's highest honor. The citation said the singer's journey from a small Ontario town to the pinnacle of the entertainment industry had inspired countless other emerging musicians.

http://www.cmt.com/news/articles/15...?headlines=true

That is all Hazel could say about the Order. Nothing about Shania's charity work.

-Chris

The same item was in our Cinci paper...they just pick it off the wire...the shortest piece...
Old 11-28-2005, 08:03 PM
tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve F
Oh no, no Tom, I'm sorry if I gave you the wrong impression. I meant the media in general. Every story I've read good or bad has spelled it Eileen. I'm sorry if you got that from me.

Steve

Thank you, but I should of still noticed and sorted it out. Sorry.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:18 PM
tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by AINAHS
The same item was in our Cinci paper...they just pick it off the wire...the shortest piece...

I am sure that Shania does not mind, for she does not do this for the press or indeed even us Fans. I doubt anyone reading this does not give something and when you do.... are you looking over your shoulder for some sort of 'Pat on the back?'

I think the less the mass media has to do with Shania is just a lot more for us to share, as we are not critics or publishers - I will stand by what I have always said over the years.... The Best music Shania will ever write has yet to be published.

Life never ceases to shock the hell out of me, and I see no reason to believe that will not be the case with Shania, Mutt and Eja. Any Songwriter will reflect this in there future song writing for that is the human condition.

If I am wrong (and I hope I am) then Shania is living the perfect life with Mutt and Eja and that would make me more happy in a way if I was not so selfish as to expect more music, so are we selfish and demanding?

I like to think that our job as 'fans' is to just keep hanging on and not force any agenda. That perhaps is the most difficult thing ever, but from the Wonderful Fans I have met, I believe we will all manage that and some.

For you are pretty amazing too, never undersell your self - remember the classic Christmas James Stuart film from the 60's "Wonderful World" where he goes through some real Christmas soul searching and the love around him brings him back.

Go out and lassoo the Moon sometime soon. If not for yourself then just for me

Last edited by tower : 11-28-2005 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Grammer and spelling
Old 11-29-2005, 01:40 PM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

I think Tom has made a very good post here. I agree. Still, it does tend to irk my give Shania some credit side. You all know as well as I do, that if this had been Kenny, or Keith, or Gretchen and they went and served up burgers at some fast-food chain for charity, Hazel would be jumping all over it with a lengthy drooling writeup. But then my realistic side says, no Tom is right. Shania doesn't go looking for that. Still Hazel and any others of her peers who don't get it should just for once. It's not everyday Shania gets the highest civilian honor "her" Country gives, not "that" Country, like Hazel reported as if it isn't all that significant..

Steve

Last edited by Steve F : 11-29-2005 at 01:46 PM.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:01 PM
Who's On First?

....Hazel would much rather do what she is renowned for ...spouting silly airhead gossip by the bushel than giving credit where credit is due...witness her tediously exhaustive rundown of Urban's romance with Kidman....

Last edited by AINAHS : 11-29-2005 at 02:07 PM.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AINAHS
....Hazel would much rather do what she is renowned for ...spouting silly airhead gossip by the bushel than giving credit where credit is due...witness her tediously exhaustive rundown of Urban's romance with Kidman....

Yeah, a good point. The world now knows Keith Urban only because of Kidman, and the world now knows Chesney because he was "briefly" marrried to Zelwigger. Otherwise, neither of these guys would be known outside of the country genre.

Steve
Old 12-02-2005, 11:58 AM

I just thought I would mention this:

I was watching David Letterman last night and he had Oprah on. It was interesting to hear how Oprah is also starting/funding a school in Africa for young women to learn to become leaders and have a voice.

I think it is great that both Shania & Oprah who grew up poor can try and make a difference and know it needs to be started w/ the children.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:59 AM

Yeah, we saw the show too. You are right.

Steve