Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Fans Area > Life, Music, etc...
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 05-27-2007, 08:39 AM

Seven STanley Cup Games for MAY-JUNE 2007

Here is some interesting information on the next Stanley Cup competition for anyone who wishes to review it between the Anaheim Ducks and Ottawa Senators... Seven games are scheduled and can be reviewed below on the following link but I will post a copy of those dates here also for the games below...There is more links on this link to review too...so lots of information on the below link...Oh yes the game is to take place in Anaheim, California...At least for the 28th of May it is...Have a great Memorial Day...

Benjamin

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?articlei...ge&service=page

2007 Stanley Cup Final Coverage: Ducks vs. Senators
NHL.com Staff May 26, 2007, 8:40 PM EDT

STANLEY CUP FINAL SCHEDULE

Game 1: May 28 @ Anaheim
8 p.m. ET, Versus, CBC, RDS
Game 2: May 30 @ Anaheim
8 p.m. ET, Versus, CBC, RDS
Game 3: June 2 @ Ottawa
8 p.m. ET, NBC, CBC, RDS
Game 4: June 4 @ Ottawa
8 p.m. ET, NBC, CBC, RDS
*Game 5: June 6 @ Anaheim
8 p.m. ET, NBC, CBC, RDS
*Game 6: June 9 @ Ottawa
8 p.m. ET, NBC, CBC, RDS
*Game 7: June 11 @ Anaheim
8 p.m. ET, NBC, CBC, RDS
* if necessary

NEWS & FEATURES

Niedermayer keeps things calm for Ducks

Stanley Cup Final notes & story lines

Anaheim Ducks-Ottawa Senators preview

Ducks-Senators Stats Preview (PDF)

Murray quests for Cup

Quest fuels hungry Ducks
Chase for Cup begins early

PHOTOS & VIDEO

Ducks photo gallery
Senators photo gallery
Ducks Quest promo: 300K | 700K
Senators Quest promo: 300K | 700K
Ryan Getzlaf feature: 300K | 700K
Ray Emery feature: 300K | 700K

Andy McDonald feature: 300K | 700K

Jason Spezza feature: 300K | 700K
Dustin Penner feature: 300K | 700K

Wade Redden feature: 300K | 700K
Teemu Selanne feature: 300K | 700K

Last edited by corran : 05-27-2007 at 08:58 AM.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:58 AM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

I'd like to see the Senators win. Anaheim is great, but they are certainly no strangers to this.

Steve
Old 06-01-2007, 03:25 AM
...one Freaky Finn...

HELSINGIN SANOMAT - INTERNATIONAL EDITION - SPORT - Friday 1.6.2007

Selänne and Anaheim two wins from Stanley Cup trophy

Teemu Selänne makes good on old "If I ever..." promise to friends

Teemu Selänne (left) and Anaheim Ducks team-mate Ryan Getzlaf sharing a few
words at a team training session on Sunday, before the best-of-seven Stanley Cup
finals got under way. Selänne, a veteran of more than 1,000 games in the NHL, is
seeking to become only the sixth Finn to secure a coveted Stanley Cup winner's
ring.

The Anaheim Ducks, whose roster includes Finland's Teemu Selänne, put their first two home games against the Ottawa Senators to good use, and now lead 2-0 in the best-of-seven final series, playing for the Stanley Cup trophy.

They won their second match by the only goal in the early hours of Friday morning Finnish time, thanks to a strike from their Swedish checking center Samuel Påhlsson with just under six minutes of regulation time left to play.

In the first match, played in California on Monday, the Ducks came from behind to win 3-2, scoring twice without reply in the final period.

Selänne, who took an assist in the first game but was out of the points in the second match, had no shortage of personal support in the crowd.

Many years ago, when he first went to the NHL, he promised a few of his close friends and people he had played hockey with since he was a child that if he ever made it to the Stanley Cup finals... well, they would all be invited over for the ride.

Selänne made good on this promise, and paid for the trips of sixteen of his mates to see the first two matches in Anaheim. They dressed in matching orange T-shirts with "Teemu the Flash" emblazoned on them.

Such was the demand for tickets for the games, not even Selänne could ensure they all sat together, but he was delighted to see them in the crowd.

"Hey, it was the sort of promise you just don't go back on", commented the winger, who is second only to a fellow-Finn, Teppo Numminen, in the questionable statistic of "NHL player with the most games played without winning a Stanley Cup". Numminen has played a massive 1,314, and the 36-year-old Selänne is not far behind with 1,042.

Selänne is seeking to become only the sixth Finnish hockey player to win a coveted Stanley Cup ring, after Jari Kurri (five times with the Edmonton Oilers, in 1984, 1985, 1987, 1988, and 1990), Esa Tikkanen (another five, in 1985, 1987, 1988, 1990, and with the New York Rangers in 1994), Reijo Ruotsalainen (Edmonton Oilers 1987, 1990), Ville Nieminen (Colorado Avalanche 2001), and Jere Lehtinen (Dallas Stars 1999). Lehtinen is the only Finnish player to have won both the Stanley Cup and a World Championship gold medal (in 1995).

There is still a way to go yet, but the omens are good for Anaheim. The Ducks are the 43rd team to win the first two games of the final round; of the first 42, 39 of them went on to win the Cup.

The next two matches will be in Ottawa, with the first on Saturday night (8 p.m. local time, or 3 a.m. Sunday morning in Finland).

John -
Old 06-06-2007, 07:57 PM

It does not look good for the Ottawa Senators as they begin their final battle against the Anaheim Ducks this day with the Ducks two wins to the Ottawa Senator's nothing...I know better than to discount the Senators...But they have not put in a good showing up to now...Maybe the Senators will finally pull out of the stops against the Ducks...Who knows...One must never discount the human spirit...And the underdog Ducks...If the Ducks win, it will be all over but if the Senators win then they will have struggle on for further games but they will keep their hopes alive...

It's official now...The Ducks took the Stanley Cup...That is the end of the Stanley Cup series folks...

Benjamin

Last edited by corran : 06-06-2007 at 09:54 PM.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:07 AM
...one Freaky Finn...

IT'S TEEMU TIME

This is *HUGE* news in Finland right now.

15 years of hard work & finally Teemu Selänne gets his dream fulfilled.

Many over here are declaring the Finnish Flash the best hockey player Finland has ever produced.

He is now the sixth Finn to hold the Cup high:

Jari Kurri - 1984, 1985, 1987, 1988, 1990 (Edmonton Oilers)
Esa Tikkanen - 1985, 1987, 1988, 1990 (Edmonton Oilers), 1994 (New York Rangers)
Reijo Ruotsalainen - 1987, 1990 (Edmonton Oilers)
Jere Lehtinen - 1999 (Dallas Stars)
Ville Nieminen - 2001 (Colorado Avalanche)
Teemu Selänne - 2007 (Anaheim Ducks)

Selänne had said earlier, that he would've retired after season 2003-2004, if he had won the Stanley Cup for Colorado.

He has also repeatedly hinted of retiring during this season, if Anaheim wins. And now they did.

"As I've said, I've always dreamed about retiring at the top. But this isn't the moment to talk about what happens next. I need a couple of weeks to think it over. I knew that during the season there will be the up and down moments - and the decision has to be made when the mind is stable. If it then feels like I don't have the same passion and love to hockey - then it's better to end it. This job is too tough to do without passion and love. But I don't want to think about that tonight, it's all too incredible right now."

Teemu Selänne says, as he smiles through his tears.

Man, was it worth getting up at 2.50 AM and watch the whole thing to 6 AM... and seeing Teemu interviewed twice and giving the answers in Finnish the second time...

...he made us proud.

John -
Old 06-07-2007, 04:56 AM

Howdy John

Yes you could tell the Ducks had a lot more passion in their playing and that was their reason for winning and also being so dominant during the entire series...Each game was pretty much dominated by the Ducks so one could have foretold that the Ducks were going to win ultimately...Thanks though for relating the story about Teemu John...I really appreciate it because it adds meaning to that particular series and speaks well of a devoted man who felt compelled to win the Stanley Cup for his team and would not quit Hockey until all was said and done...I bet even Shania respects that and is observant of that singular fact...Ha Ha!

A quote I love from TEEMU that you presented and highlighted John!

This job is too tough to do without passion and love. But I don't want to think about that tonight, it's all too incredible right now."

Teemu Selänne says, as he smiles through his tears.

John I can well understand why your country is in TEEMU's corner last night...
Celebrating with much gusto...

Benjamin

Last edited by corran : 06-07-2007 at 05:03 AM.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:01 AM
...one Freaky Finn...

Thanks, Ben.

Indeed, Teemu Selänne is *VERY* much respected over here...

...and, a devoted family man:

Teemu Selänne of Finland (right) and his wife Sirpa (left) pose
with their sons Eemil, Eetu and Leevi on June 6 after Selänne's
hockey team Anaheim Ducks won the NHL Stanley Cup.

John -
Post New Thread Reply