Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > General
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 05-06-2009, 03:26 PM

From Rock to Choc: Rock and Roll Road Wife turns Chocolatier

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs...64-37db31bd3f34

From Rock to Choc: Rock and Roll Road Wife turns Chocolatier
Shanna McHaney • Reader Submitted • April 29, 2009

It's hard to believe that a person would choose laboring work as a chocolatier over the high flying life of a musician. However, Miley Barcus, a graduate of Belmont University, knows where the real joy in life comes from.

"I am having a grand time and every day just seems to get better," says Miley.
Miley got a taste of the music biz life being married to Brent Barcus, former lead guitarist for Shania Twain. In between tours with Shania, the two moved to Los Angeles in pursuit of a career as a rock-n-roll duo. After several laborious years and countless demos, the two found themselves questioning their pursuit.
"We had given music our everything and we were exhausted. We felt a strong leading from God to make some serious life changes.”
Upon their decision to move back to Tennessee, Miley received her real estate license and, with her very own recipe, developed a sweet confectionery treat that she used as a gift for her clients. Soon, with the economic down turn, Miley realized many of her clients wanted to buy more of her chocolate and less of her real estate. She experimented with the creation of Wonderffuls, working with a small chocolate tempering machine in her home.
Desiring the need for some formal training, Miley attended a brief study in chocolate at The French Pastry School in Chicago. Miley's current and featured item of Merveilleux Confections is the Wonderfful, “a cross between a truffle and the best piece of cake you've ever tasted.” says Lisa Peters, VP of Marketing and Sales for Merveilleux.
A name was soon coined for her truffles when a friend tasted the treat saying, “This isn't a truffle, this is a Wonderfful!” One month after the birth of her second child, Isabella, Miley opened Merveilleux Confections, a rustic-chic chocolate boutique tucked away at The Factory in Franklin, TN.
By quick word of mouth, this one-of-a-kind confection used for gifting, is being tasted by patrons at local hotels, national corporate clients, and is now available for purchase at the newly launched online chocolate boutique www.wonderffuls.com
When describing the success that Merveilleux Confections is experiencing, Lisa Peters says "Wonderffuls are a representation of the creativity that comes from the heavens. The reviews we've received from our corporate clients are overwhelmingly complimentary. Wonderffuls truly live up to their name!"
Looking to the future and considering the current state of the economy, Miley thoughtfully considers the days ahead.
"There is nothing that I would love more than for this company to provide jobs during this economic downturn, as well as build a business that I can pass onto my children," says Miley.
Wonderffuls can be purchased locally at Merveilleux Confections at The Factory in Franklin. Chocolate boutique hours are Monday through Friday 10-5, as well as online at www.wonderffuls.com.

Last edited by amanda122 : 05-06-2009 at 03:32 PM.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:22 AM

Thanks for posting that. Miley's a very nice person and I wish her much success.
Old 05-08-2009, 06:36 AM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

That's wonderful. I too wish her the best being a chocoholic myself.

Steve
Old 05-10-2009, 08:18 PM

Great story of a woman developing her own business and becoming a big success!

Donny Deutsch of "The Big idea" which used to be on CNBC would have loved her!

Al
Old 05-16-2009, 07:44 AM
Steph

Thanks for sharing that story. They look absolutely heavenly!!!

Steph
Post New Thread Reply