Watch Shania LIVE from Las Vegas - Feb. 28!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[] Still the One in Vegas!
[] Shania on Spanish TV
[] Shania on French TV
[] Shania in TIME!
[] Shania on Today Show
[] Shania at Grey Cup
[] Shania on Late Show
Shania's UPClose and Personal DVD! Click to Order
[] Latest Shania News!
[] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[]Chatroom
[] Board Members Pics
[] Timmins Trip Photos!
[] Shania Twain Centre
[] Board Code of Conduct!
Click to Order Greatest Hits CD!
Please Support Shania's Cause!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > North American Tour: Summer 2015
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 06-24-2004, 05:44 PM
shaniaholic

L.A. Concert

OMG!! Shania was so awesome, intergetic, and funny. Her voice was sqeaky and hard to hear at times, but it was so fun!! Shania did not sing TWIM, but she did sing FAFA and SNJAPF. There were many funny parts througout the concert. But first, a lady proposed to her now fiance on stage it was so cute and everyong was going AAAAAAAAAWWWWWW!!!!! really loud. When the lady proposed, she was on stage, but her fiance was in the stands, so shania was like, you better get your butt down here. When the guy got to the stage, she told the lady to get down on that knee again!! LOL!! Right before Shania started to sing TDIMM, she started to talk about Brad Pitt. She said, you know that Brad Pitt lives here (meaning L.A. area) and everyone, well all the females, started screaming. She then went on to say that, no, she hasn't met Brad Pitt before, but he is "pretty cute", which I totally agree with. She then said, in fact i think that he is sitting somewhere over here and pointed to a seating area in the 100s area and again, people started to scream. But she said just kidding!! It was really funny the way she said it. After talking about Brad Pitt, she started to talk about Ashton Kutcher and how she has met him, but has never been punk'd adn thank goodness for that. Again, more screaming female fans. Because, if she did get punk'd she would get really POed (except she really did say the words), and that we would see the bad side of her. I wonder what her bad side is like?? LOL!! Shania then went on to say that the people making the punk'd show should watch out for us females who are PMSing because we are two completely different people when we are PMSing!! Shania was so funny! I think that this was one of the most funniest times that I have seen/heard Shania!!
I wore 4 glow sticks to the concert, and was in the 200s section. I was hoping that she saw me and/or my glowstickd cuz I was standing up, bouncing up and down, and singing for most of the concert!!
When I was leaving the Staples Center with my mom, I heard a lot of people talking about the concert (well, of course they would!!). But I was kind of surprised at what some of the people said. This one guy was talking to what seemed to be his wife and said that is was pretty good, but told her that not all the music was live. The wife didn't seem to know this. Is that true?!?! Also, a few ladies were saying that it was good, but her vocals were a bit weak. My mom also commented on Shania's voice. She said that it was weak and kind of bad sometimes. I told and explained to her that she was sick though. I thought that Shania sang pretty well, even though it was obvious that she was having a hard time getting some of her notes out, but I give Shania all the credit I have to offer her because she is sticking to performing and finisheing this tour even though she is sick. Way to go Shania- you are the absolute best performer there is and ever will be!!!! I love you Shania!!!!!!!
Old 06-24-2004, 05:59 PM

Location: Stockton freaking California. Where the sun shines wayy too often. Chicken Bum..
Send a message via AIM to Aimee Send a message via Yahoo to Aimee
awww hah I'm glad you had a good time!!!! Nice a review, Shania is so funny, the things she talks about, man, hilarious. AFter my Fresno concert I was soo sad that it was over, i wanted to somehow get to LA to see her there heh.
Was this show shorter than the LV show you went to? Cause the Fresno show was muchhh shorter than the Sac show, but that's so cool you had a good time, i'm sure she saw you with 4 glow sticks hah.
Shania rocks my socks.
avril lavigne, mary-kate and Ashley, that girl from "American Dreams", all the American Pie movies=devil's spawn! I;m serious.
Power to the 5'5'' and under!! whooho!
Old 06-24-2004, 06:02 PM
Board Administrator

Thanks for the great review!!! Shania is so great when she lets her hair down.

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 06-24-2004, 06:26 PM
shaniaholic

Quote:
Originally posted by Aimee
awww hah I'm glad you had a good time!!!! Nice a review, Shania is so funny, the things she talks about, man, hilarious. AFter my Fresno concert I was soo sad that it was over, i wanted to somehow get to LA to see her there heh.
Was this show shorter than the LV show you went to? Cause the Fresno show was muchhh shorter than the Sac show, but that's so cool you had a good time, i'm sure she saw you with 4 glow sticks hah.

Yeah, I forgot to put how extremely sad I was in my first post. When I was walking out of the arena, I was like NNNOOOO!! No more Shania concerts until a really long time! I really miss seeing her live and all her facial expressions, just everything about her. I really hope that she does another tour later. This concert was shorter than the LV and the Anaheim concerts that I went to, by about 1/2 an hour, so Shania was performing for about 1 and 1/2 hours cuz she is sick. . I had a blast anyways. Yeah, and I brought the glowsticks to try to notice me dancing and going crazy in the stands!!! I saw your pic on Tommy's Site, you were really close!! You lucky!! Well, I have to go to volleyball practice right now, but I'll try to post more later! Talk to you later Aimee!!
Old 06-24-2004, 06:28 PM

Thanks for the great review of the concert! I really love it too when Shania lets her hair down and is herself! She is so funny and is so right about that punk'd thing!!
Old 06-24-2004, 06:40 PM
Board Administrator

Shania was so cute on a UK interview when the host kind of downed her "flying squirel" top from FAFA. Shania kind of scrunched her face, and was like "aahhhaahh...say you like it!" the host was "so was that hand made or something, did you make it or something?" it was very funny.

-Chris

Old 06-24-2004, 06:48 PM

Location: Stockton freaking California. Where the sun shines wayy too often. Chicken Bum..
Send a message via AIM to Aimee Send a message via Yahoo to Aimee
Quote:
Originally posted by stcrazygal07
Yeah, I forgot to put how extremely sad I was in my first post. When I was walking out of the arena, I was like NNNOOOO!! No more Shania concerts until a really long time! I really miss seeing her live and all her facial expressions, just everything about her. I really hope that she does another tour later. This concert was shorter than the LV and the Anaheim concerts that I went to, by about 1/2 an hour, so Shania was performing for about 1 and 1/2 hours cuz she is sick. . I had a blast anyways. Yeah, and I brought the glowsticks to try to notice me dancing and going crazy in the stands!!! I saw your pic on Tommy's Site, you were really close!! You lucky!! Well, I have to go to volleyball practice right now, but I'll try to post more later! Talk to you later Aimee!!

I know!! man, i really do hope she tours faster than she did last time!! I know, like when she was right infront of my i just focused on her face, it's so crazy that that's shania, i don't know, but it's sooo weird. Heh yeah, it sucks that she was sick and that the shows are shorter, but atleast it's easier on her, hopefully the lighter load will make her recover faster.
I'm a little disappointed about my pictures though, last time they were messed up because the 35mm i had was messed up, and i didn't know it, so yeah, and this time my digital camera just sucked!! It's only 6 months old and a 3.2 megapixle, i have no idea why it made the pictures come out so bad!! And photobucket just made the quality worse! ah, oh well, i'm happy that i have like 3 good ones heh. Have fun at practice!
Shania rocks my socks.
avril lavigne, mary-kate and Ashley, that girl from "American Dreams", all the American Pie movies=devil's spawn! I;m serious.
Power to the 5'5'' and under!! whooho!
Old 06-24-2004, 07:12 PM

Shania Rocked the Staples Center!

What a night! She was right on! Too bad she was a little sick. A couple things different than other concerts on ths tour. She opened the show from the middle of the stage rather than running in from the back of the arena, maybe because she didn't feel like running. Also she didn't sing TWIM in the crowd or at all probably because she was sick also. She did have a couple on stage where the girl proposed to the guy and then she let them dance on stage as she sang YSTO acapella and the crowd helped her out too. That was so nice. The only other people she had on stage were the winners of the Kids Cafe drawing. It was the man's birthday and she said "I am so glad this is your birthday, Happy Birthday!" She wore a hot pink tank top to open and then switched to a light blue shirt and then a Lakers Gary Payton jersey, which she explained she knew they lost but had to represent in LA. I was so lucky to have won tickets on a radio station and sat in the front row in the middle of the stage. Totally awesome! She signed autographs all night and I got my new pink hat signed and my tour book too. Lots of high fives all night. I did notice that Allison was very friendly with one of the stage hands who sat right below her the whole time and then when Shania was singing YSTO Allison was sitting on the ground flirting with him. I have a picture of that, which I will post. It was so cute to see her like that. I will post some of the best pictures that I took. The concert rocked, Shania is the best ever. I am so sad that this will be the last time I will see her for a long while probably. But I have lots of memories and "It was fun while it lasted" and I will never be past it.

shaniarules,
Jackie
Old 06-24-2004, 07:21 PM
Board Administrator

So was she under the curtain????

-Chris

Old 06-24-2004, 08:06 PM

She did run down the aisle to the stage. Debbie, Jack, Linda, Sam, Cody and I all had clear shots of her. We knew not to watch the "shadow" on the stage and we saw the aisle that was marked and ready for her, so we just zeroed in on that. She most definitely ran through the crowd. Quite a thrill to see.

We thought her voice sounded just fine. Her energy level was sky high. We noticed that the acoustics in the arena was not the best for either Emerson Drive or Shania - it's a sports arena, not designed for concerts. Linda surprised us with tickets in the SECOND row on the floor after we'd already gotten into the arena. How incredible is THAT! In case I didn't say it often enough - THANK YOU, LINDA!

Debbie and Jack were kind enough to host us in our stay in the L.A. area. Very gracious hosts and wonderful friends. Thanks to each of you for the use of your home and so very much more!

Shania looked SO SO SO beautiful and Sam got a few great shots. As soon as we get home, I'll get those sent off to you, Chris.

I can't tell you how many people noticed and commented on the t-shirts of Cody and the girl and ribbon leis that we all wore. Someone ALSO recognized Debbie from her cross stitch work! AWESOME!!!!

Shania did notice the shirts and the poster and we got nice smiles. She signed the poster when Sam brought it to the edge of the stage, too!

Cody danced and danced and danced - to both Emerson Drive and of course, his girl. GREAT smiles. The most exciting moment for us was when he actually copied the moves of the band during Rock This Country. Just an incredible moment. And no potty breaks for him THIS time. LOL!!

Debbie has some great memories that I'll let her share
Old 06-24-2004, 08:10 PM
Board Administrator

COOL!! THANKS!!! I''ll make some wallpapers!!!

What poster?

-Chris

Old 06-24-2004, 08:58 PM
cross-stitching nut

Okay, Sheri was soooo right!! Shania did enter from backstage and run up to the stage just like always! She was very enthusiastic and was running all over the place. She sounded GREAT! - as GREAT as you can sound in a basketball/hockey arena. None of us that were there and we were in the second row, center stage, thought that Shania looked or sounded tired or sick! She was fantastic. The only thing that she did not do was TWIM. The arena was set up for it but she choose not to sing it.

JD noticed my husband and I sitting in the audience and made sure to say "hi" to us. Also a fan saw me in the lobby and asked if I went to the Anaheim concert last Dec. and if I was the one who did the cross-stitch of Shania. I said yes, of course, and accepeted all of her compliments on the cross-stitch. I had taken the signed silver dress cross-stitch to the Anaheim to show a dj friend of mine who was there working for KZLA and this fan saw the stitch at that time. What a thrill for me that she remember me and my work!!!

Linda, bless her heart, went to the box office right before the concert and bought 6 - second row floor tickets for all of us so we could be together. We had 4 - ninth row floor tickets and 2 - 12th row floor tickets before she bought 6 tickets all together. So Linda and I (just like we did with extra floor tickets in Anaheim) went up to the very top row in Staples Center - which is a LONG way UP - and gave away our original floor tickets away. The people who we gave them to were sooooo happy and grateful. Wow, what a feeling to do something like that.

This was one of the best UP Tour Concerts that I have seen thus far. Yes, she didn't do all of the songs that she originally started out doing but she was still absolutely AWESOME!!!!! The crowd was into the concert and SHANIA ROCKED!!!! VERY HIGH ENERGY!!!

I would love to say just how much I'm looking forward to seeing Shania again in Florida for her last show but it is just that ... her last show which makes me a sad. But I know that in true Shania style she will rock that arena just as she did Staples Center in LA.

"Find Your Self Esteem And Be Forever Free To Dream" - Shania Twain

Last edited by Debbie : 06-24-2004 at 09:07 PM.
Old 06-24-2004, 08:59 PM
Board Administrator

Is it square or a round venue????

-Chris

Old 06-24-2004, 10:34 PM

Well, since Sheri and Debbie BOTH got their posts in before me, there really isn't much else to tell.

To answer Chris' questions, the Staples Center is a round arena and the poster was one that Sheri made with the picture of Cody and "the girl" from Las Vegas and a greeting to Shania. We had hoped that Shania would invite Cody on stage (with Mom and Dad of course!) but alas, that didn't happen. Even so, I think we all had a really wonderful time. I know I did.

Oh, besides JD recognizing us and saying 'hi', Allison also recognized me (I met her at the Houston airport last year). She had on a great sleeveless t-shirt that I commented on to her. It had a simple drawing of a bus on it and the words below the bus said "There is no place like home!"

Shania sounded and looked great to me. I wish concert goers would realize that the accoustic in any sports arena will never be "good". Because they were designed for sports events, not for concerts specifically. Any performer I've ever seen in a sports arena, has never sounded as good as their recordings. It just isn't possible. The sound systems they use (especially Shania's) are great but they can't work miracles. Either a performer will come across too loud so that you can't understand one word, or the performer will sound weak. I'd rather have a touch of "weak" and be able to understand the things Shania talks about as she did in LA than not understand anything she says or sings!

Driving home after the concert with Cody was a real kick! He pretty much continued to "rock out" in his own way almost all the way back to Jack and Debbie's house! He was singing and making noises that for the most part said he was a happy boy. He did really well all night!!

l would like to have spent more time with Sheri, Sam and Cody but duty called and that meant leaving them to get some work done. Well, guess that means I need to save my pennies for a trip to Hawaii!! Aloha Sheri, Sam and Cody. Have a great flight home.

Linda
Old 06-24-2004, 11:29 PM

Thank you all for the great reviews! Sure had a fantastic time!

And STcrazygal, that guy knows not much, the concert is Live.