Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > Shania in the news
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 07-10-2012, 03:51 PM
Board Administrator

Shania, travel buddy

Nearly one-fifth of Canadians would love to go on vacation with Shania Twain, a new survey says.

The Travelocity.ca survey found 17% of respondents would like to travel with the country singer and 26% of those respondents would like to go with her to Australia. And although she's married, 38% said they'd like it to be a romantic trip.

Oprah Winfrey came in second (9%) when respondents were asked which celebrity they would like to travel with, followed by Celine Dion at 8% and Ryan Gosling at 7%. In Quebec, 26% of respondents said they'd love to travel with Dion.

The survey also found 62% of Canadians polled would prefer to travel with a Canadian celebrity rather than a Hollywood star.

But not all Canadian celebrities are good travelling buddies — just 1% said they'd want to see the world with pop singer Justin Bieber.

Women are more interested than men in taking a humanitarian trip with their dream travel companion (14% compared to 5%), while men want a romantic trip (32% of men versus 7% of women).

The survey found 22% of Canadians would take their dream trip with a celebrity to the Caribbean or Mexico, while 20% would jet across the ocean to Europe, and 18% would head to Australia.

The online survey of 1,234 Canadian adults who are members of the Angus Reid Forum panel took place March 26 and 27. The margin of error is 2.79 percentage points, 19 times out of 20.

http://www.canoe.ca/Travel/Activiti...f-19970006.html

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 07-10-2012, 04:44 PM
Administrator

I get it...I know many Shania fans who have traveled to go see Shania in concert.....! Why not traveling with Shania directly then?....
Old 07-13-2012, 10:12 AM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

I'm not even Canadian, but I agree.

Steve
Old 07-14-2012, 02:03 PM

I don't know how she would be, as a traveling companion. A little hard to know for sure, with all the different info about her, floating around. Most people seem to get along with her really well, in private, from what I can tell. However she's also accustomed to having people working for her, or supporting her, when she's 'on business'. And it's probably hard for her to avoid public attention and the paparazzi, unless she keeps somewhat 'under cover'. Privacy and anonymity are a lot more valuable than most people realize. It's one of those things that you don't notice, until it's gone. Seems strange that so many people work so hard, to be seen, noticed, or get famous. I guess it depends on what you have the least of, that you tend to want the most.

Those poll results sound very impressive. I'd have to look more closely at how the questions were worded, to know the real implications. This was only for Canadians. She took top spot, out of everyone in the country, from among celebrities as travel companion?

And 26% want to go with her to Australia? I wonder why that would be? Maybe New Zealand has a halo effect or something. Some of those scenes in NZ were awesome. Australia might have some good stuff too, but I've seen fires, floods and other problems there, covering wide splashes of that continent in recent years. Not so appealing to me.

Now why am I not surprised to see them say women want to travel with her as a friend. But men are more interested imagining her as a romantic co-travelor. Well, I guess if it were the other way around, that would be a real scoop. Personally, unlike many male Shania fans, I've been mostly interested in her just as the type of person I'd like to have as a friend. She's too young for me to think about romance. Cultural divide from different era experience would be too great, and I'm not fond of heart attacks, neither, given the age difference.

I like the photo. She looks good in wrinkles. Has about half or 2/3 as many as I do. She's missing my sagging jowls tho. And my gaps in memory, concentration and other things. Maybe by the time she's 67, going on 70, she'll have those too.

Last edited by Bob : 07-14-2012 at 02:08 PM.
Old 07-15-2012, 11:30 AM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

Back in 1995 when she was approaching 30 no doubt she was gorgeous. But I have so say that now approaching her 47th B-Day, she looks really great. She still has that aura about her. I think she'll always have that even when she's using a walker.

Steve