Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Fans Area > Questions, Comments or Suggestions
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 01-18-2018, 11:41 AM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

Where Is Everyone?????

Okay, I checked and I am signed in, so that's not it. However, I have not seen a post here for at least a month. Why??? Is the site no longer active?? Hello!

I can always get the most up to the moment info at Tommy's #1 Site, but his message board leaves a lot to be desired. When you post something, you rarely get an answer. So, I have not posted there in a long time. Otherwise, the site is very good.

Since Shania seems to have her hands into a lot of things recently, I am surprised that our old mainstays like Spock, FV, etc., have not made their impressions clear. I've been a member of this site since 1997, although my info says 2000. I believe there was a glitch with that several years ago and it got changed to 2000. Anyway, hope someone can explain why there is no activity anymore.

Steve
Old 01-19-2018, 11:27 PM
#1 Shania Fan :)

I've wondered the same, Steve. I think Shania's magic is waning for some.
Old 01-20-2018, 12:12 PM

Thanks TAL! I was beginning to think I was on the Twilight Zone Board. I've never seen it so inactive all these years. Even when the club went to Timmins and the Center, etc., there was still a few posts. Oh well, at least you heard my post.

Steve

Last edited by Steve F : 01-20-2018 at 12:19 PM.
Old 01-23-2018, 03:42 PM

I think most info is exchanged via Facebook.
That's the main reason that many forums do not run as well.
Old 01-24-2018, 04:43 PM

True, but Facebook tends to be a place where info is constantly coming at you from everywhere. Plus tons of people want to be your friends that you have never heard of. I do go on most every day to see what my family and closest friends are doing, and yes, Shania things show up often. But I like forums like this as you can concentrate on single subjects.

Steve
Old 01-25-2018, 10:19 PM
#1 Shania Fan :)

What I think is the most interesting is that even during Shania's long breaks, this board was more active. Now there's a new album, she's on TV fairly regularly, and there's an upcoming tour and this place is dead. Makes no sense to me.

Of course, it's also kinda weird to me that Shania's team seems to have stopped promoting the new album. No new recent singles or videos.
Old 01-26-2018, 11:57 AM

I agree. Yes, I don't know what is going on here. Right now I get my info from Tommy's Site. He seems to be right up to date. I do look at her facebook page too.

Steve
Old 02-10-2018, 05:56 PM
Administrator

I am here I check the board often during any week, but am trying to spend less time online and prepare for Shania's tour so to speak....it's like going on a diet before the holidays because you know you will want to eat a lot of goodies later....

I think it is a slow Shania news period overall, it seems Shania is waiting for the start of the tour to promote the album again, we'll likely see more Shania the sooner to the actual tour we get....
Old 02-20-2018, 10:06 AM

I liked the docudrama on REELZS " The Price of Fame" the other night. They did a decent job with it.

Steve
Old 02-08-2019, 09:30 AM

Hi Steve, Tal---guys, i would rather have 2 loyal fans like you guys for SHANIA, instead of having so many with questionable loyalty. Other artists, still around because of those very loyal fans. Mr. Sinatra music is still around even though a lot of his fans are no longer around. Because the remaining ones are still requesting for his songs and buying his old albums. And even getting new fans from new Listeners.
Old 02-08-2019, 09:36 AM

That's the kind of loyalty that the Beatles, Stones, The Who, Eric Clapton, Mr. Elvis Presley etc have over the years.
Old 02-09-2019, 04:50 PM

I might add Linda Ronstadt. They have just released an 80's concert she did in Hollywood for HBO. Being a live CD, it's great. She was such a talent and now she can't sing much at all due to Parkinson's Disease. It is sad, but as the old saying goes, nothing lasts forever.

True story. I was such a Ronstadt fan back then, and all of a sudden, she seemed to be gone. Didn't know why, but later I found out what happened to her. So, I started looking for a lady singer to listen to. One day, I heard FTMO on the radio and have been a fan ever since. True, Shania and Linda are two different types of singers, but for me, Shania brings a wonderful talent to the fan. Great songwriter, good singer, and awesome stage presence. Doesn't get much better than that. I miss Linda's fabulous voice and songs like Back In The USA, Just One Look, and Blue Bayou, and it's possible that had Linda not stopped singing, etc., I might never have become a Shania fan, but that time has gone and Shania Twain fits the bill just fine.

Steve

Last edited by Steve F : 02-09-2019 at 04:52 PM.
Post New Thread Reply