Watch Shania LIVE from Las Vegas - Feb. 28!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
Shania's UPClose and Personal DVD! Click to Order
[•] Latest Shania News!
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Shania Twain Centre
[•] Board Code of Conduct!
Click to Order Greatest Hits CD!
Please Support Shania's Cause!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > North American Tour: Summer 2015
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 10-04-2003, 07:09 AM

Send a message via ICQ to nds76
Grand Rapids Concert Thread

Is anybody else going to the Grand Rapids show tonight? It's gonna be so awesome! Hopefully I can get some pictures, but it depends if camera's are permitted and if I have good seats. We'll have to wait and see. Tonight is gonna be the best day of my life for sure! I will probably leave to go there this afternoon as it's a 3 hour drive from where I am.

David
Old 10-04-2003, 07:15 AM

have a great time, David!
Old 10-04-2003, 07:24 AM

Thanks! It's going to be quite a thrill seeing my most favourite singer in action!

David
Old 10-04-2003, 07:26 AM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by nds76
Thanks! It's going to be quite a thrill seeing my most favourite singer in action!

David

First Shania concert???

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 10-04-2003, 07:52 AM

Yep, it sure is! First time concert, longtime fan!

David

Quote:
Originally posted by cbspock
First Shania concert???

-Chris
Old 10-04-2003, 08:19 AM

That is a dangerous combination, LOL!
I know, I'm a bigger fan after Hyde Park, than I was before.
Old 10-04-2003, 01:08 PM
Administrator

Have a great time David! ROCK ON with Shania!
Old 10-04-2003, 01:41 PM

Send a message via AIM to resessions
I just arrived to Grand Rapids a couple of hours ago and checked into the hotel connected to the VanAndel arena where the concert will be held. I walked through the walkway and saw a limited view of the arena. It looks like a minor league hockey team called "The GrandRapids Griffins" play here. It seems from the outward appearance to be a little smaller than the Mellon arena that I was at in Pittsburgh on Monday...but in this case, smaller is better...it means Shania will be that much closer to us. Inside the main lobby were 8x10 pictures of many musical artists that were framed with the small plaque underneath stating the date they performed here. Just think, oneof those pictures will grace the walls of the Van Andel soon with the date of Oct. 4, 2003.

Only about 5 hours away now! Get Ready Grand Rapids !!!! The Shadow dancer is here !!!!!!
Old 10-04-2003, 02:10 PM
cross-stitching nut

Richard, do you suppose that Shania was really at our dinner in Timmins when you did your 'shadow dance'? Maybe that is were she got the idea for her opening??? Have another great time at a Shania concert!!!

Bye the way, you should be getting your tape from me any day. It was mailed to you on Monday, Sept. 29.

"Find Your Self Esteem And Be Forever Free To Dream" - Shania Twain
Old 10-04-2003, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Debbie
Richard, do you suppose that Shania was really at our dinner in Timmins when you did your 'shadow dance'? Maybe that is were she got the idea for her opening??? Have another great time at a Shania concert!!!

Bye the way, you should be getting your tape from me any day. It was mailed to you on Monday, Sept. 29.

Hey ya never know Deb..... we all felt that we drew closer to Shania at that convention than we thought possible without her being there.....maybe she was there......Shadows that get the crowd all worked up seem to be a growing theme, eh?

Thank you so much for the tape thats on it's way....What a wonderful B-day present !!! Thank you Thank you. Well I'm off to get ready to go see "Our Girl" !!!
Old 10-04-2003, 11:16 PM

Grand Rapids and Shania !!!!!!

Wow!!! (I think that's how I started the thread after seeing the Pittsburgh concert) It's the best word to describe how you feel after watching Shania perform.

Ok, Let me start at the beginning. I got to Grand Rapids around 1:30pm and checked into the hotel. After checking the messageboards, I was feeling stir crazy so I decided to walk over to the VanAndel arena to check out what was over there. The arena is often used for music concerts as I could see many walls in the main lobby filled with 8" x 10" framed pictures of musical performers and the date underneath the picture when they performed their concert there. Also this is the home for a minor league hockey team, The Grand Rapids Griffins.

I decided to walk around the outside of the arena and when I got to the back I saw the group of busses that Shania, the band and the crew uses. I lucked out in getting there at the right time (around 3:30pm) when all the of band was arriving and I saw them one by one entering the back of the arena. After they had all basically had gone inside I heard a dog barking at the other end of the lot and so I went over in that direction. There was one of Shania's dogs, looked like a relatively tame cream colored dog (looked like a short haired Labrador) tethered to a long cord to the end of one bus. I watched the dog for a few minutes when to my surprise, Tim (Shania's german shepherd) came around from the bus but he wasn't tied to any leash or cord. He was quite inquisitive, looking around and sniffing but as soon as I called out his name, he looked up at me and then quickly went around behind the bus. He came out a few more times just looking around. I was just about ready to leave when I saw Shania walk out from behind the bus with Tim at her side and a long red leash/cord in her hand walking toward the building. She didn't look my way so she didn't see me and to be respectful I didn't call out her name or try to attract her attention, but it was a thrill to see her. She was wearing cream colored looking cargo pants, a matching colored sleeveless vest and ball cap with her pony tail coming out of the back. About ten minutes later, Mutt came out of the same area I saw Shania and he walked that same direction. So I had the chance today to see Mr./Mrs. Lange

Went back to the hotel and got freshened up for the concert after that.

Shania had only two costume changes (three outfits total) for this event.
1) A red Grand Rapids Giffins jersey with white trim. It was long, down past her hips (no bellybutton for this round). She had on black pants with black ankle high boots with wide red laces that matched the Griffins jersey.
2) Second outfit was the dark pink spaghetti strap shirt that has been seen in other concerts. In Pittsburgh she had an orange undershirt beneath it but this time it was a pale pink (almost white) undershirt. Black leather looking pants with silvery/diamondy zippers on the back pockets and similar zippers on each thigh. Also a silver chain hanging from one side. She had a wide pink ribbon with a white strip down the center pinned to the outside of each knee and then criss crossed over her calves and criss crossed over her platform boots which came un over her calves. She had a beautiful diamond looking choker necklace on with colored gems laced within the choker.
3) Her Encore outfit was an altered Michigan State Spartans white T-shirt with green letters and Spartans helmet. The shirt had been split down the sides from armpit to bottom and then criss crossed laced together again with white T-shirt material. The sleeves were taken off completely and the top of each shoulder had been split and then tied together with a knot. She had on a crushed velvet looking pair of sweatpants and black tennis shoes.

The set list was similar to others reported so far and there were 4 Encore numbers done instead of three as reported from previous concerts. The set was:

1. Man, I feel like a woman
2. Up!
3. Honey I'm Home
4. C'est La Vie
5. Forever and Always
6. Gone and Done It
7. She's not just a pretty face
8. Don't Be Stupid
9. When You Kiss Me
10. I'm not in the Mood
11. Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under
12. From This Moment
13. Thank You Baby
14. No One Needs to Know
15. The Woman In Me
16. That Don't Impress Me Much
17. Whatta Way To Wanna Be
18. When
19. You Win My Love
20. Come On Over
21. I'm Holdin' On To Love (To Save My Life)
22. I'm Gonna Getcha
23. If you're Not In It For Love (I'm Outta Here)

ENCORE

24. You're Still the One
25. In My Car
26. Any Man Of Mine
27. Rock This Country

Between song 7 & 8, She brought a guy named Jay from the audience up onto stage. He was dressed as Elvis and she wanted to know what Elvis would sing with her. He suggested, That Don't Impress Me Much, so she had him sing the chorus and he was pretty bad. But it was funny. She asked him if he'd every dressed up like Elvis to sing before and he admitted one other time and when Shania pressed him for when he did it he said for an Aerobics class. That cracked Shania up and she said "I thought you were going to say for somebody like Celine Dion"

Two cute little girls Karin and Kaylee, ages 8 and 10 were the winners of the Kids Café raffle. They both had cowboy hats on. Shania brought them up on stage, signed autographs and took a poloroid picture with each of them.

The Van Andel arena staff were selling individual long stem red roses and many people were giving Shania red roses all night long.More people were giving her roses than were looking for autographs and Shania mentioned she felt really special because she said she'd never received so many roses at one concert before in her life.

Shania also took time to read quite a few signs and commented on a few of them, including one that said "Thank You" in the Ojibway language. Other parts of the concert were similar to others reported such as the Shadow enterance, introducing the band one by one while jumping down into the stage for the first costume change, appearing in the audience when she sang The Woman In Me, all the various pyro-technics and the confetti finale.

This concert was a sell out. Hard to find an empty seat in the 12,000 capacity arena. Shania was true to form and expectation in every way. A fabulous show that gets better with every venue. Man, I Feel Like A Fan !!!!!! What a blast tonight !!!!!!! If you don't have tickets folks, get 'em as soon as you can. It?s the show of the Century !!!!!

Last edited by resessions : 10-04-2003 at 11:26 PM.
Old 10-04-2003, 11:26 PM
Board Administrator

So she moved "In My Car" to the encore for this show.

I can't wait, this wednesday...my first of three Up! shows!!

-Chris

Old 10-04-2003, 11:29 PM

Quote:
So she moved "In My Car" to the encore for this show.

I can't wait, this wednesday...my first of three Up! shows!!

-Chris

Yep! I was kind of sad when she didn't sing "In My Car" because it's my favorite from the Up! CD but I was elated when she added it to the Encore . She was spectacular !!!!!
Old 10-04-2003, 11:34 PM
Board Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by resessions
Yep! I was kind of sad when she didn't sing "In My Car" because it's my favorite from the Up! CD but I was elated when she added it to the Encore . She was spectacular !!!!!

Sounds like the second time I saw Shania in NY, for the COO Tour, she went through the whole setlist, and did not sing "You Win My Love" one of my all time favorite songs she sings live. She moved it to the encore. Which was great.

It should be interesting to see how the COO concerts I went to compare to the Up! shows. I know Chicago was way above anything I experienced from the COO tour, so I bet Up! will knock my socks off.

Oh...here is a little tease of a new wallpaper I worked on this evening. It will by on my site tomorrow.

-Chris
Attached Images
File Type: jpg t_031004_tourshaniaoutfits.jpg (17.9 KB, 246 views)

Old 10-04-2003, 11:46 PM

Quote:

I know Chicago was way above anything I experienced from the COO tour, so I bet Up! will knock my socks off.

You can count on it.....better wear several pairs of sock at the minumum, otherwise you will be barefoot faster than you can say 'Shania".

Oh...here is a little tease of a new wallpaper I worked on this evening. It will by on my site tomorrow.

Now that is a tease !!!! The pink top on the far left is the same one from her second costume change tonight in Grand Rapids

-Chris