Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[•] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[•] Still the One in Vegas!
[•] Shania on Spanish TV
[•] Shania on French TV
[•] Shania in TIME!
[•] Shania on Today Show
[•] Shania at Grey Cup
[•] Shania on Late Show
[•] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[•] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[•]Chatroom
[•] Board Members Pics
[•] Timmins Trip Photos!
[•] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > General
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 10:55 AM

Official Fan Club Personal Message From Shania

Dear Friends,

I am so excited to be writing to you personally again after so long.

First I want to apologize for the delay in releasing new music. Music is the basis of our relationship, after all, and I realize I'm not holding up very well on my end of the relationship! But music has a mind of it's own, and is ruled by a writer's emotions and state of mind, not by a time frame or wishful thinking. I wish like crazy that I had new music by now since I dream of how fun it would be to see you all again out on tour with new songs to sing, but as most of you know, I have been side-tracked slightly over this past year.

The personal issues that took place just over a year ago have been well documented, and there’s no need to go into more detail here. Since then, I've been inspired by my pain to write and use writing as a therapy through the suffering. I truly wouldn't wish this on anybody as a means to get inspired, but it's been a productive period with so much emotion trying to find it's way out. However, there is no telling how long it will take me to actually finish these songs and record them so they can get out to you.

As many things as there have been to write about through this difficult time in my life, healing is serious business and has taken a lot of the wind out of my sails, slowing me down at times. As you know, I am a mom and all my energy goes to making sure my little man is healthy and happy in every way. This is a full time job, as any parent understands, but especially difficult when you are battling your own personal crisis at the same time while trying to spare your child of being affected by your own suffering.

One time when I was having a weak moment listening to some sad music and sobbing and slobbering over my computer’s keyboard, Eja walked up behind me and asked me why I was crying. He wasn't sad at first--just totally surprised to see his mom crying (he is seven and never saw me cry before), and didn't know what to make of it. During this intense period, I was managing to hide my devastation from Eja and cried only when I was alone; but this one time was just too hard for me to control and I broke down. I was quick on my feet to answer him though and told Eja that music was very powerful and can make people quite emotional. It can make you want to dance, feel angry, happy or sad and that THIS this song was sad and made me cry. He accepted this, hugged me and went back to what he was doing. Phew, that was tough!

The energy it has taken me to deal with my personal life and managing to still be a responsible parent has been challenging, and while I have been putting what energy I have left at the end of each day into my writing, it's been hard to put it all together into song format.

Please be patient and I will do my best to continue working on a finished album!
Each morning I put my son on the school bus, feed our two dogs Sony and Dolly, drink my orange juice and sit down at the computer to write. I spend most of my time working with lyrics right now, sorting thoughts, expressions and concepts. It often comes out in the form of poetry, diary notes or e-mails to friends. My friends are great listeners and are very patient and generous about it. I often go back to my e-mails for song ideas. When I write in letter form, I don't hold back. I just write it as it comes without considering format, topic, manners, etc. Some of my best songwriting ideas are coming this way.

Time has a way of making everything right, and it is my hope that good music will eventually come out of it. I say "good music” since I don't want to just throw anything at you, just for the sake of hurrying up to get it out. I want my new music to be something I'm personally satisfied with and proud to share with you.

I have friends and family around constantly coaxing me to focus on my music. "Your fans miss you. They want new music. It's been too long." They're all dying for something new too, so they are pretty relentless about it! I know you certainly all do deserve new music and tour dates; not only because it's been so long, but also because of the HUGE support you've all given me during this period. The many blogs and e-mails have warmed my heart, strengthened my confidence, given me courage, and have often even made me laugh out loud…in a good way! I know I am not alone and realize through your support that you are all routing for Eja and I, and our well-being. Thank you!

The other day I started writing a few pages about being hungry as a kid. Some of it was painful to think about but it also made me laugh at the funny times. Reflecting on that period of my life, I realize how true it really is to learn to take the good with the bad. To appreciate that you can't have one without the other. The trick is to give the "good" at least as much of your energy as the "bad" and not to get stuck focussing more on the "bad". I decided to start writing about other stages of my life to help take my focus off the current phase I'm going through. When I'm feeling down, I figured changing my focus to write about other periods of my PAST would help pull me out of the sadness and on to new chapters in my life. It works.

I will sign off now but I look forward to my next letter/blog to you. I just wanted to fill you in a bit on what's going on with me and music, as well as extend my thanks for all of the support that you have given me over this last year and for all these years; and to assure you that I'm fine and managing very well, in fact. I'm enjoying my child, friends and family like I haven't in years, and it's great. I've been experiencing and seeing new things every day, living life with a different and more optimistic attitude. I've jumped out of an airplane at 10,000 feet, I'm riding Spanish and Arabian horses, traveling to exotic places, I've been deep sea diving for the first time! I pull the odd all-nighter, read more books, listen to Eja's favourite music with him, LOUD [ironically his favourite band is ACDC] and basically I'm enjoying life.

Till next time, my friends. Be well, and peace and happiness to all of you.

Love,

Shania
Old 06-12-2009, 11:00 AM
Who's On First?

I have never seen her write at such length or with so much heartfelt sentiment!
Old 06-12-2009, 11:41 AM

thanks Shania, now we can all keep doing what we did for the last years:
we keep rooting and cheering, you keep writing....
Old 06-12-2009, 12:15 PM
.: Eja's big bwother :.

Send a message via MSN to CSCfan
Wow....just wow.....thank you Shania!
Céline Dion » New X-mas album ['09] || "Taking Chances" World Tour DVD/BR ['09]
Sharon Corr » Brand new solo album [2009]!
Old 06-12-2009, 03:07 PM

I'm glad she's enjoying life and the healing process is underway.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:34 PM
Board Administrator

We have two threads on this already...

Let's post comments here
http://www.shaniafans.com/mb/showth...3165#post233165

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Post New Thread Closed Thread