Watch Shania LIVE from Las Vegas - Feb. 28!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[] Still the One in Vegas!
[] Shania on Spanish TV
[] Shania on French TV
[] Shania in TIME!
[] Shania on Today Show
[] Shania at Grey Cup
[] Shania on Late Show
Shania's UPClose and Personal DVD! Click to Order
[] Latest Shania News!
[] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[]Chatroom
[] Board Members Pics
[] Timmins Trip Photos!
[] Shania Twain Centre
[] Board Code of Conduct!
Click to Order Greatest Hits CD!
Please Support Shania's Cause!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > North American Tour: Summer 2015
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 02-26-2004, 06:19 PM
Come on England!

Manchester 27th Feb - Review!!!

Waiter! Bring Me A Vodka!

OMG - what just happened?

I'm not exaggerating......this was the best concert yet. I was about 7 rows back and surrounded by mostly older people......This was going to be a perfect example of how to sit correctly.......or so I thought!!!

The first few songs there was sitting, but the older generation know how to have a good time in Manchester, I'm telling you!!! They were partying and getting autographs like you wouldn't believe!!!

OK, 18,000 people were there - its a huge arena. I bought 2 raffle tickets again to be charitable and have a 0.005% chance of getting on stage....the girls selling the tickets were so cool, wishing me luck and it felt like tonight it would be me!!!(It wasn't!)

BTW as I type this bits of confetti are falling on the keyboard, tonight there was so much of the stuff, what a party!!!

Where was I? Oh yeah.....The usual start (I won't spoil it with details)....and MIFLAW.......Only about 30 seconds into the song Shania came to our side of the stage and started looking at the audience... (whilst singing of course!).....I was out of my seat and she saw me straight away, smiled and gave me a wave!!! I think she remembered me from Sheffield - I always smile at her when I catch her eye and she smiles back.......Shania you are soooooooooo amazing.

There was such an energy about tonight...her voice was amazing, although a couple of forgotten words on two songs, but she carried on and picked up......Some songs on this tour seem to have an extra life - In My Car, What A Way To Wanna Be.....(this is one of the best songs live, I really love it!), The Medley including You Win My Love.....

OK now here's where I need help.....The band introduction was done, and the next song starts up, FAFA......I got emotional and started well, crying. It just got to me!!!

And that wasn't the end.......The Woman In Me with the beautiful piano intro by Hardy and Shania singing accoustic in the crowd......I started crying again!!! This time REALLY crying!!! I'm finished.....I'm too soft......I'm supposed to be a bloke for god's sake. I was just staring with loving eyes at her....she is a true angel.

But then TDIMM and IGGG power up and the roof came off!!! OMG the energy!!! The crowd went NUTS!!!

The encore was the loudest ever!!!! It just didn't quieten down.....then the final 3 songs and I then had confetti in my mouth...I thought I was gonna choke to death......

Shania came out wearing...........

.......not a Manchester United shirt!!! What a perfect evening!! She's a smart girl........she wore the Manchester Ice Hockey shirt (Because there are 8 Canadians in the team!) My smile was wider than my face!!! I was so worried that I'd see Shania in that shirt tonight.....

There was another female proposal, and a girl who spent the whole concert trying and failing to get a pic of Shania using her phone was invited on stage with Shania because she felt sorry for her!!! "You see, telephones just aren't meant to be for taking photos!" she said!!!

So it's over until next time.....all the floor seats have a great view, so again I was spoilt and lucky!!! Saw a Canadian flag, and on closer inspection it was Grace and Marco so we chatted....

So I went to Manchester and had a great time!!! Its hard to believe that it is possible to be a bigger Shania fan than before, but I am!!! Shania and the band seemed to really enjoy this concert.....it was something very special.

I'm still speechless and totally knackered!!!

Paul

Old 02-26-2004, 07:01 PM
Board Administrator

Awesome!!!!

Shania does rock!!!!

-Chris

okay, I will admit, I cried the first up concert I saw when she came out of the stage to sing FTMO

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 02-26-2004, 07:07 PM

Well you got me pumped up here Paul! Shania's concerts are emotional for me too. Most of the night I feel like my chest is gona explode! Glad you had a great time. DOC
A never-ending song of love and the reason for your rhyme.

Thanks-ST
Old 02-26-2004, 07:27 PM
Administrator

Re: Manchester 27th Feb - Review!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul
Waiter! Bring Me A Vodka!

OMG - what just happened?

LOL! GREAT REVIEW PAUL!! I am SO HAPPY for you that you had such a wonderful time! It sounds really like it was a SUPER SHANIA CONCERT!
I agree with DOCBILL: you got me pumped UP too now....and I have to wait two more months..yikes! LOL!
Way to go Super Shania Fans in Manchester for the great celebrations and the high energy at the concert!
Anyone famous to see Shania at the arena? I was expecting some Man U. players to be there...

PS. Did she sing SNJAPF?
Old 02-26-2004, 07:48 PM
Administrator

First photos from Wireimage:

For more pics, go here:
http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryLis...===52936&nbc1=1
Old 02-26-2004, 09:28 PM

Thanks Paul,

That's a really great review. The performer and the audience really do seem able to bring the best out in each other, when they let loose. I'm not a fanatic, but some of those songs bring up tears in me too at times. And many of the others really make me want to dance.

Could you please clarify about the Canadian flag helping you find Grace and Marco? I thought Grace was from Malaysia originally, and lives in the UK. And Marco is from Brazil.

Bob
Old 02-26-2004, 11:31 PM

I cried, too. It's just so overwhelming!
Old 02-26-2004, 11:55 PM

Wow, what a great evening!
Shania is Superb!

Ahhh, I'm still have two weeks for my concert.
Old 02-27-2004, 02:49 AM

manchester concert

what a fantasic show again shania and her band never disapoint everyone is touched by them my daughter 8 was totally amazed not often shes impressed,my only regret was not getting my ticket early enough most of the people around the stage got autographs and pictures we couldent get there and did not have a camera if anyone has some great pictures they could share that i could print of that would be great

P=
Old 02-27-2004, 03:34 AM

Hi - here's the review from Manchester Online - the internet version of the local Manchester Evening News.

MAYBE it's the Canadian way, or maybe it's simply the fact that she's sold more records than any female solo artist in history, but if Shania Twain had been any more relaxed at the M.E.N. Arena last night she'd have been sipping margaritas on a deck chair while belting out hit after hit. Talk about casual!

Not casual in the sense that she couldn't be bothered - far from it, in fact - but in the sense that all this comes so naturally to her.

Enveloped by a 20,000-strong crowd from a sound stage in the middle of the arena, Twain could have been performing for a couple of friends at her local, so comfortable was she with the dazzling surroundings.

Looking stunning in a luminous green top and black pants (how many women can say that?), Twain kicked off with Man! I Feel Like A Woman from her 34m selling album, Come On Over, and from there on in the crowd were hooked.

This was a sing-along slice of country pop like no other, helped by one of the best backing bands ever seen at the Arena.

Applause

Up!, Honey, I'm Home, C'est La Vie and Don't Be Stupid (You Know I Love) followed to deafening applause, and were only occasionally spoilt by Twain's insistence on signing every autograph she could from the edge of the stage.

Those close-by couldn't believe their luck, and it got even better when she actually walked into the crowd, sat down and belted out another great number.

A girl called Samantha, from Congleton, then walked onstage and proposed to her boyfriend of four years (he said yes), before Twain donned a Manchester Phoenix ice hockey jersey in just about the best plug the club could ever wish for.

Which left just enough time for Twain to wrap with the beautiful You're Still The One, Any Man Of Mine and Rock This Country.

Come on over whenever you want, petal, we'll welcome you anytime here in Manchester.
Old 02-27-2004, 03:43 AM

It got **** out of Five.
Old 02-27-2004, 06:43 AM
Come on England!

Glad to see everyone's reaction to this.....Shania was relaxed and very comfortable, just like the review said....it was almost intimate. The band were awesome too. Pity the London Evening Standard newspaper can't be as positive like the Manchester press.

FV, didn't see anyone famous, just the Shania crew! Grace and Marco had a Canadian flag for Shania reasons I think.....maybe they will tell you!

Ah, I feel much better now I know I'm not the only one who cries!

Paul
Old 02-27-2004, 08:12 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by GonnaGetchaGood
Come on over whenever you want, petal, we'll welcome you anytime here in Manchester.

LOL! They loved her for sure!
Old 02-27-2004, 01:27 PM

Send a message via MSN to chicker
Couldnt agree with you more paul - was by far the most charged show i have seen. I was excpecting the usual sitting down, but NO..... was up rocking through the whole show and the guys really fed off the crowd. Gotta be the most energetic i have seen any of them including Shania

And to top the might off it SNOWED just as we got back to our hotel :cool:

Manchester people ROCK!!!!!!
Make all our hearts blind to colors
Old 02-27-2004, 01:58 PM
Come on England!

It was awesome....there are no indoor arenas in Leeds or Liverpool, so there was a real mixture in the audience.....I was next to Irish, Liverpool and Leeds people, and of course lots of Mancunians!!!

Yeah, the snow was coming down pretty heavily as I drove out of Manchester over the Pennines back home to West Yorkshire. I thought I'd have to stay over if it got any worse.....It was so cold outside the arena, but it was warm once the concert got started. No, it was hot!!!

Paul
Post New Thread Reply