Talk about Shania's NEW album with other Shania fans!
North American Online Fan Club | Shania's Place | Shania Portal |
Shania Spotlight | Shania Twain City!
Shania Boards Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shania Twain North American Online Fan Club
Click For More Info on Shania's Kids Program!
[] Visit Shania's Official Site!
[] Still the One in Vegas!
[] Shania on Spanish TV
[] Shania on French TV
[] Shania in TIME!
[] Shania on Today Show
[] Shania at Grey Cup
[] Shania on Late Show
[] Shania Desktop Calendar!
[] Shania Fans Wallpapers!
[]Chatroom
[] Board Members Pics
[] Timmins Trip Photos!
[] Board Code of Conduct!

Go Back   Shania Boards > Shania Talk > Shania in the news
User Name
Password

Post New Thread Reply

Old 12-07-2004, 05:37 PM

Readers Digest Jan 2005

We just received a readers digest in the mail (someone got us a subscription for Christmas) and guess who is on the cover? Yep, Shania! "The Very Private World of Shania Twain"

Joni
Old 12-07-2004, 06:37 PM
Administrator

Alright! Now I am gonna have to head out and find it!..lol..can you scan the cover? what photo did they use? How is the article?
Old 12-07-2004, 06:39 PM

Cool, so it will be released in January....can't wait to read it!
Old 12-07-2004, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by FV
Alright! Now I am gonna have to head out and find it!..lol..can you scan the cover? what photo did they use? How is the article?

Blue Tank pic...we know it well. I don't have a scanner. Haven't read it yet (been dealing with my sick kid)

Joni
Old 12-07-2004, 08:22 PM

Thanks, Joni for the news! I was at the store the other day, but didn't have it yet! Maybe it will be there Friday! That is usually when they get the magazines in!
Old 12-07-2004, 08:50 PM

Well, I checked out the reader Diggest site, and I am very disappointed.

How any person with brain would let to write this article with Alanna Nash?
She 's a Shania hater. Gave to TWIM in Entertainment Weakly an F and called it the worst album of the decade.
She wrote the negative review of UP! on amazon.com.
A very negative review of ST and the Triple Tour.
When in 2002 RD had an article about country (Faith on the cover) her details were full of mistakes about Shnaia, and how UP! is doing badly, and when fans wrote her e-mails to correct her, her answer was, that others who checked the detials are th ebad guy.

Just wasted paper and intervieew possibility.

Last edited by Jud : 12-07-2004 at 08:52 PM.
Old 12-07-2004, 09:03 PM
Board Administrator

I don't like that writer either. She is another cut and paste "journalist"

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain
Old 12-07-2004, 09:05 PM

here are quotes from the writer:

amazon, UP! review
Quote:
She is what she is: a perky lounge singer with a calculatedly honeyed voice, a penchant for inane lyrics--often about absolutely nothing--and, in tandem with her husband, Mutt Lange, a masterful command of rhythm, production, and mood. ("I'm Gonna Getcha Good!" is confection perfection.) There's something oddly hypnotic about much of this project, and it may be simply hearing what Shania can do when she abandons the pretense of being a country singer and concentrates on music. Call this a guilty pleasure--pop, country, or somewhere in between. --Alanna Nash

Readers Diggest 2003, with corran's additions
Quote:
Alanna Nash

Shania Twain Article

On paper Shania Twain looks nothing like a country music superstar. Born Eileen Regina Edwards in Windsor, Ontario, Twain grew up loving show tunes and the Carpenters and at age 21 toured her honeyed voice on the Canadian resort circuit after the death of her parents left her in charge of her four siblings.
Her first major album (1993's Shania Twain) went largely unnoticed, but that didn't dampen her ambition. Toby Keith remembers Twain telling him "Country music is just a little pond in a big world and there's a whole ocean out there." He says "She wanted her music to be heard everywhere." She got her wish when she begun working with and later married record producer Robert John "Mutt" Lange, a South African who'd worked with major rock acts including AC/DC, Foreigner and the Cars. Their 1995 collaboration, "The Woman in Me", revolutionized country production with its rock 'n' roll instrumentals and dance music beats. Their follow-up, 1997's "Come On Over", sold 34 million copies worldwide.
But her most recent Album UP!, has stalled at the 8 million mark still huge, but not mega like the past. Twain launches a world tour this fall, hopping to match her 1998-99 road trip, during which she earned $63 million. "I'm basically a bar singer," Twain has said, "Who ended up on a concert stage." That's a lot of tips.

I thought I would post this article out of Readers Digest!! As you can see the article is full of untruths and is decidedly twisted against Shania Twain!! Under the Faith Hill article you will also see a picture of Shania Twain in a hat and beside it says Country's queen of midriff, Shania Twain is mother to a two year old. I guess Alanna Nash does not like Shania Twain too much!! This article greatly saddens me because it is so twisted and distorts Shania Twains true character!

Benjamin

ST, Entertainment Weekly 1994
Quote:
Shania (Shu-nye-uh) Twain might very well have started a whole new genre of country music-cowgirl and Indian-since her father was a member of the Ojibwa tribe. Instead of ancestral drums, however, Twain has her ear pressed to Karen Carpenter. ''Please forget me,'' she pleads on one song. Consider it done. [B/]Keith: C+ Brannen: B [B]Twain: D+
(Posted:05/21/94)
http://www.ew.com/ew/article/review...115||0~,00.html

and the beginning of her TWIM review
Quote:
The Woman in Me

Reviewed by Alanna Nash

SHANIA TWAIN The Woman in Me (Mercury) What do you get when you pair a former Canadian resort singer with a Karen Carpenter fixation and an over-the-top pop producer who thinks it would be fun to work in country? One of the worst records of the decade. Sample lyric: ''I'm a classy little chassis/Who's a- huntin' for a heart to win Rev it up 'til your engine blows.'' F -AN

Last edited by Jud : 12-07-2004 at 09:11 PM.
Old 12-07-2004, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cbspock
I don't like that writer either. She is another cut and paste "journalist"

-Chris

Not only that, but she is the tipical country traditionalist who hates Shania, picks up only negative things deliberatelly and thinks she's a joke with no artistic values whatsoever.

Why Shania's people don't check out who is th e writer?!

Since 1994 Alanna Nash did not said a positive thing about nor Shania, neither her music! And for to top that, this year she won an award as journalist from the CMA....

after the quotes I gave now you can know already to where this article will go. One thing is sure, not to a positive direction.

Last edited by Jud : 12-07-2004 at 09:13 PM.
Old 12-07-2004, 09:52 PM
I'm Havin' A Party!

Send a message via ICQ to Shunyeuh Send a message via AIM to Shunyeuh Send a message via MSN to Shunyeuh Send a message via Yahoo to Shunyeuh
Shania (Shu-nye-uh)

now u see where i got it from he i cant wait for the article!
I Had A Blast Giving Shania The Flowers And Seeing her Reaction! was the best Feeling Ever! Meeting Her Was Awesome! getting the oprah transcript signed was a blast and having her recognize me was cool!
Old 12-07-2004, 10:34 PM

Jud and Chris I have to agree with you that Alanna Nash if very much biased against Shania...I can tell you who she likes...That be Elvis Presley...I can imagine what she thought when she saw Shania's new video Up Close and Persnnel...

Benjamin
Old 12-07-2004, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by corran
I can imagine what she thought when she saw Shania's new video Up Close and Persnnel...

Benjamin

Benjamin,

Boy you're giving her more credit than I would. With Alanna's attitude, I rather doubt that she would even bother to watch UC&P.

Frankly I would question if she's even bothered to listen to every song on every albumn that Shania's ever released. It's certainly obvious that she pays no attention the stats, like COO being DD and in the top 10 selling albumns of all time.

Fancon 3 was a blast! Thanks to all who made it so, including all my new Shania friends.

Shania Twain Centre.
Old 12-08-2004, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Alanb
Benjamin,

Boy you're giving her more credit than I would. With Alanna's attitude, I rather doubt that she would even bother to watch UC&P.

Frankly I would question if she's even bothered to listen to every song on every albumn that Shania's ever released. It's certainly obvious that she pays no attention the stats, like COO being DD and in the top 10 selling albumns of all time.

Yes I doubt that too Alanb...But she must have heard by now that Shania has scored a double diamond with her Come On Over Album and as for seeing Up Close and Personnel all she had to do was tune in to CMT and saw that show on TV...I don't think she would have liked seeing Shania doing an impersonnation of Elvis...If you go to her website you will see that she adores Elvis...

Benjamin
Old 12-08-2004, 12:46 PM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

This goes along with what my Dad was telling me a week or so ago and I posted it here.

Steve
Old 12-08-2004, 07:43 PM

Great, I was really looking forward to reading this article, but now that you said she has her name attached, I can only imagine what she will say about Shania! I don't like her either!!